ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years residence & periods of absence & Subject Access

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MBel
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years residence & periods of absence & Subject Access

Post by MBel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 am

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for ILR based on 10 years on residence in September.

I have been in the UK since September 2006, however I am not sure how many days I have spent away from the country.

I have had 3 passports in this period and I have lost my first one from 2006 to 2011.

I have requested a Subject Access Request (SAR) including "Landing Cards" but when I have received it, I only found details my main visa applications, there was no details on my entries to the UK.

My question is how do I find out dates of my entries to the UK in the 10 year period (was there some missing information on the SAR)?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Meriem

Member of Standing

Re: ILR 10 years residence & periods of absence & Subject Ac

Post by member » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

Did you provide the numbers of all your previous and existing passports when you requested SAR?

MBel
Newly Registered

Post by MBel » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have provided all my passport numbers. I was expecting to get a breakdown of all my entries to the UK during the past 10 years. But so far, I can only see my first landing in the UK and my main visa applications under the SAR.

Is there any way to find out when I have been away? Or shall I write back to the SAR Unit asking for further detail?

Thank you for your advice.

asp

Post by asp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:27 pm

You will need to go through the UK entry stamps in your passport, and try to figure out when you had left using stamps from other countries. Only your initial entry will have been recorded using the landing card, which is why it showed on your SAR.

MBel
Newly Registered

Long Residence (10 years) passport lost

Post by MBel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi,

I have been in the UK since September 2006 on different visa categories (student, then post-study work, then tier 2).

I would like to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence. My issue is that within these 10 years, I have had 3 passports (the first one was from 2006 to 2011 and which I have lost), so I don't have any travel details for this period.

Is it ok to fill in Question D3 only for the past 5 years?

"D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application."

I am not sure how it is possible to list all my periods of absences for the past 10 years.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:21 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Long Residence (10 years) passport lost

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 am

MBel wrote:Is it ok to fill in Question D3 only for the past 5 years?

"D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application."
I doubt that 5 years would be sufficient for a Long residence application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

imi87
Newly Registered

Post by imi87 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 am

well I was facing the same issue and asked for immigration history from my home country. it provided me with all the info about my entry and exit dates. However in my case my only visits were to my home country.