ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document not returned - what options do I have now?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salmintin

Document not returned - what options do I have now?

Post by salmintin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 am

Hello

I applied for a DCPR as per signature and I requested back a document over 3 months ago, but I still haven't received it.

I requested it twice. After 10 working days I used the "No document received" form on their website. I contacted them by email. I called them numerous times. I lodged a complaint. My MP contacted them on my behalf over 2 weeks ago.

Zero, zilch, zip, nada, nothing. Nobody ever contacted me about it. I don't know if they sent it to the wrong address (that document has my old address on it, but I moved from there 3 years ago and I made it very clear where I currently live). I don't know if they lost it. I don't know if they have a genuine reason for not returning it.

What options do I have now? Tomorrow I will send a letter to the property I previously lived in, but there is no guarantee that it was sent there. And if it was, there's no guarantee that the tenants kept it. In fact, most likely the tenants moved away a few weeks ago, since it's a student area. :x

agnetha007

Re: Document not returned - what options do I have now?

Post by agnetha007 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:05 pm

I think there are quite a few of us who wait for the documents to be returned. I do not think there is much we can do about it, unless you have enough free time, money and nerves to fight UKVI. Some ideas:
1. Perhaps write a complaint to UKVI: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
2. If that does not work, contact Ombudsman: http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/
3. The last option is to consider taking legal action. That is, sue them, but it would take forever.
I do not know if there would be enough legal basis to win the case in a court or whether there are any precedents. Good for those of us who have the ID cards. They can be used when changing jobs, when travelling within the EU, etc. However, for those who don't have the ID card, having no passport means that the government is just limiting your basic rights. Well, there must be some reasonable threshold on how long can it go..

dandodex
Spain

Re: Document not returned - what options do I have now?

Post by dandodex » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:59 am

For those without ID cards, is it an option to go to the Embassy to get a new passport instead? No idea how long that'd take. They should be able to produce a "travel document" to cover some imminent travel though.