ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by smartofficer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:57 pm

No reply at all.

leo22
Newly Registered

Post by leo22 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello Friends,

I talked to a friend of mine and found that one can hire a solicitor who, is also registered with Home Office, can call home office on their internal numbers and ask for the reasons of delay. This can speed up the process. After hearing this, I called one of the reputed solicitors and found that it was true. Hope this helps someone in reducing unnecessary delays.

Today, 105 days have passed and so I am thinking of doing the same. Please post your suggestions.

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi leo22,

Do you have the contact details for the solicitor??

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Premi_ILR wrote:Hi leo22,

Do you have the contact details for the solicitor??

Thanks
Members are not permitted to post contact or solicitor details on the forum. Any such detail will be deleted and the user issued with a warning.

I am not aware of any solicitor or solicitors, OISC or not, who have the power or authority to sway or speed up HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

Is there any way we can contact UKVI to find out the status of the application or ask them what exactly they are investigating ? Please share if anyone aware of anything. thanks

leo22
Newly Registered

Post by leo22 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Premi_ILR wrote:Is there any way we can contact UKVI to find out the status of the application or ask them what exactly they are investigating ? Please share if anyone aware of anything. thanks
You can write to them. Once when I called on the inquiry number, the guy told me to write to HO asking for the status of the file and how long will it take for the decision to be taken. So you can write to them asking these 2 questions.

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:12 pm

many thanks for your reply.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:17 am

Hi Guys,
I though it would be nice to share good and encouraging (to those in similar situation) news with you lot.

I arrived in the UK 15th May 2006 and i have never over stayed. I have always extended my visa on time.

I was 15 days short of qualifying for the 10 years long residence., so I opted to FLR (O) and I varied to SET (LR) premium service Croydon centre on 16th May 2016.
It was not granted as I do not have my passport (it was with the FLR O team). My case worker made me relax and told me he would contact the team with my passport and he would call me with the next 3 days to tell me if my ILR has been granted ( very staight forward case except for the passport, I haven't left the country in the 10years, always been on PAYE). The case worker call never came. I was worried not for my application cos i know it would be granted, but i was worry as my spouse needs to depend on me ( my spouse has a pending FLR O application too).

I called home office several times but they always but they told me they do not have my case worker's number or email so I just have to wait.

To cut the very long story long. After 2 months and 6 days (67days) This morning, I received a call from Home Office. ILR HAS BEEN GRANTED today 22nd july 2016.

What I did: ::: It might just be a coincidence or maybe what I did helped.
After calling home office and they would give me any detail of my caseworker, I figured out home office staff's email address is firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.... so on the letter my case worker gave me i got his name. So i wrote him email and sent him a letter after a month. And just this Monday 18th July 2016, I sent another email and posted letter to him, to UKVI Croydon and to public enquiry croydon to get an update on my application. And a call came in today. It might be a coincidence and it might have helped. Its worth trying.

Thanks guys and goodluck. Waiting for my document so my spouse can vary application from Flr (O) to FLR (M)

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:37 am

HI sukosukkyboie

Congratulations for the successful case... Would you mind sharing the contents of the email and letter that you sent to the case worker..

Also the letter did you address to the case worker or the PEO/PSC Croydon..

Thanks in advance

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 am

Hi sukosukkyboie,

Congratulations. I was thiking to send a letter / email however on my letter there is no name. The case workwer just signed it and also it's metioned i the letter not to call or making written enquiry :(

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 am

@virat: The content of the letter and email is the same. I just wrote that he should please contact me to give me an update on the status of my application. I included the date of the application, application case number and the reason a decision was not made that very day. I can paste the letter here later.

@premi_ILR: IF the case worker's name isn't there, just write to ukvi croydon(if your peo was at croydon) i also wrote to public enquiry. All same content, same address, just different addressee

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 pm

@sukosukkyboie

Thanks for the info.. Yes that would be great if you can share the letter format here... Would appreciate that

Ta

sukosukkyboie

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Post by sukosukkyboie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:20 pm

virat wrote:@sukosukkyboie

Thanks for the info.. Yes that would be great if you can share the letter format here... Would appreciate that

Ta
Your name&address
UKV&I
Croydon Premium Service Centre
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon
CR9 2BY 18TH July 2016

Good day,

I am writing in regards an application, Case No: 0206

I attended Croydon premium service centre for a SET (LR) application on Monday 16/05/2016. A decision was not made that very day as my current passport was not present as I have a pending FLR (O) application (Case ID:0206 ). My passport was needed to verify if I had travelled outside the UK and to confirm the duration of stay of each trip (although I haven’t left the UK in the last 10 years).

During my appointment, the case worker stated that he would request for my passport from the FLR (O) department and I should expect a call from you in the next 2 days (on Wednesday 18/05/2016) or I give him a call by Friday 20/05/2016. It is over 2 months now, and I still haven’t heard any news since then.

I will be very grateful if you could give me an update on the Premium service application SET (LR), Case No: 0206 I made on 16/05/2016. Please you can contact me on my mobile number 0742, by email 345633@yahoo.com or at my home address

I would be looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks sukosukkyboie ... You are a star 8)

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:00 am

Hi guys.
I write to my MP on friday about my VISA details and sent status update to ukvi. Today just 10 mints before got call from UKVI and got ILR and FLR(m). Hurray. Thank you all of you for supporting and guiding. Thanx to admin and all immigration board members in thi thread for valuable information. :lol: :lol:

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:29 am

Congrats mate!!

