ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reducing working hours - Tier 2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yorkdave
Newly Registered

Reducing working hours - Tier 2 (General)

Post by yorkdave » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by an A rated company. I got Tier 2 (General) visa on January 2012. My company normal working hour is 37hours in a week. However, I would like to reduce my working hours due to Child care requirements. So I would like to know whether it is possible to reduce to 34hours per week something like that.

If you heard anything similar to this or if you anything regarding this could you please let me know?
It would be great and much appreciated

Thanking you

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Reducing working hours - Tier 2 (General)

Post by manci » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:48 pm

this shouldn't be a problem but the sponsor should report via the SMS the reduced hours and the pro-rata reduced pay

vika09
Newly Registered

Re: Reducing working hours - Tier 2 (General)

Post by vika09 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 am

Hi there, really sorry to bump an old thread: I searched the forum and found this. Didn't want to create a new thread just for a similar question.

What if there is no reduction in pay but a temporary reduction of work hours? I work 40 hours a week but planning to reduce to 32 hours per week. My pay will remain exactly the same. Is a change of circumstances application necessary for this situation?