ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETLR sheffield appointment on 19th july 2016

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zidane

SETLR sheffield appointment on 19th july 2016

Post by zidane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:13 am

Dear members,

I have an appointment on the 19th, i have booked in Sheffield. I currently have an flr O pending with the home office for which the biometrics were just given on the 4th of July. I am praying that i dont hear anything from HO before my appointment.

Documents I am taking,

[*]full colour copy of my original current passport which is with HO for my flr O application (ALL PAGES)
[*]All previous passports
[*] Life in the Uk certificate
[*] Uk bachelors degree
[*]appointment confirmation for p.e.o and payment confirmation
[*]Completed SET LR form
[*] 2x passport pictures
[*] 1x cover letter for variation
SECONDARY ITEMS ,WHICH WON'T BE PRESENTED TO CASEWORKER UNLESS NEED BE
[*]Some university letter
[*] Bank statement covering 1 year ,stamped by bank

The appointment time is 12ish but i shall go around 9:30 In sha ALLAH

remember me in your prayers .

Casa

Re: SETLR sheffield appointment on 19th july 2016

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:17 am

Have you requested to have your passport & any documents currently held by the HO sent to the PSC? The application for LR is unlikely to be processed without them being available for the Case Worker on the day of the appointment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:38 am

Dear

I got my LR 2 days ago from SET (LR)

documents provided:

set lr filled form
2 pics
all passports
life in the uk test
degree

thats it, took 90 min and been approved.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Very pleased for you, but how does this relate to zidane's situation where they are hoping to vary their pending FLR(O) application to LR at the PSC? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zidane

Post by zidane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Casa wrote:Very pleased for you, but how does this relate to zidane's situation where they are hoping to vary their pending FLR(O) application to LR at the PSC? :?:

case you are right , no dear i did not request for the passport . i have all previous passports except for the current one which is equally important ofcourse. I was not sure about requesting the documents .. do you reckon i can do that on monday .. as my appointment is on the tuesday , very unlikely that it will be sent on such a short notice.. or shall i just turn up like i am planning to anyway and hopefully if not the same it shall be approved in a week or two God willing ...

zidane

Post by zidane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Legal83 wrote:Dear

documents provided:

set lr filled form
2 pics
all passports
life in the uk test
degree

I believe in your case you had the current passport in hand, mine is with homeoffice.

thanks and congrats .. did you go sheffield. ?

zidane

Post by zidane » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:34 pm

also after i hopefully get my ilr , i will have to sort the missus's visa , my wife has been here with me for less than a year , i dont meet the financial requirement so i will have to put her as flr fp , i know i dont have insurmountable circumstances too to continue outside uk. but thats all i have for now, but i shall have my second payslip this month (recently got a job meeting requirement). Just a query will this application of my wife attract appeal right .. ? by the end of november i shall have 6 payslips , considering rules remain the same then,...

zidane

Post by zidane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 am

Morning Ladies and Gents,

I have drafted a letter explaining all my travel history in the past 10 years , excluding dates of departures and arrival , it has come up to 529 days , quite a thing eh ?.
Do you reckon its useful to get that printed out which will also pointout the passport and page number these stamps are in , or shall i just fill.this information in the actual form and without providing this seperate letter.
Any other advise you may have , please enlighten me . .

Many Thanks
Zidane.

hasan6223
Newly Registered

Post by hasan6223 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:14 am

Casa wrote:Have you requested to have your passport & any documents currently held by the HO sent to the PSC? The application for LR is unlikely to be processed without them being available for the Case Worker on the day of the appointment.
Hi Casa,

Do you have any idea how to request a passport to a PSC as you have suggested here. Because I am in a same situation and planing to vary my FLR (FP) application to SET(LR) on 9 th of August in a PSC.
Thank you.

Hasan

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 am

Legal83 wrote:Dear

documents provided:

set lr filled form
2 pics
all passports
life in the uk test
degree

Hi,
could you please tell us what was your current visa when you got ILR and congratulations.

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:36 am

zidane wrote:Morning Ladies and Gents,

I have drafted a letter explaining all my travel history in the past 10 years , excluding dates of departures and arrival , it has come up to 529 days , quite a thing eh ?.
Do you reckon its useful to get that printed out which will also pointout the passport and page number these stamps are in , or shall i just fill.this information in the actual form and without providing this seperate letter.

Many Thanks
Zidane.

Hey Zidane.

Good luck . I hope u will achieve ur goal today InshaAllah.

Please update after ur appointment.

Regards

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:24 pm

hasan6223 wrote:
Casa wrote:Have you requested to have your passport & any documents currently held by the HO sent to the PSC? The application for LR is unlikely to be processed without them being available for the Case Worker on the day of the appointment.
Hi Casa,

Do you have any idea how to request a passport to a PSC as you have suggested here. Because I am in a same situation and planing to vary my FLR (FP) application to SET(LR) on 9 th of August in a PSC.
Thank you.

Hasan

Hi Hasan

Hope you are good.
Have you booked your appointment? I have plan to vary my flr fp to set lr on 9th August too. My situation is bit complicated though. Which PEO are you planning to attend.

Please update if possible.
Thanks

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:27 pm

lucky007 wrote:
zidane wrote:Morning Ladies and Gents,

Many Thanks
Zidane.

Hey Zidane.

Good luck . I hope u will achieve ur goal today InshaAllah.

