ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by CR001 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Superlaylay wrote:
foufou wrote:hi every one , any body still waiting for reconsideration ? please update
I been waiting more then 10 months now still no news , thanks
Have you considered asking the MP to contact Home office on your behalf?
There is no timeframe for reconsiderations. HO will take a long as they need/wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed May 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Superlaylay wrote:
foufou wrote:hi every one , any body still waiting for reconsideration ? please update
I did about one month and half , still no response yet , I had enough from waiting :x :x

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Foufou

No news is good news. Your good day will come.
foufou wrote:
Superlaylay wrote:
I did about one month and half , still no response yet , I had enough from waiting :x :x

foufou

Post by foufou » Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 pm

thank you rassel for your nice words . I wish you all the best broth

foufou

Post by foufou » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:42 am

hi ladies and gentlemen . who still waiting for the reconsideration ? please update it seems u are very quite
I sent mine in the end of july 2015 ( nearly 11 months now) and my initial application was in January 2015 :x thanks

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:51 am

foufou wrote:hi ladies and gentlemen . who still waiting for the reconsideration ? please update it seems u are very quite
I sent mine in the end of july 2015 ( nearly 11 months now) and my initial application was in January 2015 :x thanks
Hi,
I have been waiting for the reconsideration decision for 8 months now with no news from HO.
Have you heard back from them?

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:55 am

subzero155 wrote:
foufou wrote:hi ladies and gentlemen . who still waiting for the reconsideration ? please update it seems u are very quite
Hi,
I have been waiting for the reconsideration decision for 8 months now with no news from HO.
no news 11 months now :x :(

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:20 pm

foufou wrote:
subzero155 wrote:
Hi,
no news 11 months now :x :(
Sorry to hear that. No one actually knows how long it could take them to reply but 11 months is long enough I believe!

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi everyone
I applied for British citizen and has been refused 4 yeas ago(due to my conviction while my application was on progress)
since there is no time frame for reconsideration :(
Do you think I can request reconsideration now after my conviction is spent ?

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:40 am

mizer wrote:Hi everyone
I applied for British citizen and has been refused 4 yeas ago(due to my conviction while my application was on progress)
since there is no time frame for reconsideration :(
Do you think I can request reconsideration now after my conviction is spent ?
I think in your case you need to make a new application. Reconsideration only applies when the refusal decision is made based on an error by HO.

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi,
My wife had applied for naturalisation, as a spouse of british citizen. She arrived in June 2011 as a Tier 1 dependent. We applied 2 tier 1 extensions , One in Sept 2011, which was approved and the other in August 2013 which was rejected, however we appealed against the decision in the court and HO withdrew the decision in the court in April 2014, We made a PEO appointment for Tier 1 dependednt extention in May 2014, and she was under 3C leave during that time, as home office was in process of reviewing the decision. We made a fresh on the day withdrawing the original application on the same day, and the application was granted. We then applied for ILR in Dec 2014 same day appointment which was granted, In Mar 2016 she made an application for Naturalisation and met all the rules of stay, good character and ILR. However HO refused the application wrongly stating that she has breached the immigration condition of stay by over staying between April 2014 and May 2014, when the appealant withdrew the application, We never withdrew the application in the court and it was the HO which withrew the decision and we have the court document to proove that it was the HO which withdrew the decision. My wife was not an overstayer, as she was under section 3c leave when the decison was withdrawn until we made another application, We strongly believe that HO has made a mistake here. , We have consulted immigration lawyers and barristers in this case and they have recommended to fill the NR , and give HO a deadline to reconsider following a pre action protocol, before doing the judicial review, What do you suggest are our options and what is your recommendation in our case?

