ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samnz19
Newly Registered

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by samnz19 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi im pretty sure i'm eligible as my father was born in UK to British parents.

My question is: It says i need the following documents but my father just has birth certificate and passport, not the others. If he was registered as British at birth why would he have them anyway??

You will need your fathers full birth certificate and passport, and either:

Your fathers certificate of naturalisation or registration as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or, before 1 January 1949, as a British subject);
or his Papers showing his legal adoption;
or his His expired citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies passport

samnz19
Newly Registered

Post by samnz19 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi im pretty sure i'm eligible as my father was born in UK to British parents.

My question is: It says i need the following documents but my father just has birth certificate and passport, not the others. If he was registered as British at birth why would he have them anyway??

You will need your fathers full birth certificate, and either:

Your fathers certificate of naturalisation or registration as a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or, before 1 January 1949, as a British subject);
or his Papers showing his legal adoption;
or his His expired citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies passport.

Or will his passport and birth certificate be enough??

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 pm

Anyone had an update with their passport application? It said that it will take at least 16weeks for the process based on the country that I'm applying. (I'm from the Philippines) Today marks my 14th week from they received the application and yet we hear nothing from them, aside from verifying that they have the documents. Any Filipino applying for passport as well? Or maybe who's in other country with the same or alike timeframe given that received an update in regards with their passport application? Its been almost a year and a half since I started the application for british citizenship and I'm afraid that this last step which is getting my first british passport will cause delay or take longer than what I expect, hoping for a good news soon, I'm almost done with getting all the process done.

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am

PinoyHarry wrote:Anyone had an update with their passport application? It said that it will take at least 16weeks for the process based on the country that I'm applying. (I'm from the Philippines) Today marks my 14th week from they received the application and yet we hear nothing from them, aside from verifying that they have the documents. Any Filipino applying for passport as well? Or maybe who's in other country with the same or alike timeframe given that received an update in regards with their passport application? Its been almost a year and a half since I started the application for british citizenship and I'm afraid that this last step which is getting my first british passport will cause delay or take longer than what I expect, hoping for a good news soon, I'm almost done with getting all the process done.

Hi,
I applied From outside d UK which is suppose to take 14weeks.its bin 21weeks now and status is same thing *undergoing examination*. So,you just have to be patient. They have written me to say they can't say specific how long it will take and it can't be influenced :D

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:05 pm

keji wrote:

Hi,
I applied From outside d UK which is suppose to take 14weeks.its bin 21weeks now and status is same thing *undergoing examination*. So,you just have to be patient. They have written me to say they can't say specific how long it will take and it can't be influenced :D
Thanks for the feedback keji. I dont know why its taking too long in our case, if the applicant is within Europe, america, canada and some it only takes them a week or two to get their passport. It make no sense to me that its taking this long for us, they have all of the documents original copies like passport and the citizenship certificate which in the first place takes a process for us to get it, it was issued by them as well so it show that we are legitimate applicants since we'll not get to this point if not. Anyway I hope you can hear from them the soonest keji. Please let us updated here :)

matkirk
Newly Registered

Post by matkirk » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

It's strange that it's taking so long for you guys. I applied for my passport from Cape Town in South Africa at the beginning of last month and took only 10 days before I got my shiny new passport via courier.
Holding thumbs that you get yours soon!!

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 pm

PinoyHarry wrote:
keji wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback keji. I dont know why its taking too long in our case, if the applicant is within Europe, america, canada and some it only takes them a week or two to get their passport. It make no sense to me that its taking this long for us, they have all of the documents original copies like passport and the citizenship certificate which in the first place takes a process for us to get it, it was issued by them as well so it show that we are legitimate applicants since we'll not get to this point if not. Anyway I hope you can hear from them the soonest keji. Please let us updated here :)
Thanks I hope so too.
Infact I have moved from a state of bin patient,impatient, angry,anxious, afraid etc name it.I v even become a nuisance to them.sometimes they even refuse to respond to my mail.then I call them severally.you have no idea what the tarrif is. Its totally annoying that others r getting there's in days,weeks while we have to wait.
Right now,I v stopped all together.am not even longing to hear from them anymore. Faith will take care of the rest.

samnz19
Newly Registered

Post by samnz19 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 am

Hi everyone, i'm about to start my application soon, just wondering if ill have enough time before my tier 5 UK youth mobility visa expires? Its 13/07/16 today and my visa runs out on 19/06/17, I'm thinking mine may take a bit longer as I have to get a DNA test done in the UK with my Dad because he wasn't added to my birth certificate until recently. I think if I start now I should be OK.

