ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of Language - Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kollkills
Newly Registered

Knowledge of Language - Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by kollkills » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:48 am

Hi Guys !!

Need a big time favour !!

I have my ILR appointment this month end and i thought i had covered everything but then stumbled upon the NARIC certificate. I have gone through the FAQs for ILR and even then i am not satisfied.

Kindly request you to provide the below clarification on Knowledge of Language evidence.

My First Entry to UK granted on August 2011 and for that, evidence for Knowledge of Language submitted was Original Degree certificate and Naric certificate. Visa Granted successfully.

Tier 2 General Extension granted on August 2014 and for that NO evidence was provided for Knowledge of Language as it was successfully met in the previous application. Visa Granted successfully.

So my question is even for the ILR application, there is NO need for any evidence for Knowledge of Language??

Also as per the document "Knowledge of language and life in the UK -V19.0 published for Home Office staff on 20 June 2016"

Page 34 the below is stated.

"Before 6 April 2016, a PBS online points calculator printout, showing 10 points has been awarded for English language could be submitted, together with the original degree certificate, to satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.

The points based calculator was turned off on 6 April 2016. An official statement from UK NARIC must be obtained before applying. Further information is provided on http://www.naric.org.uk/visasandnationality.

If we have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, and leave was granted, we will not need additional confirmation from NARIC. If the qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, or the previous application was refused, the applicant must obtain confirmation from NARIC that it meets the relevant criteria"

Based on the above official UKBA document, since my earlier leave was granted there is no need to submit any evidence for Knowledge of Language while applying for ILR ?

Kindly request you to clarify this ??

Pls request you to let me know as my ILR date is impending and thanks in advance for your clarification.

kollkills
Newly Registered

Re: Knowledge of Language - Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by kollkills » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:25 am

Hi All.

Any Help or Suggestions pls!!

Is my thinking right?? Did anyone recently apply for ILR from tier 2 General in the past 2 months ??

Any pointers or guidance pls !!

arunsk

Post by arunsk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:41 am

I will share my experience but I was on T1.
I applied for ILR in April (after 6th) and provided original degree certificate, pbs printout as per KOLL guidance doc on that date, clearly it is updated now but as it says, since you are going to use the same qualification, I think you are ok without NARIC letter. You could perhaps quote the same in your cover letter and provide original degree certificate. I know this doesn't really help you, just sharing my thoughts.

kollkills
Newly Registered

Post by kollkills » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. I have managed to contact UKBA and apparently the Case worker will be looking for a NARIC - English Language Assessment and Statement of Comparability it seems. It sounds really strange as i have obviously been granted the Visa first time and also the extension!!
So in my case i have to apply again for the NARIC letter.

Ameiamei
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Ameiamei » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi kollkills,

I am in the same situation as you.

Based on NARIC online application, they required proof of medium of instruction.
What did you provide for this?

Thanks,
Amy.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Ameiamei wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi kollkills,

I am in the same situation as you.

Based on NARIC online application, they required proof of medium of instruction.
What did you provide for this?

Thanks,
Amy.
This topic is more than a year old and the user has not logged into the forum since June 2016. Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.