ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hellothere19

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by hellothere19 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:14 am

great news to hear march/april applicants are receiving the PR
I hope to get mine soon, the stress of waiting is killing me.
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:55 pm

HI elwael,

I quoted sol2016 post. My intention was to get answer for my question. My apologies for the confusion. I want apply for citizenship as soon I will receive PR.
Regards

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm

no worries avaa78

then we shall wait for sol2016 reply...

waterforelephants14
Newly Registered

Post by waterforelephants14 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:17 pm

waterforelephants14 wrote:Hi all,

We have received our passports back! Finally! We can now travel on the 20th July as hoped. Still awaiting PR though...

Timeline is:
Application for PR (non-EEA applicant) sent: 23.01.16
Received by HO: 26.01.16
Biometrics letter received: 12.02.16
Biometrics given: 13.02.16
COA letter with right to work received: 02.03.16
Passports requested back: 25.06.16
'Documents not received' form submitted: 08.07.16, 09.07.16, 11.07.16, 12.07.16, 13.07.16 (basically one a day - not sure whether to any avail but thought it was worth a try - we were getting desperate!)
Called HO phoneline twice over last two weeks - very unhelpful but an email provided to us second time we called: liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Email sent to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk AND complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk: 14.07.16
Passports arrived back: 15.07.16 (letter dated 13.07.16)
PR: ???

My question now is, we are travelling to Spain on 20.07.16, returning ten days later. Will we have trouble re-entering the UK? My (non-EEA national) RC in my passport expired on 05.07.16...

Thanks!
UPDATE:
Letter confirming Permanent Residence and all documents returned: 18.07.16 (letter dated 14.07.16)

Now just waiting for the actual PR card to arrive.

So for those of you (non-EEA applicants) who applied mid-Jan, you should hopefully receive your PR anytime now - we submitted our application on the 23.01 and the letter confirming PR arrived on 16.07 - so just under 6 months!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for everyone's help!

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 am

waterforelephants14 wrote:
waterforelephants14 wrote:Hi all,

We have received our passports back! Finally! We can now travel on the 20th July as hoped. Still awaiting PR though...

Timeline is:
Application for PR (non-EEA applicant) sent: 23.01.16
Received by HO: 26.01.16
Biometrics letter received: 12.02.16
Biometrics given: 13.02.16
COA letter with right to work received: 02.03.16
Passports requested back: 25.06.16
'Documents not received' form submitted: 08.07.16, 09.07.16, 11.07.16, 12.07.16, 13.07.16 (basically one a day - not sure whether to any avail but thought it was worth a try - we were getting desperate!)
Called HO phoneline twice over last two weeks - very unhelpful but an email provided to us second time we called: liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Email sent to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk AND complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk: 14.07.16
Passports arrived back: 15.07.16 (letter dated 13.07.16)
PR: ???

My question now is, we are travelling to Spain on 20.07.16, returning ten days later. Will we have trouble re-entering the UK? My (non-EEA national) RC in my passport expired on 05.07.16...

Thanks!
UPDATE:
Letter confirming Permanent Residence and all documents returned: 18.07.16 (letter dated 14.07.16)

Now just waiting for the actual PR card to arrive.

So for those of you (non-EEA applicants) who applied mid-Jan, you should hopefully receive your PR anytime now - we submitted our application on the 23.01 and the letter confirming PR arrived on 16.07 - so just under 6 months!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for everyone's help!

Congratulations!!
I applied on 30.01.16 so hopefully will receive my PR soon as we need to travel too in mid August.
Do you think the fact that you requested your passports back sped up the application process for you since they sent you the PR almost straight after they sent the docs? Thanks!

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 am

nadlap wrote:Hi everyone,

Our timeline is (EEA and non-EEA applicants):

Application for PR sent: 31.01.16
Received by HO: 01.02.16
Biometrics letter dated: 08.03.16 (it was their 2nd attempt, we didn't receive their 1st letter)
Biometrics given: 14.03.16
COA letter dated: 17.03.16
PR: still waiting (it's been 5.5 months since HO received our application)

We need to travel on 18.08.16 to the country I don't need a visa for and we were also wondering if we request my passport back, will I have any problems returning back to the UK with just my passport and COA since my RC expired in the end of May? Also has anyone requested back and received their marriage certificate (maybe useful when returning back to the UK without PR)?

