ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nadlap
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by nadlap » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:20 am

nadlap wrote:
nadlap wrote:Hi everyone,

Our timeline is (EEA and non-EEA applicants):

Application for PR sent: 31.01.16
Received by HO: 01.02.16
Biometrics letter dated: 08.03.16 (it was their 2nd attempt, we didn't receive their 1st letter)
Biometrics given: 14.03.16
COA letter dated: 17.03.16
PR: still waiting (it's been 5.5 months since HO received our application)

We need to travel on 18.08.16 to the country I don't need a visa for and we were also wondering if we request my passport back, will I have any problems returning back to the UK with just my passport and COA since my RC expired in the end of May? Also has anyone requested back and received their marriage certificate (maybe useful when returning back to the UK without PR)?

Has anyone who applied in January-February 2016 as non-EEA received their PR yet?

Thanks a lot! And good luck to everyone!
Hi all, I am still waiting for my PR (it's been almost 5 months and 3 weeks). But wanted to ask a couple of questions:

- Do you think if I receive my passport back it will speed up the decision process (since they actually open your application to send your passports back and they can start acting when they see it's almost overdue... otherwise it is just lying on a side without anyone touching it, so isn't it a kind of a reminder for them that they actually need to start looking into it?)
- Does HO always send a letter confirming permanent residence before sending the actual card? And how long does it take to receive the card in case you receive a letter first?
- We have recently called HO and they told us we should count 6 months from the date the payment was received. Have you heard of it before? I thought it's from the date they receive your application? Maybe it was someone not very competent. It doesn't make a big difference but still would be nice to know your opinion.

Thanks a lot!
Hi guys!

Good news! On 23.07.16 we received all our documents, passport and ID, my husband's DCPR and a letter for me confirming PR (the card should arrive within 10 days) dated 21.07.16. I will keep you updated when I receive my PR card, but hopefully won't be long!

Good luck to everyone!

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:43 am

Congrats ...!!!

menie13

Post by menie13 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 am

Hi

Just received the UK residence documentation blue card : is that the Residency Card??

My name appearing on it is Name - Middle name - Maidenname and surname, is that right ? I though they would have dropped my Maiden name ?

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:36 am

Any body apply for PR in Jan/Feb and waiting for the result?

Thanks
James

magda1988g
Newly Registered

Post by magda1988g » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:38 am

magda1988g wrote:
magda1988g wrote:Hi I am EU resident and my time line is

APPLICATION POSTED 3.06.2016
APPLICATION DELIVERED 6.06.2016
PAYMENT TAKEN 7.06.2016
CONFIRMATION EMAIL 4.07.2016

PASSPORT RETURN REQUEST 13.07.2016

waiting for further progress.

magda1988g
Newly Registered

Post by magda1988g » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 am

confuzzled83 wrote:Hi all
Just came back from holiday and my partner's PR document was waiting for us. Her timeline:

Received: 30/03/2016
Payment taken: 07/04/2016
Confirmation email: 06/05/2016
PR dated: 04/07/2016
PR received: 15/07/2016

EEA national straightforward case just like mine but hers took an additional 3 weeks to process!

Good luck to all those still waiting. Hope it comes soon!!

Nice, hope I'll get mine soon ...I just recived confirmation email so 2 more months hopefully

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 pm

nadlap wrote:
nadlap wrote:
nadlap wrote:Hi everyone,

Our timeline is (EEA and non-EEA applicants):

Application for PR sent: 31.01.16
Received by HO: 01.02.16
Biometrics letter dated: 08.03.16 (it was their 2nd attempt, we didn't receive their 1st letter)
Biometrics given: 14.03.16
COA letter dated: 17.03.16
PR: still waiting (it's been 5.5 months since HO received our application)

We need to travel on 18.08.16 to the country I don't need a visa for and we were also wondering if we request my passport back, will I have any problems returning back to the UK with just my passport and COA since my RC expired in the end of May? Also has anyone requested back and received their marriage certificate (maybe useful when returning back to the UK without PR)?

Has anyone who applied in January-February 2016 as non-EEA received their PR yet?

