ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone had documents back by 2nd Class Delivery UK Citizensh

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hoping111

Anyone had documents back by 2nd Class Delivery UK Citizensh

Post by hoping111 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello all

My wife applied for her UK Citizenship but forgot to enclose a Pre-Paid Envelope and obviously they just send the documents back by 2nd Class post. Has anyone else had their documents returned to them by 2nd class post without any problems?

We were thinking of sending them a pre-paid envelope and ask them to link it up to her account, even though she has already send in the form AN/Documents. Has anyone done this after they have submitted their application and they have used UKVI has used the pre-paid envelope?

Does invitation letter come in same envelope as all other documents also? Does anyone know?

Does UKVI let you know once the documents have been sent back to you? ie via text/email etc?

How long is it before they send the documents back normally?

Thanks all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone had documents back by 2nd Class Delivery UK Citiz

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:15 am

Has anyone else had their documents returned to them by 2nd class post without any problems?
Yes, many people, myself included.
Does invitation letter come in same envelope as all other documents also? Does anyone know?
No, the approval letter and invitation letter come separately from your documents.
Does UKVI let you know once the documents have been sent back to you? ie via text/email etc?
No
How long is it before they send the documents back normally?
Shortly before or after the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 am

CR001 thank you! So CR001 you did not enclosed a stamped addressed envelope when you sent in your Form AN and your documents ie Passport etc. And you did not use the Nationality checking service? and your passport/documents all came back to you without any problems in an envelope through your letter box in a normal 2nd class post which was not signed for or tracked?

Just I was worried as I sent in my passport etc with the form AN and did not use Nationality checking service and did not enclose a stamped addressed envelope and the UKVI website said they will send me back my documents ie passport etc by 2nd class delivery which I dont think is tracked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 am

I used NCS so kept hold of all my originals. I was asked to send some documents after I applied and received them back without any problems.

If you want you can send a prepaid envelope but there is no guarantee it will be matched up with the application or used.

On the forum, we always recommend NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:29 am

Even after enclosing a prepaid envelope with the application does not guarantee its use.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:22 pm

HO send my documents back by 2nd class back in 2013, no problems at all. Everything was fine.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:02 pm

boloney wrote:HO send my documents back by 2nd class back in 2013, no problems at all. Everything was fine.
boloney, SO You posed in your Form AN with your documents ie passport etc...and you did not enclose a stamped self addressed envelope and you did not use the checking service and the HO posted your documents back in the normal post and not signed for and they came in an envelope through your letter box?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Takeaway: use NCS.

If you don't make provision for return of docs its very clear HO uses 2nd class post to return them. Not sure what else there is to be said.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.