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 pm

w55 wrote:Hi,
My wife had applied for naturalisation, as a spouse of british citizen. She arrived in June 2011 as a Tier 1 dependent. We applied 2 tier 1 extensions , One in Sept 2011, which was approved and the other in August 2013 which was rejected, however we appealed against the decision in the court and HO withdrew the decision in the court in April 2014, We made a PEO appointment for Tier 1 dependednt extention in May 2014, and she was under 3C leave during that time, as home office was in process of reviewing the decision. We made a fresh on the day withdrawing the original application on the same day, and the application was granted. We then applied for ILR in Dec 2014 same day appointment which was granted, In Mar 2016 she made an application for Naturalisation and met all the rules of stay, good character and ILR. However HO refused the application wrongly stating that she has breached the immigration condition of stay by over staying between April 2014 and May 2014, when the appealant withdrew the application, We never withdrew the application in the court and it was the HO which withrew the decision and we have the court document to proove that it was the HO which withdrew the decision. My wife was not an overstayer, as she was under section 3c leave when the decison was withdrawn until we made another application, We strongly believe that HO has made a mistake here. , We have consulted immigration lawyers and barristers in this case and they have recommended to fill the NR , and give HO a deadline to reconsider following a pre action protocol, before doing the judicial review, What do you suggest are our options and what is your recommendation in our case?
Wait for other senior members to answer this but my understanding is that when HO withdraws its decision, its considered that they never took the decision which for you means that they technically never refused your application. The problem is that you withdrew your application while they were reconsidering and made another premium application. This arguably means anytime your spouse spent on that leave 3c wont be classed as leave 3c because the initial application was eventually withdrawn (which means that you never made that application). IMHO I believe that you should have waited for the reconsideration instead of making another application. You might not like this but I think Home Office is arguably correct to conclude that she overstayed. Lets see what others say on this. A good learning question for myself as well.

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:32 am

yesssssssssssss

FINAL UPDATE By the grace of Almighty ALLAH . in one of the greatest day of the year , I just have received today my approval letter for my reconsideration and my long battle with the home office is over for good.
my initial application January 2015 my reconsideration was in july 2015 all together is one year and 6 months wait ( 18 months long long wait and pain )

I thank every one in this forum , even those who were discouraged me some times , my advice is the home office rules are not a holly book and they always can be challenge and my case will tell u a lot .

finally to all who are still waiting , keep fight , believe and carry on and always think about the small chance u still have 8)

and to all who were refused and have no chance left , I really feel sorry for u ( especially the refuge and asylum applicants who they suffer a lot back home and now here ) , and I wish u all the best . and you will never know the rules can be change at any time and my be you will reapply again sooner then what u think because that was happened to me before in one of my application years ago.
thank you all again :lol: :lol: I still cant believe it

oncewas
Newly Registered

Post by oncewas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Dear All,

Any news for applications made by anyone who once overstayed? i want file my application but i overstayed 2009 - 2012

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm

many many congratulation foufou
can plz inbox me
foufou wrote:yesssssssssssss

FINAL UPDATE By the grace of Almighty ALLAH . in one of the greatest day of the year , I just have received today my approval letter for my reconsideration and my long battle with the home office is over for good.
my initial application January 2015 my reconsideration was in july 2015 all together is one year and 6 months wait ( 18 months long long wait and pain )

I thank every one in this forum , even those who were discouraged me some times , my advice is the home office rules are not a holly book and they always can be challenge and my case will tell u a lot .

finally to all who are still waiting , keep fight , believe and carry on and always think about the small chance u still have 8)

and to all who were refused and have no chance left , I really feel sorry for u ( especially the refuge and asylum applicants who they suffer a lot back home and now here ) , and I wish u all the best . and you will never know the rules can be change at any time and my be you will reapply again sooner then what u think because that was happened to me before in one of my application years ago.

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:13 pm

I been on my private ceremony today , took just 10 mins , next is the passport journey :lol: :lol:

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:06 pm

25th may i was told you "your good day will come.
Happy for you Man. But i'm unsuccessful
foufou wrote:I been on my private ceremony today , took just 10 mins , next is the passport journey :lol: :lol:

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Rassel wrote:25th may i was told you "your good day will come.
Happy for you Man. But i'm unsuccessful
foufou wrote:I been on my private ceremony today , took just 10 mins , next is the passport journey :lol: :lol:
thank you rassel,all the best , never give up

subzero155
Newly Registered

Post by subzero155 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I hope the other members update us too.

robbie2g2
Newly Registered

Post by robbie2g2 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

I too have been rejected based on the good character reason. However I feel my case could be a bit different and was hoping I could get some advice on the matter.
I have been rejected on the basis that I had been illegal in the country prior to getting my refugee status and for working illegally in the country prior to applying for asylum. In short, I came into the country in 2002 as a student on a student visa which I stuck to its conditions mainly on the allowed working hours for students (that is 20hrs a week during term time and more during study holidays.). This I maintained up until 2007 and kept renewing. In 2007 I then applied for asylum and was registered as an asylum seeker until late 2008 where I was granted refugee status. I have progressed since then and now hold indefinite leave to remain. Recently my naturalisation got declined due to the fact that I was here illegally whilst I was an asylum seeker and on top of that I have been penalised for working whilst I held the student visa. I am lost for words as I believe when one is an asylum seeker, they are not necessarily illegal( I stand corrected) and that on a student visa I was allowed to work 20hrs a week and more only on holidays which I stuck to. So believe I haven't broken any laws. Any advise on whether I can challenge this using the reconsideration option would be appreciated.