And is anyone else in the same position as me?

Father born in UK to British parents in 1953;
My parents never married;
I was born in New Zealand in 1988;
My father wasn't on birth certificate within 1 year - that's why i need DNA test;
My father is now on my birth certificate as my father;
I am living in the UK - youth mobility visa expires 19/06/17;

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:49 pm

samnz19 wrote:Hi everyone, i'm about to start my application soon, just wondering if ill have enough time before my tier 5 UK youth mobility visa expires? Its 13/07/16 today and my visa runs out on 19/06/17, I'm thinking mine may take a bit longer as I have to get a DNA test done in the UK with my Dad because he wasn't added to my birth certificate until recently. I think if I start now I should be OK.

My father wasn't on birth certificate within 1 year - that's why i need DNA test;

hello samnz19, is your dad in the UK? If he isn't then that's the only thing that will delay the DNA process otherwise, i think you will be good sending in your application before the 19th?

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Thanks I hope so too.
Infact I have moved from a state of bin patient,impatient, angry,anxious, afraid etc name it.I v even become a nuisance to them.sometimes they even refuse to respond to my mail.then I call them severally.you have no idea what the tarrif is. Its totally annoying that others r getting there's in days,weeks while we have to wait.
Right now,I v stopped all together.am not even longing to hear from them anymore. Faith will take care of the rest.[/quote]

Hello Keji, I can only join in your faith that the passport will come soon. Its quite amazing that the checks are being delayed from Nigeria as I'm just reading through previous updates. But will like to ask if you have applied for any visa from Nigeria to the UK before because I really don't understand what they are checking from here!

wadiki2
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki2 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:09 am

samnz19 wrote:Hi everyone, i'm about to start my application soon, just wondering if ill have enough time before my tier 5 UK youth mobility visa expires? Its 13/07/16 today and my visa runs out on 19/06/17, I'm thinking mine may take a bit longer as I have to get a DNA test done in the UK with my Dad because he wasn't added to my birth certificate until recently. I think if I start now I should be OK.

hey samnz19! i am in the same position as you ive done my application over a year ago and due to my location being in the U.S i wasn't able to do my biometrics, finally i was able to do it last month and by the 1st of this month i got my documents back with a letter stating that i need to do a DNA test due to my father being added to my birth certificate after a few years of me being born. the DNA test will be a bit of a set back but its a straight forward procedure. i am not sure if there is a way to do it before they request it which would eliminate any delays but in my case i received a letter requesting it, with a link of UKVI credited DNA CORP. i then chose my preferred DNA CORP. and made the call. they will take all your info and may ask you to email them the request form UKVI sent you. then they will set up an appointment with the closest clinic to you and you go give your sample there and the same goes for your parent. then they send you a result as well as one to UKVI. As in my case its a bit more complex than that, my dad's package had to go to the british embassy in Jamaica as thats where he is currently located as if that isnt bad enough.. the embassy will take a while, up to 3 weeks depending on workloads to call him. my deadline is on the 27th and may have to ask the UKVI for an extention which may delay me even more. but hope this helps! good luck

samnz19
Newly Registered

Post by samnz19 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:04 am

cool thanks wadiki2 ,

Does anyone recommend paying for help from advisers? The UKF form and documents seems quite straightforward and its really expensive!!

Anyone have opinion on this?

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:30 pm

samnz19 wrote:cool thanks wadiki2 ,

Does anyone recommend paying for help from advisers? The UKF form and documents seems quite straightforward and its really expensive!!