Please update after ur appointment.

Regards

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:20 am

Hello ,

Thanks every one . Alhamdulillah Ilr has been approved on the same day today . quite a turnaround .waitjg for biometrics card to arrive now.
mind it i was unable to vary as a day before my appointment i recieved a refusal of my flr o .. very close. but went as nornal , no questions asked. caseworker was lovely and she took a leap to get the passports for me and hence the decsion was made. she humted the passports which i believe were in thr same building.

all because of Allah and my parents prayers and support from wife and friends.
thansk for your concern lucky 007 bro . Allah bles you

r984b
Newly Registered

Post by r984b » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 am

Dear Zidane,

I came to the UK in 29 August 2006. But my set(o) application is refused on 14 July and received on 18 July. I got appeal right which extends my section 3C leave until 1 August. Can I go for premium service on 1 August for SET(LR)?

ddiva
Newly Registered

Post by ddiva » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:06 am

Congratulations Zidane. How long did it take to ger flr o response. I mean from making application to getting letter. Thanks and congratulations again.

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 am

r984b wrote:Dear Zidane,

I came to the UK in 29 August 2006. But my set(o) application is refused on 14 July and received on 18 July. I got appeal right which extends my section 3C leave until 1 August. Can I go for premium service on 1 August for SET(LR)?
Yes you can . but please make sure that there your taxes and and Sa302 forms are in order. I over heard a set O couple being refused on thebsame grounds and the caseworker was giving the dame reaaon that the records with HMRC dont match, so unless you have everything in perfect order avoid peo. but as per the timing guideline you should qualify .

thanks.

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am

ddiva wrote:Congratulations Zidane. How long did it take to ger flr o response. I mean from making application to getting letter. Thanks and congratulations again.
ddiva it took exactly 3 months . i applied on 11 april got refused on 13th july refusal recieved 18 july.
mind it i did my delayed biometrics on the 4th of july. i wasnt expecting them to even open the applicqtion as i was due for ilr on 19 but they refused on 13th . so within a week i got refused of giving biometrics. so i lost 1622 for two applicant but got ihs refund straight away.

ddiva
Newly Registered

Post by ddiva » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks Zidane for getting back. All ur worries are now over. What do you plan to apply for dependant or did they qualifly for long residence as well.

shero
Newly Registered

Post by shero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 am

zidane wrote:
ddiva wrote:Congratulations Zidane. How long did it take to ger flr o response. I mean from making application to getting letter. Thanks and congratulations again.
ddiva it took exactly 3 months . i applied on 11 april got refused on 13th july refusal recieved 18 july.
mind it i did my delayed biometrics on the 4th of july. i wasnt expecting them to even open the applicqtion as i was due for ilr on 19 but they refused on 13th . so within a week i got refused of giving biometrics. so i lost 1622 for two applicant but got ihs refund straight away.
Hi
First of all many many congratulations. Sir Can you please tell something more about the date of FLRO apply + when payment debit + acknowledgement letter date + when you recieved Bio matric + delay in Bio please. its really helpful for me now.
thanks.
Regards

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:04 pm

ddiva wrote:Thanks Zidane for getting back. All ur worries are now over. What do you plan to apply for dependant or did they qualifly for long residence as well.

bro i am still thinking what to do i dont have 18600 payslips for 6 months but will have for only 2 months , so i might go for flr fp for her .. not sure

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:07 pm

[/quote]

Hi
First of all many many congratulations. Sir Can you please tell something more about the date of FLRO apply + when payment debit + acknowledgement letter date + when you recieved Bio matric + delay in Bio please. its really helpful for me now.
thanks.
Regards[/quote]

thankyou sir,

applied 11th april
payment deducted 18th april (cheque)
acknowledgement letter reieced 6 may (dated 5th may)
bio first 18th may
bio second 13 june (another 15 days ) said i dint recieve
4th july bio given
13 july refused (recieved 18th july)

arshed
Newly Registered

Post by arshed » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:15 am

Hi Zidane

Many many congrats for your Ilr , brother , i will appreciate if you can write your email address here .

Thanks in advance .

naviad13
Newly Registered

Post by naviad13 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:17 am

Hi all respected members

Please help me regarding my situation. my 10 years will be completed on 28th of Aug 2016

I applied tier 2 general in june 2015 and it refused in Aug 2015

After that to complete my ten years I applied FLR(o) with in 28 days of refusal. I delayed by biometrics and applied SET(lr) application in January 2016( applied 7th months early) I delayed my biometrics of set(lr) application to complete my ten years. then I applied again FLR(fp) on 23rd June to complete my 10 years, after variation of 2nd time my application fee deducted on 29th June 2016. Yet I did not receive any ack letter and biometric letter

What is the chances that my application will vary 2nd time

If it's varied now then can I vary it again to set(lr) application on 28th Aug when my 10 years will completed.

Is there any rule that I can vary more than one time.
Please help me and give me ur useful views about my situation
Thanks in advance

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:24 pm

zidane wrote:
Hi
thanks.
Regards[/quote]

thankyou sir,

applied 11th april
payment deducted 18th april (cheque)
acknowledgement letter reieced 6 may (dated 5th may)
bio first 18th may
bio second 13 june (another 15 days ) said i dint recieve
4th july bio given
13 july refused (recieved 18th july)[/quote]

Hey Zidane,

I sent u pm when u will have time can u plz reply.

Regards