ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Wife Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

businessmanuk
Mood:

Dependent Wife Visa

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:00 am

Is there any time limit for dependent to arrive in the UK after initial visa grant under Tier 1 Entrepreneur?

vinny

Re: Dependent Wife Visa

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:15 am

They are expected to arrive within 30 days of the visa's effective date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Commando
Pakistan

Post by Commando » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 am

Now a days dependent gets only 30 days visa on their passport and they need to travel in UK and then they collect their full BRP from a choosen post office branch with in 30 days of getting their visa.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 am

Didn't know about that - thanks for your help

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Commando wrote:Now a days dependent gets only 30 days visa on their passport and they need to travel in UK and then they collect their full BRP from a choosen post office branch with in 30 days of getting their visa.
It sounds more like a visitor marriage visa to me for 30 days rather than a spouse visa to join the tier 1 partner?

This is what it says on the gov website for uk visit visas for below categories

- Standard Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- 1 month Permitted Paid Engagements visa

I was aware that wife normally get the duration of the time husband has left on his leave, is that still valid?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Commando wrote:Now a days dependent gets only 30 days visa on their passport and they need to travel in UK and then they collect their full BRP from a choosen post office branch with in 30 days of getting their visa.
It sounds more like a visitor marriage visa to me for 30 days rather than a spouse visa to join the tier 1 partner?

This is what it says on the gov website for uk visit visas for below categories

- Standard Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- 1 month Permitted Paid Engagements visa

I was aware that wife normally get the duration of the time husband has left on his leave, is that still valid?
No, the information is correct. Holders of a spouse or dependent visa are now given a 30 day window in which to enter the UK and collect their BRP within 10 days of arrival. The BRP will be issued for the full visa term.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.