ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR application address worry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chimerka
Newly Registered

EEA PR application address worry

Post by chimerka » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi, I am applying for EEA PR certificate. I have all P60, all payslips, all bank statements as well, some council tax confirmations and also tenancy agreements. I do have extensive medical history, visiting doctor every month, and my surgery gave me letter with confirmation all dates I attended, which is amazing and certianly proves my residency in UK in last five years. My worry is, that letter from surgery is send to my old address, which I moved out 2 years ago, but its my colleagues house so he gives me letters when they come. I do live close to this surgery , as I didnt move too far, but I never changed address there, because I would have to go somewhere else, which I dont want to do. Receptionist said its fine. Does it matter if letter from my doctor will have different address than is my current address, where I pay council tax , get bank statements and everything? If these bills are important for proving permanent residency ONLY, then it shows big proof. But I am not sure, if they would see my old address on the letter as the reason for refusal.Thank you for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: EEA PR application address worry

Post by ohara » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:45 am

I can't see it being a problem, just include a short covering letter explaining why the address on your dentist letter is your old address.

chimerka
Newly Registered

EEA PR are these documents good evidence?

Post by chimerka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi, I am applying for EEA PR. Although I have full time permanent job, all P60, all payslips I believe they dont count towards reidency proof. I am trying to put together at least 2 to 3 documents per year, are these ok?
1. Driving licence paper one from year 2012, on which is my old address, where I lived in 2012. I know I should change the address on licence, but as I didnt , now I have a good evidence for year 2012. Would that be a problem , that I didnt change it for new address?

2. I rented a flat from certain agency, I have all documents, but only scanned in PC, no originals. Will original letter from estate agency with confirmation , that I rented a flat on address..... from January 2012 to december 2012 be enough? It is estate agency which is on market for many years and I rented through them for whole year, but my tenancy agreement with them is only scanned, not original.

3. I am written on council tax on flat I live with my husband from 2014, but bills dont come on my name. Thurrock council tax offices sent me original letter with confirmation, that I am resident on this address from July 2014 , although its not reflected on the bill, because that is send to my husband. Letter was send after inquiry of my husband and cofirms our price is for 2 people living in flat and I am resident as well. Would that be fine, if I dont have council tax bill on my name?

Huge thank you

chimerka
Newly Registered

WRS applying EEA PR from August 2011

Post by chimerka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:41 pm

I am applying for EEA PR 5 years continuous residency from August 2011 to August 2016, only 5 years evidence, as I am married to British citizen, so dont need 6. Home Office worker told me I dont need to put WRS evidence and card if I applied after April 2011. But my colleague told me she got her EEA PR refused, although she applied from May 2011 and was contacted by home Office, that she needs to show them WRS card, although she had it, she didnt register after 10 months getting another job and she had her application refused. I am truly confused now, I thought , that if you apply with evidence after April 2011, then WRS documents dont matter? How is it please ? Thank you.

noajthan

Re: WRS applying EEA PR from August 2011

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:14 pm

chimerka wrote:I am applying for EEA PR 5 years continuous residency from August 2011 to August 2016, only 5 years evidence, as I am married to British citizen, so dont need 6. Home Office worker told me I dont need to put WRS evidence and card if I applied after April 2011. But my colleague told me she got her EEA PR refused, although she applied from May 2011 and was contacted by home Office, that she needs to show them WRS card, although she had it, she didnt register after 10 months getting another job and she had her application refused. I am truly confused now, I thought , that if you apply with evidence after April 2011, then WRS documents dont matter? How is it please ? Thank you.
No WRS scheme after April 2011.
Friend may have been refused for other reasons or else in error.

When did you start enter and start working in UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR are these documents good evidence?

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Its a start.
You need more - to be originals and in your name too.

HO plays hardball and doesn't give benefit of doubt.

chimerka
Newly Registered

Post by chimerka » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank you for reply. I do have more evidence, always have at least 2 for each year. Could you please tell me if poll card for elections sent for my name on my address can be used as well?
It is correspondence by government which says I am on electoral on this address , so I hope its ok.

thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:03 pm

chimerka wrote:Thank you for reply. I do have more evidence, always have at least 2 for each year. Could you please tell me if poll card for elections sent for my name on my address can be used as well?
It is correspondence by government which says I am on electoral on this address , so I hope its ok.

thank you
Yes, perfect; the more you have from official government bodies, agencies and other state institutions the better.

chimerka
Newly Registered

Eea PR, am I miss or missis?

Post by chimerka » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:29 pm

I am applying for EEA PR 5 years continuous residency, working in UK from 2005. I married my British husband in April and after PR I am applying for citizenship as married to British citizen. We got married in Vegas, all legal documents , UK doesn't require British people register their wedding abroad, so he didn't do anything. My country Slovakia does require, however I was told I can do it anytime and people even do it 2 years after wedding, as on my embassy I was told it will take whole year to register my marriage for Slovakia and give me new passport with new surname, I decided to wait, as really EEA PR is my priority right now. I didn't change my name either. What I don't know is should I put miss or missis on my application? At the end of the day our marriage is legal in Nevada and UK, even though my husband didn't need to register. I guess home office worker wouldn't notice such detail and my application has nothing to do with my marriage, all documents are current, but still, I worry that somehow it would affect my citizenship.
I decided, that after receiving EEA PR I will travel to Slovakia register marriage and get new passport, so Id apply for citizenship with new passport and new name, but I don't see that as problem, as I guess many people were in that situation, but if they will see I applied as miss for EEA PR and then on citizenship they will see that I got married before applying for EEA PR , could that be trouble?
Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Merged posts.

No need for multiple posts.

noajthan

Re: Eea PR, am I miss or missis?

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:38 pm

chimerka wrote:What I don't know is should I put miss or missis on my application?
It's 21st century, why should you have to tell 'the man' about your marital status via your name.
You can be Ms.