ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bilateral Visa Mobility Zones for NZ, AUS, UK and CAN

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Bilateral Visa Mobility Zones for NZ, AUS, UK and CAN

Post by Saladin0011 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 pm

Any ideas or opinions about this option after "Brexit"?
What do you think? Is any chance that this will happen in near future or it is only wish which will never come though.
ps. I am not sure where to put this topic or if it already is somewhere around so I want ask Admin to forgive me if is something wrong.

Wehi
Newly Registered

Re: Bilateral Visa Mobility Zones for NZ, AUS, UK and CAN

Post by Wehi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:34 pm

I think its very unlikely.

The Brexit vote was largely about immigration & the damage (or perceived damage) its done to the value of low skilled labour. With that in mind selling the electorate on free movement to the old dominions is going to be a non starter.

I expect if anything NZ, Aus & Canada will tighten their immigration policies further to try and avoid the kind of kicking the political elites just got here in Britain. One could argue the recent Aussie election result was in a similar vein and the governor of the RBNZ is already directly blaming immigration for the housing crisis in Auckland.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 am

Wehi wrote:I think its very unlikely.

The Brexit vote was largely about immigration & the damage (or perceived damage) its done to the value of low skilled labour.
For the immigration side of Brexit, it was more to do with controlling the numbers of the low skilled migrants, the same as the high skilled migrants already are and making sure they only get the migrants who will work hard instead of the ones who have moved for what they can take from the country. As well as stopping some bizare European Court rulings over the years, that force the UK to take those migrants that the country doesn't want/need/who are burden to the UK.

The UK already has theTier 5 two year work visa for the 18 - 30s for these countires mentioned in the title.

For the skilled migrants, there are the skilled visas they can apply for.

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:52 pm

I am a bit over 30 and I am not sure if my skill is needed :( so I was hoping that this option (bilateral) will come true. We will see anyway ;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:10 pm

I don't believe it will, particularly given how tough it is to get into Australia. They like to cherry pick who they allow in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.