Not necessarily. As long as your documents are concrete enought. My father is not in my birth certificate as well, so we had dna test, they took my sample here in philippines and my dad's in UK and it was tested in america since the lab needs to be accredited or recommended by Home Office. Supporting docs are quite helful as well like postal letters of your parents before and financial support proofs. And most important is patience :) It took almost a year for me to have my citizenship and now I'm in the process of getting my first UK passport. Its almost 4months now yet I have not received any update, really hoping to get it done the soonest, patience will pay off for sure.

wadiki2
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki2 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:54 pm

PinoyHarry wrote:
samnz19 wrote:cool thanks wadiki2 ,

Not necessarily. As long as your documents are concrete enought. My father is not in my birth certificate as well, so we had dna test, they took my sample here in philippines and my dad's in UK and it was tested in america since the lab needs to be accredited or recommended by Home Office. Supporting docs are quite helful as well like postal letters of your parents before and financial support proofs. And most important is patience :) It took almost a year for me to have my citizenship and now I'm in the process of getting my first UK passport. Its almost 4months now yet I have not received any update, really hoping to get it done the soonest, patience will pay off for sure.

Hi PinoyHarry how long did it take for the home office to send you a decision after they've received the result from the lab? and if your test was done at the British embassy in the Philippines, how long did the embassy took to call you after receiving the dna kit from the lab?

km89
Newly Registered

Post by km89 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi samnz19 I had an almost identical situation, British father, New Zealand mother, parents not married, and father not on my birth certificate. I’m currently living in Australia, I contacted the Home Office and they strong advised I contact Kings College London for the DNA test, as other companies are often rejected.

It was a very straight forward process my father did his part in London and mine was sent to my local GP, then couriered back to London, the whole process took about 8 weeks, however 3 of those weeks were due to customs hold ups, but if you and your father are in the same country it shouldn’t take as long. It isn’t cheap though 490pounds in total. But once that is done it was very smooth from there.

Also I personally don’t think its worth paying for advisers, just get a friend or family member to double check everything for you.

Also just for reference this is my timeline.
Sent from Australia: 20th January 2016
Landed England: 28th January 2016
Received Liverpool: 3rd February 2016
Payment taken: 5th February 2016
Biometric letter dated: 17th February 2016
Biometric letter received: 3rd March 2016
Biometrics complete: 15th March 2016
Documents returned and approval letter: 14th April 2016.
Swearing ceremony and certificate received 24th May 2016

bhebijean_04
Newly Registered

Post by bhebijean_04 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:12 am

PinoyHarry wrote:Anyone had an update with their passport application? It said that it will take at least 16weeks for the process based on the country that I'm applying. (I'm from the Philippines) Today marks my 14th week from they received the application and yet we hear nothing from them, aside from verifying that they have the documents. Any Filipino applying for passport as well? Or maybe who's in other country with the same or alike timeframe given that received an update in regards with their passport application? Its been almost a year and a half since I started the application for british citizenship and I'm afraid that this last step which is getting my first british passport will cause delay or take longer than what I expect, hoping for a good news soon, I'm almost done with getting all the process done.

Hello Harry,
Did u have a passport already or still waiting for it? I am also from Philippines and just sent my application. They receive it last July 11 and deducted £80 last saturday. I found out this Ukf form when i had my vacation in UK last May and my cousin phoned the home office regarding this and told her that i can apply while i'm in UK and it took only 2weeks then i asked my mom to send all my papers in Uk but when i phoned the Home office again to confirm about the processing time they told me that it will take 6mons. Waaah but i am glad i asked again because my visa will expire next month. And i cant go back here in Philippines if they had my passport. So i just want an update regarding your passport :) thank you

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:29 am

Hi Jean,

I don't have the passport yet. They have my Philippine passport, original citizenship certificate and other docs and said it will take at least 16 weeks before I can have my first adult UK passport but until now I have received no update yet and next week will mark the 16week since they received the application. Good for you that you start your process, feel free to ask me anything about how my application goes, I'm on my last step and hoping it will not take longer.

g_barrie_g

First Adult UK Passport Outside the UK (overseas application

Post by g_barrie_g » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:38 am

HM Passport Office/Center: Liverpool
Application Sent: from the Philippines
Application received: in Liverpool on 14 March 2016
Application turnaround time: at least 16 weeks
HM Passport Website Status: Declaration Form Received, being processed
Application Status: 17 weeks

On 6 April 2016 I received an e-mail from them stating that checks in the UK are finished and they already referred my application to their colleague overseas to undergo "overseas check".