Update: I have since lodged a subject access request to see if I can get the evidence in the form of student visas that were granted as the home office took away my national passport when I applied for the refugee travel document.

Ble Ble
Newly Registered

Post by Ble Ble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:10 am

Oh my God!!! foufou I am so happy for you. I have been following your story. Congratulations!! Now you are FREE from HO and can leave your life without worrying about any changes that they have made!

I just want to say thank you for lovely input, advising and encouraging people in a similar situation on this forum. Good luck in all that you and enjoy your freedom from HO.

Ble Ble
Newly Registered

Post by Ble Ble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 am

robbie2g2 wrote:I too have been rejected based on the good character reason. However I feel my case could be a bit different and was hoping I could get some advice on the matter.
I have been rejected on the basis that I had been illegal in the country prior to getting my refugee status and for working illegally in the country prior to applying for asylum. In short, I came into the country in 2002 as a student on a student visa which I stuck to its conditions mainly on the allowed working hours for students (that is 20hrs a week during term time and more during study holidays.). This I maintained up until 2007 and kept renewing. In 2007 I then applied for asylum and was registered as an asylum seeker until late 2008 where I was granted refugee status. I have progressed since then and now hold indefinite leave to remain. Recently my naturalisation got declined due to the fact that I was here illegally whilst I was an asylum seeker and on top of that I have been penalised for working whilst I held the student visa. I am lost for words as I believe when one is an asylum seeker, they are not necessarily illegal( I stand corrected) and that on a student visa I was allowed to work 20hrs a week and more only on holidays which I stuck to. So believe I haven't broken any laws. Any advise on whether I can challenge this using the reconsideration option would be appreciated.

Update: I have since lodged a subject access request to see if I can get the evidence in the form of student visas that were granted as the home office took away my national passport when I applied for the refugee travel document.

robbie2g2 my story is similar to yours, apart from the student visa. I applied for naturalisation 14th August 2015, only to be refused March 2016, because I worked when I was not supposed to work, they said any application before 2026 is unlikely to be successful. I met with a barrister who advised me that I have a good case. He wrote to HO, three weeks later they replied that I should reconsider.

My barrister has sent my reconsideration application to HO June 2016, so is now a waiting game for their reply. Although I paid a eye watering of £950 to the barrister, is all worth it in my honest opinion. If you have a feeling that they are wrong, it is good to challenge them, as they make lots of mistake and threaten people with the unlikely to success quote!

Good luck to you in your decision!

Ble Ble
Newly Registered

Post by Ble Ble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 am

Good luck. I hope your application for passport is very short and sweet as your private ceremony. :D :D :D

robbie2g2
Newly Registered

Post by robbie2g2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Ble Ble wrote:
robbie2g2 wrote:I too have been rejected based on the good character reason. However I feel my case could be a bit different and was hoping I could get some advice on the matter.

robbie2g2 my story is similar to yours, apart from the student visa. I applied for naturalisation 14th August 2015, only to be refused March 2016, because I worked when I was not supposed to work, they said any application before 2026 is unlikely to be successful. I met with a barrister who advised me that I have a good case. He wrote to HO, three weeks later they replied that I should reconsider.

My barrister has sent my reconsideration application to HO June 2016, so is now a waiting game for their reply. Although I paid a eye watering of £950 to the barrister, is all worth it in my honest opinion. If you have a feeling that they are wrong, it is good to challenge them, as they make lots of mistake and threaten people with the unlikely to success quote!

Good luck to you in your decision!
Thank you for the encouraging words Ble ble, its so frustrating how they just make judgements without even checking documentation they hold themselves! No I have to pay additional funds for reconsideration. Anyway, I hope your reconsideration succeeds.....Good luck

shah814
Newly Registered

Post by shah814 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:05 pm

hi all new to this forum just a quick question , can any one put the light regarding the refusal of naturalisation on the basis of extra work during the student visa , and what about those people who only worked full time during term time because with HMRC they do not tell you when u worked part time and when you worked full time,
please share some experience if any respected member had this issue.
many thanks