Thanks a lot! And good luck to everyone!
Hi all, I am still waiting for my PR (it's been almost 5 months and 3 weeks). But wanted to ask a couple of questions:

- Do you think if I receive my passport back it will speed up the decision process (since they actually open your application to send your passports back and they can start acting when they see it's almost overdue... otherwise it is just lying on a side without anyone touching it, so isn't it a kind of a reminder for them that they actually need to start looking into it?)
- Does HO always send a letter confirming permanent residence before sending the actual card? And how long does it take to receive the card in case you receive a letter first?
- We have recently called HO and they told us we should count 6 months from the date the payment was received. Have you heard of it before? I thought it's from the date they receive your application? Maybe it was someone not very competent. It doesn't make a big difference but still would be nice to know your opinion.

Thanks a lot!
Hi guys!

Good news! On 23.07.16 we received all our documents, passport and ID, my husband's DCPR and a letter for me confirming PR (the card should arrive within 10 days) dated 21.07.16. I will keep you updated when I receive my PR card, but hopefully won't be long!

Good luck to everyone!
Hi all,

A quick update that my PR card has arrived today (dated 21.07.16)! :) Just a day after I received the rest of the documents. So happy!!! Wish you all luck!

nadlap
Newly Registered

Post by nadlap » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:53 pm

blackhorse2016 wrote:Congrats ...!!!

Thank you very much! What about you? Any news?

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:46 am

nadlap wrote:
blackhorse2016 wrote:Congrats ...!!!

Thank you very much! What about you? Any news?
Nothing so far, hope will get a good news very soon.

Thanks

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Just slightly confused here, seems like most refer to themselves as EEA applicant, I refer to myself as EU applicant. Are there really that many applicants from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway (Switzerland and Croatia depending on how you count) or do you refer to yourself as EEA cause that is the form we have all used?

As I understood the form is for EEA applicants and not EU applicants but since Home Office enforced a rule without supplying a correct form we EU applicants have to use this form to.

Curious to know the difference as I wanted to know if there is a time difference between EU and EEA applicants.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:47 pm

EEA includes EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway so most people just refer to themselves as EEA for simplicity's sake. There is no difference in terms of how long your application takes because of this.
Switzerland is neither part of the EU nor the EEA but Swiss citizens can also use the EEA PR form due to the bilateral agreements.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Yes I know we EU applicants are also part of EEA, and that Switzerland and Croatia isn't but for purposes of applications we can all use the form. The technicalities wasn't my query.

My query was if people here are not making a distinction between EU and EEA, which seems to be the case here.

What I was wondering secondly was if there seem to be any time difference in applications between EU citizens and EEA citizens, which is difficult to say when the majority are referring to themselves as EEA regardless of what they actually are.

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi all, any body who apply PR in Jan/feb and waiting for result?

Thanks

muksha
Newly Registered

Post by muksha » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query below. I finally received an email from UKVI this week to say my application had been received and is being processed. I'm very relieved after hearing nothing for over a month! Still no sign that they've taken the money from my account but I'm guessing this should happen within the week.
muksha wrote:Hi everyone! I'm getting slightly worried that although I sent my application over three weeks ago (end of June), the application fee has not yet been taken from my account and I've heard nothing from the home office. Is there any way that I can check on the progress of my application if nothing happens next week? (I will have hit the one month mark).

I'm an EU citizen and I've lived in the UK for 15+ years. My application was pretty straight forward. I sent it by special delivery so I know they definitely received it the day after I posted it. Looking at most people's timelines it seems that money is taken out from people's accounts a few days after the application is received.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Grodan wrote:As I understood the form is for EEA applicants and not EU applicants but since Home Office enforced a rule without supplying a correct form we EU applicants have to use this form to.

Curious to know the difference as I wanted to know if there is a time difference between EU and EEA applicants.
I am EU(14) citizen using the EEA form. So timeline below (unfortunately) relates to EU.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Bumble wrote:
Grodan wrote:As I understood the form is for EEA applicants and not EU applicants but since Home Office enforced a rule without supplying a correct form we EU applicants have to use this form to.

I am EU(14) citizen using the EEA form. So timeline below (unfortunately) relates to EU.
Thanks, would be nice if all were a bit tidier so we can see if there is a timeline pattern or if it is random depending on the case worker.

EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Application sent: 31/05/2016
Documents received: 01/06/2016
Payment taken: 02/06/2016
Confirmation email: 30/06/2016
DCPR dated: waiting
DCPR received: waiting
Total Time: 56 days and counting...I have no patience

frugan
Newly Registered

Post by frugan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:03 am

This is my first post here. Non-EEA spouse application for permanent residency.
Timeline:
Application sent: 15. 02. 2016
Biometrics taken: 25. 02. 2016
CoA received: 15. 03. 2016
Passports requested: 05. 05. 2016
Passports received: 31. 05. 2016 (two online requests and then a letter to our case officer)

Hoping for (good) news soon. Anyone else applied around the same time getting responses?

blackhorse2016

Post by blackhorse2016 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 am

frugan wrote:This is my first post here. Non-EEA spouse application for permanent residency.
Timeline:
Application sent: 15. 02. 2016
Biometrics taken: 25. 02. 2016
CoA received: 15. 03. 2016
Passports requested: 05. 05. 2016
Passports received: 31. 05. 2016 (two online requests and then a letter to our case officer)

Hoping for (good) news soon. Anyone else applied around the same time getting responses?
Good morning,

My wife Non EEA Pr application time time is as following.

Application send 30/01/16.
Ho received 01/02/16.
Payment taken 04/02/16.
Biomatric letter received 22/02/16
Biometric submitted 28/02/16.
COA received ( wight to work ) 09/03/16.

And till now there is nothing from Ho, hope will be a good news soon.

Thanks

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 am

hello guys

Anyone applied in April received PR already? What is average time of waiting for those applications now?
Please update.

many thanks

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:19 am

elwael wrote:hello guys

Anyone applied in April received PR already? What is average time of waiting for those applications now?
Please update.

many thanks
Hi,
See mi timeline below.
Treski

tomaspecha007
Newly Registered

Post by tomaspecha007 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 am

Hi to all.

Anyone knows if it's exist anythink to speed up process for EEA APLICANTS for PR.
I dont mind to pay some extra money.
As i already waiting 28 days with no email confirmation :-( therefore the time without knowlegde is stressful for me and my fiancee anyway we both eu nationals.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:27 am

tomaspecha007 wrote:Hi to all.

Anyone knows if it's exist anythink to speed up process for EEA APLICANTS for PR.
As i already waiting 28 days with no email confirmation :-( therefore the time without knowlegde is stressful for me and my fiancee anyway we both eu nationals.
There is no way to speed it up. One of the few applications that can also not be made in person to retain original documentation.

See my timeline I have never received an email confirmation. There are a few others that have received their DCPR without ever seeing the email confirmation, but it is indeed stressful to hear nothing from them at all.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

hellothere19

Post by hellothere19 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:01 am

tomaspecha007 wrote:Hi to all.

You will need to be patient like all of us I'm afraid. See my timeline below and I expect no answer before mid-late august
Not all applicants receive an email
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 am

I have a sneaky suspicion that applications increased in April/May already and exploded post Brexit so sadly I suspect we all are getting longer waiting times already despite being early in our applications.

Even when you get the confirmation email it is still very stressful, feels like my life is currently on hold. Things I planned to do and can't until all applications are done and approved; Master studies, longer adventure trip abroad which means quitting job to then get a new one on return, both of these I had saved money to do for a very long time.

Tinkerbell91
Newly Registered

Post by Tinkerbell91 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 am

Hi All

This board has been very helpful and I thought I can ask you for your thoughts on a issue.

So, my timeline is as below:

PR Application sent: 26/05/16
PR Application recd: 27/05/16
Payment taken: 07/06/16
Confirmation e-mail received: 30/06/16

So, I am still waiting for my PR, however I know that according to the Government's article that came out on 11.07.2016 ( https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stat ... -in-the-uk ) EU nationals who have lived continuously and lawfully in the UK for at least 5 years automatically have a permanent right to reside. Home Office does no longer issue any cards as per this change - a friend of mine recently got back her documents with a letter stating that she has a PR - no card though).

So, I came to the UK in September 2016 and I will have 6 years stay in this country in September. My question is if I get the letter obtaining the PR, can I apply straight for a passport in/around September or I should still need to wait for 1 year after I receive the PR? :roll:

So far this forum has been very useful!! Thank you all! Please share any thoughts that you have on the above!

Many thanks