ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI (minor) - Thumb impression

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:

OCI (minor) - Thumb impression

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi all,

I noticed generated OCI form has already got thumb impression from uploaded image (jpeg - thumb impression).

This means minor can not make actual thumb impression?

Was your application accepted or VFS asked to create actual thumb impression?

I am converting PIO to OCI.

Thanks,
Rajesh

ILR4PVM

Re: OCI (minor) - Thumb impression

Post by ILR4PVM » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:11 pm

points 6,7 in the link might be applicable for you http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 12570.html

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Thank dear. Your reply saved lot of my time, otherwise I would have to go one more time.

I went to VFS this morning. The girl on counter was saying she needs my son's thumb impression on Part B, the place where adult applicant has to sign. We had already signed below where parents need to sign for minor. They are horrible people.

Luckily I was carrying a paper which had my son's thumb impression, as a backup. She cut and pasted on the form.

They also ask you to paste one of the picture on the form.

Thanks.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi,
Can you also please advise if thumb impression in black ink is acceptable ? We tried almost on all stationary stores and couldn't find blue inkpad. I am hoping black ink thumb impression is acceptable

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 pm

HCI has not specified any color but I think black should be ok. I had used blue ink, bought it from ebay. If you have time then you can order. If you are based in London then you can collect mine from central London.