ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual national visit to US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkh05r

Dual national visit to US

Post by mkh05r » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm

My son is a dual UK- Bangladesh national, currently living in UK. He has valid USA visitors visa on his Bangladesh passport. How do you suggest he should visit US from UK? Can he leave UK on Bangladesh passport, enter USA using the visa, and on the way back enter UK on British passport? Or should he apply for ESTA and travel on UK passport ?

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Dual national visit to US

Post by ohara » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 pm

mkh05r wrote:Can he leave UK on Bangladesh passport, enter USA using the visa, and on the way back enter UK on British passport?
This is fine. He may need to show the Bangladeshi passport with the visa when exiting the USA as they will probably want to see that he has been there legally.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:46 pm

mkh05r wrote:My son is a dual UK- Bangladesh national, currently living in UK. He has valid USA visitors visa on his Bangladesh passport. How do you suggest he should visit US from UK? Can he leave UK on Bangladesh passport, enter USA using the visa, and on the way back enter UK on British passport? Or should he apply for ESTA and travel on UK passport ?
As he already has a valid US visa on his Bangladesh passport he should be fine travelling out on that, and returning on his British passport. He should also show his Bangladesh passport to US immigration when leaving so that they can correctly register that he left the US (i94 record which is now electronic).

I had a similar question earlier on this year... The discussion can be found under the following topic http://www.immigrationboards.com/us-imm ... 01691.html

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Thank you guys