On 7 July 2016 I called their hotline to check the progress of my application and the only thing that they can confirm is that my application is still "under examination". That was exactly the same answer I received via e-mail 2 days prior to the call.

bhebijean_04
Newly Registered

Post by bhebijean_04 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:29 am

Hello Harry & g.barrie

I cant post a reply this past few days. I just want to ask if they already returned your passport? If yes how many months after you've submitted your application? Because i cant get a new passport for renewal because i need the old one. Please tell me if you get your passport so for me to have an idea how many months do i need to wait all in all. Its so sad to know that it is taking so long if you're from the Philippines because i read some comments here that they got it for just less than 2wks. Hope to hear from you soon regarding your passport.

g_barrie_g

First Adult UK Passport Outside the UK(overseas application)

Post by g_barrie_g » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:11 am

@ Bhebijean_04

You don't have to attach/send your actual Philippine passport with your application. You can send a COLOURED PHOTOCOPY of it. But take note, the rest of the requirements that you need to attach/send with the application must all be original e.g Phl Driver's License, School records, And any Governement issued clearances WITH PHOTO.

Go to https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports for more details as well as the requirements for the passport appplication. Also, try to use Google it will help you a lot. Anyways you can always turn to this site for additional help.

bhebijean_04
Newly Registered

Re: First Adult UK Passport Outside the UK(overseas applicat

Post by bhebijean_04 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 am

g_barrie_g wrote:@ Bhebijean_04

You don't have to attach/send your actual Philippine passport with your application. You can send a COLOURED PHOTOCOPY of it. But take note, the rest of the requirements that you need to attach/send with the application must all be original e.g Phl Driver's License, School records, And any Governement issued clearances WITH PHOTO.

Go to https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports for more details as well as the requirements for the passport appplication. Also, try to use Google it will help you a lot. Anyways you can always turn to this site for additional help.
Hello sorry i am still not applying for a passport i just sent my application last july 11 and they had my passport. It will expire on november so i cant use that angmore but ungortunately i cant apply for a new one because i sent the passport for the application. Did u sent your original passport when u sent your application? Thank you

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:10 am

@bhebijean,

I had sent my original Phl passport with my UKF form. It was received by their office on 29 June 2015. Then they had sent me back my passport together with the Acknowledgment Letter which I had received on 21 August 2015. Then I had received the Citizenship approval letter on 23 Dec 2015. I finally took the oath on 23 Feb 2016.

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:26 am

@barrie
You are two or three weeks ahead as always towards my timelin, crazy but every approval and update I got from UK takes the same timeframe you got yours so I always want to check if you've got updated, thanks for posting here anyway it sure is a big help :D I sent my original ph passport again for the passport application lol

@gene
I guess it will not take longer than 3 months before they can send your ph passport back and give you an update, you might need to submit your biometrics or they might adviced you that your application have been approved and the uk embassy Manila will set an appointment for your citizenship oath ceremony. Just put a lot of patience :)

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:43 am

@Harry

It just shows that the UKVI has a consistent process in dealing with UKF applications from the Phl.

Please post your own first adult UK passport timeline and use the "FIRST ADULT UK PASSPORT OUTSIDE THE UK (overseas application)" as the subject in order for others to have basis. Anyways we are done with the UKF application. But if you reply to a message with regards to the UKF use the "New citizenship form UKF" instead.

Thanks...

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm

To God be the Glory. Passport out at last after about 20weeks. A very big thank you to everyone that has helped out and best of God to all who are still awaiting a response from the home office .it will be positive by God grace. And to those still awaiting passport issuance too, *patience* is the word though not easy but thats all u can do.be patient and dot pressurize them .

Thanks