Has anyone who applied in January-February 2016 as non-EEA received their PR yet?

Thanks a lot! And good luck to everyone!
Hi all, I am still waiting for my PR (it's been almost 5 months and 3 weeks). But wanted to ask a couple of questions:

- Do you think if I receive my passport back it will speed up the decision process (since they actually open your application to send your passports back and they can start acting when they see it's almost overdue... otherwise it is just lying on a side without anyone touching it, so isn't it a kind of a reminder for them that they actually need to start looking into it?)
- Does HO always send a letter confirming permanent residence before sending the actual card? And how long does it take to receive the card in case you receive a letter first?
- We have recently called HO and they told us we should count 6 months from the date the payment was received. Have you heard of it before? I thought it's from the date they receive your application? Maybe it was someone not very competent. It doesn't make a big difference but still would be nice to know your opinion.

Thanks a lot!

muksha
Newly Registered

Post by muksha » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 am

Hi everyone! I'm getting slightly worried that although I sent my application over three weeks ago (end of June), the application fee has not yet been taken from my account and I've heard nothing from the home office. Is there any way that I can check on the progress of my application if nothing happens next week? (I will have hit the one month mark).

I'm an EU citizen and I've lived in the UK for 15+ years. My application was pretty straight forward. I sent it by special delivery so I know they definitely received it the day after I posted it. Looking at most people's timelines it seems that money is taken out from people's accounts a few days after the application is received.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 am

muksha wrote:Hi everyone! I'm getting slightly worried that although I sent my application over three weeks ago (end of June), the application fee has not yet been taken from my account and I've heard nothing from the home office. Is there any way that I can check on the progress of my application if nothing happens next week? (I will have hit the one month mark).

I'm an EU citizen and I've lived in the UK for 15+ years. My application was pretty straight forward. I sent it by special delivery so I know they definitely received it the day after I posted it. Looking at most people's timelines it seems that money is taken out from people's accounts a few days after the application is received.
What payment method did you use? All card payments they seem to take within the week, but I have seen where someone put a slightly wrong card down they did get contacted by Home Office and given a chance to correct the details without the form being returned. If it was paid by cheque it could take longer as they have to physically make a trip to the bank and I think they do that irregularly.

Worst case scenario if they can not take the payment they should contact you. I assume you have the proof of delivery so you know it arrived?
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 am

Hi all, is any body here who apply in Jan / feb any and get their reply from HO ? Thanx
James

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:27 am

Bumble wrote:
muksha wrote:Hi everyone! I'm getting slightly worried that although I sent my application over three weeks ago (end of June), the application fee has not yet been taken from my account and I've heard nothing from the home office. Is there any way that I can check on the progress of my application if nothing happens next week? (I will have hit the one month mark).

What payment method did you use? All card payments they seem to take within the week, but I have seen where someone put a slightly wrong card down they did get contacted by Home Office and given a chance to correct the details without the form being returned. If it was paid by cheque it could take longer as they have to physically make a trip to the bank and I think they do that irregularly.

Worst case scenario if they can not take the payment they should contact you. I assume you have the proof of delivery so you know it arrived?
Yes bumble, you are wight (muksha) should re check his payment card details. Thanx
James

Mirza666
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza666 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:04 am

Dear muksha let me share with my experience with home office regarding application fee I sent application for pr on 10 March 2016 fee was charged 10 April 2016 1 month later I did call home office on 3rd week on my application they told me 8 weeks is the standard time process then we take application details and log the complain with case worker I hope it will help you .

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:23 am

Any body waiting January or February for PR application result?
Thanks

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:04 pm

blackhorse2016 wrote:Any body waiting January or February for PR application result?
Thanks
Yes I am waiting. I applied as a non-EEA with my EEA husband on 31.01.16. You can see my post just below.