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:09 am

@smartofficer : Congratulations smartofficer

That's a great news.. Do you mind sharing the format of the letter you wrote to your MP? Did your MP wrote to UKVI or you yourself sent out a letter to them..

It would be great if you can share the info..

Cheers

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 pm

virat wrote:@smartofficer : Congratulations smartofficer

That's a great news.. Do you mind sharing the format of the letter you wrote to your MP? Did your MP wrote to UKVI or you yourself sent out a letter to them..

It would be great if you can share the info..

Cheers
Dear MP NAME

I hope you are very well and wish all success in life. As my local MP of #####, I am writing to ask for your help. My name is ###### and this is regarding my settlement application and my wife’s FLR (M) application with UKVI.
I and my wife attended UKVI appointment on ## May, 2016 for same day application. After biometric we waited for 5 hours. During this case worker called me and asked for my NI contribution which I gave to them. After 1 hour they called me and my wife and handed over letter which states that “Your application is valid and need further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.” I have attached my letter for your reference.
When I asked to Case Worker how long it will take, they said it take 2- 3 weeks and we will contact you. I contacted many time to UKVI regarding my application, and answer is “Your application is in progress and we will contact you if we need any information and anything in future”.
I am in following situation:-
1. Situation no. 1.####################
2. As my application is in progress, no new employer would like to consider my Job application. And I am unable to attend any interview as all employer demands following to schedule interview,
i. A Proof of identification.
ii. A Proof that I am legally allowed to work in the UK and have enough time left on my work permit to be able to fulfill my job.

Both of these require me to present my passport and BRP, which I don’t have.
3. Situation number 3.
4. Situation number 4 about jobs and contracts
5. While I might be unable to work by delaying application process, I have to pay for me and my family’s living expenses out of my limited savings as I don’t have recourse to public funds. Is it justified that I should put my career and finances at risk?
6. As I am following some of Immigration forums and reading cases, I got to know That Applications made after mine have had their applications decided- while my application still pending, I am worried about my application and about my future and finances.

Details of application as follows:

Main Applicant: name (D.O.B: ##/##/###)
Nationality: ###### .
Case ID: - 0206######.
Application Type: SET (O) Same day Premium Services
(Application fee + £500 Premium fee).

Dependent Name: ###### (D.O.B:##/##/####)
Nationality: ######
Case ID: - 020######.
Application Type: - FLR (M) Same day Premium Services.
(Application fee + £500 Premium fee + £500 NHS fee).

Application Date: ## May, 2016.
Biometric Date: ## May, 2016.

Applied Within UK at Croydon Lunar House.

I hope you can find the time to send a letter to UKVI regarding our case.
I would be highly obliged if you take the necessary action as soon as possible.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

try to state As many situation as you can which let him know about you.

Note :- *** I did not receive any reply from MP. So I m not sure that MP has done anything in related to my application. I did Write to HO as well and I did receive confirmation from UKVI that we received your enquiry.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 pm

https://www.writetothem.com/about-qa#noreply

What should I do if my MP (or other representative) doesn’t reply?
(includes the following):
See your MP or other representative in person, raise your issue with them at their local surgery. Call your MP’s local constituency office or your representative’s party office to arrange this. You can find the number in your local phone book, or on your MP’s website.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ITEXPERT

Post by ITEXPERT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 pm

smartofficer wrote:Hi guys.
I write to my MP on friday about my VISA details and sent status update to ukvi. Today just 10 mints before got call from UKVI and got ILR and FLR(m). Hurray. Thank you all of you for supporting and guiding. Thanx to admin and all immigration board members in thi thread for valuable information. :lol: :lol:
Smartofficer glad to hear that n all the best. Thanks for sharing your experience

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:36 am

ITEXPERT wrote:
smartofficer wrote:Hi guys.
Smartofficer glad to hear that n all the best. Thanks for sharing your experience
Hi ITEXPERT Any news about your application.

leo22
Newly Registered

Post by leo22 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Congratulations Smartofficer. Hope to hear such good news from other members soon.

rahul19it
Newly Registered

Post by rahul19it » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:10 pm

To Smart office

congrats ! in my case..i went to croydon peo on June 1st..appointment at 10.30...but system was not working so they took case around 3pm only...around 5pm i have been given a letter claiming that they are keeping my application for further checks :-( almost 60days no result yet...no tax amendments...all are up to date..can u pls share the format which u wrote to mp ? also did u send the same to ho ? i much appreciate ur support

ITEXPERT

Post by ITEXPERT » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Smartofficer no update remember you were 30 days senior so I think have to wait for 30 days more lol

jan39

Post by jan39 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:37 pm

kirankhalil75 wrote:HI smartofficer

I just want to let you know the there are so many refusal coming because the reason is late self assessment or amendments in Tax Returns.

i have seen many refusal because Home Office have HMRC data till Jan 2015 .
if you done your self assessment in 2016, they you are lucky they hold your file further checks, as i have seen some of the caseworker refused application straightaway. HOME OFFICE do refuse your application and say that you are dishonest and they saying why you didn't file SA the same year.

i have same situation, i have overpaid tax to HMRC but problem is i apply for UTR in Jan 2016 and file Self Assessments in March 2016. only Late submission , not tax amendments.
You kept saying HO has data till Jan 2015. I don't understand why they cannot access data after Jan 2015 where they have full access to your record now so why not after Jan 2015?
It means the tax returns submitted in Jan 2016 will not be covered by HO?
I was thinking to amend my return I submitted in Jan 2016 to pay more tax, but if they have no access then this amendment at this time won't help me at all?
Thank you