ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H/O request for Passport even though expired one with them??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LondonGuy16
Newly Registered

H/O request for Passport even though expired one with them??

Post by LondonGuy16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 pm

I have been in UK for almost 18 years, yep, 18 long years and still battling with the Home Office.
Had a medical visa in 1998 for 6 months, changed it to a student one for 3.5 years and have overstayed for almost 14 years.
I don't mind sharing my entire immigration history but at this moment i need URGENT advice from gurus from the board about the reason why Home Office would request a passport from me.

I withdrew my FLR (O) appeal before given a court date and submitted a new FLR (FP) form in March 2016 based on the 10 year route and the only thing left out was my passport.This is because home office has always held unto my passport (expired with them by now).
I am legally married in the UK with a 6 month old daughter. My partner and I both live in our mortgaged home and have the full support and pictures from both sides of the family. We have lived together for 4 years now, my wife and daughter both have British passports, I'm Nigerian. We have joint bills and we both have £20k + jobs. I quit my job shortly before making my application to give us better chances of being accepted.

We have just received a letter dated 14/06/16, received 16/06/16 from the Home Office informing us that my application is invalid because i didn't submit a valid passport, travel document or national identity card. The letter states that i should send one of these documents within 10 working days of the letter (means 28/06/16). The letter also states that i can forward a written confirmation of applying for the document or a refusal letter from my embassy or high commission instead.

My lawyer said its best to try and get the required document (preferably a new passport) rather than questioning why the Home Office want these docs especially since they already have the expired passport. He has also hinted that all Leave to Remain is made on the Bio-metric cards nowadays rather than on a passport.

The biggest challenge i have now is that the earliest i can get the confirmation FAST TRACK is on my appointment booked for 28/06/16. The Nigerian High Commission said it normally takes two months to get a date but called me to confirm a cancellation has helped boost my appointment date forward. The passport is normally issued 7 working days afterwards.

- Should i just send the confirmation of passport application once given on the 28th ?
- Would it be any problem if the Home Office received it on the 29th? which is a day after the deadline.
- Should i send it by special delivery or normal post ?, especially since it will show that it was posted on the deadline day?
- Has anyone scaled through this stage?, my wife is convinced that i'm about to be given a positive answer , otherwise i would have had other things requested or case thrown out.

Any knowledgeable advice and TIMELINES would be appreciated..

LondonGuy16
Newly Registered

What's THE BEST WAY to switch from 10yr to 5yr route? please

Post by LondonGuy16 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am

Hi all. I have been an over stayer for over a decade but expect to be granted based on my flr(fp) parent 10 yr route soon.
I'm pleased that other forum members have said that its possible to switch to FLR(M) if all criteria is met but i still need clarification on the best route for me and how the process works.

My wife couldn't meet the financial requirement but now she's found a better paying job last month , £26k per year. We have been living together in the UK for almost 4 years together, we have a 6 month old daughter born in the UK and have joint documents and joint family pictures to show we live together.

We are fortunate to be able to marry in the UK. I was lucky not to be at home when the enforcement team broke our door a week after giving notice of intention to marry and we are convinced that two "suspicious" men at the registry a week later were also from the team.

I read on the forum that solicitors are useful for complex cases and not needed for extensions. My wife & I plan to do the same day service rather than post when the time comes.

- Should i switch to FLR (m) or FLR (fp) 5 year route? I think i qualify for both?
- Do i have to wait for 6 months worth of payslip? or is my wife's contract of employment suitable? Can i apply immediately (first possible same day appointment date)?
- Would i need to pay for BRP and / or NHS again? since its a fresh application or will it roll over?
- Will i need to re-submit the same docs returned back to me? i.e.,Passport, Marriage Cert, Evidence of Co-hab, Photos etc when we go to the centre?

Member of Standing

Re: What's THE BEST WAY to switch from 10yr to 5yr route? pl

Post by member » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 am

What proof of ID did you provided when you got married?

What is your child's nationality?

LondonGuy16
Newly Registered

Post by LondonGuy16 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 pm

What proof of ID did you provided when you got married?

Uk driving licence for photo, council tax & utility bills for address

What is your child's nationality?

British, born to british mum in britain

LondonGuy16
Newly Registered

Post by LondonGuy16 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Can any of the moderators or gurus help?

- Should i switch to FLR (m) or FLR (fp) 5 year route? If think i qualify for both?
- Do i have to wait for 6 months worth of payslip? or is my wife's contract of employment suitable? Can i apply immediately (first possible same day appointment date)?
- Would i need to pay for BRP and / or NHS again? since its a fresh application or will it roll over?
- Will i need to re-submit the same docs returned back to me? i.e.,Passport, Marriage Cert, Evidence of Co-hab, Photos etc when we go to the centre?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm

- Should i switch to FLR (m) or FLR (fp) 5 year route? If think i qualify for both?
Your choice. Not sure if FLR(FP) 5 years parent will be possible if you live in the household with the child.
You have to submit 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statement for FLR(M). If you do not, it will likely be refused.
Yes, you have to pay for each application you make.
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.