Shells
Newly Registered

Post by Shells » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi All, I've applied for a EEA(PR) Biometric Residency Permit after job redundancy (June) and learning I'm not legally employable until I have a BRP card - MAJOR wakeup call after living/working in the UK for 30 years on a New Zealand ancestral visa. When I receive the Confirmation of Application letter, employment agencies have given assurance they can start placing me for temp/perm positions. I am very worried regarding length of time the process takes as my 'garden leave' ends 4th October but want perm work asap. I am quietly confident the form filling and accompanying original docs plus copies are all in order. The timing for me (and others) could not be worse with Brexit etc. Any advice appreciated.

Timeline for BRP card (non-EEA citizen) application:

Application sent (special delivery): 4.7.16
HO received & signed: 5.7.16
Application fee taken: 9.7.16
Confirmation email received: tbc
COA Letter: tbc
BRP Card received: tbc

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi nadlap, thanks for your reply we are in same boat. I hope we will receive good news. Any way I will keep update as soon I get any news. Thanks
James

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 pm

blackhorse2016 wrote:Hi nadlap, thanks for your reply we are in same boat. I hope we will receive good news. Any way I will keep update as soon I get any news. Thanks
James
Hi James, no worries, when did you apply? I will provide an update too as soon as I receive smth.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:11 pm

nadlap wrote:
blackhorse2016 wrote:Any body waiting January or February for PR application result?
Thanks

Yes I am waiting. I applied as a non-EEA with my EEA husband on 31.01.16. You can see my post just below.[/quote
We also ( EU + non EU) applied on 29th of January, first due to Home Office mistake I lost a very good job which I had for the last 8 years. Now I started looking for a job and got a chance of getting even better, but again not sure what home office is doing as there are less than 2 week left in my COA.
Tired of waiting.......

alernatives
Newly Registered

Post by alernatives » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi all,
Same here (EEA + non-EEA applications) applied 23/02/2016 (see my timeline above)
and still waiting.
Will keep you updated.

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:30 am

nadlap wrote:
blackhorse2016 wrote:Hi nadlap, thanks for your reply we are in same boat. I hope we will receive good news. Any way I will keep update as soon I get any news. Thanks
James
Hi James, no worries, when did you apply? I will provide an update too as soon as I receive smth.
Good morning to all, nadlap actually my wife (Non EEA) apply in 29 January. Both of us
1. Was in fully capacity with employment + self employed (both).
2. Paid all taxes + NI ( all tex record up to date).
3. Didn't claim any benefit.
4. No creminal record / traffic offience.
5. No bank crupcy.
6. Only 2 time travel in last 5 years and each trip was no more then a week.
All requirements fully fill up along with a bundle of supporting documents, weight was no less then 20kg roughly.

But still waiting patiently, Guys plz keep update your time line for Jan / feb application. Thanks

James

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:11 am

Morning,
Any Eea who applied on March and April for PR applications Still waiting for the decision?
Thanks

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:17 am

Tony2015 wrote:Morning,
Any Eea who applied on March and April for PR applications Still waiting for the decision?
Thanks
I'm still waiting - though I did receive a further request from them on Friday, so I know they are at dealing with it.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:58 am

Bumble wrote:
Thanks
I'm still waiting - though I did receive a further request from them on Friday, so I know they are at dealing with it.

I hope we have good news soon :) My timetable is like the same as yours .

menie13

Post by menie13 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks

same boat, waiting for it too!! Applied on the 18th April.

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:25 am

Hi guys,
I have been on a business trip; got home last night and had my DCPR waiting for me. Issued on July 1st, however delivered on Mon July 18th.
EEA (non A8) "crystal clear" case (same employment, same address, etc. in the qualifying period): 91/92 days if counting from sending application to DCPR issue date, 109/110 days total if counting up to Monday.
I never requested the passport/documents back.
Good luck to everybody!
Treski

Sent: 01/04/2016
Received: 04/04/2016
Payment taken: 11/04/2016 (Debit Card)
Confirmation email: 03/05/2016
Passport requested back: n/a
Passport received: n/a
DCPR date: 01/07/2016
DCPR received: 18/07/2016
Last edited by treski on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

hellothere19

Post by hellothere19 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks
Still waiting!
I applied approx 10 days after you

Wonder if there are other members who gave another delivery address? I gave my workplace as I am about to move and don't want to have any mail problems
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British