ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR travelling to Lithuania

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crl234

ILR travelling to Lithuania

Post by crl234 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi

I am British Citizen and my wife is holding ILR (Indian Passport), my daughter (3 years) is holding Indian passport with right of abode. Please advise whether my wife and daughter can travel to Lithuania without schengen visa or do we need to apply for schengen visa for both?

Thanks
Raj

noajthan

Re: ILR travelling to Lithuania

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 pm

crl234 wrote:Hi

I am British Citizen and my wife is holding ILR (Indian Passport), my daughter (3 years) is holding Indian passport with right of abode. Please advise whether my wife and daughter can travel to Lithuania without schengen visa or do we need to apply for schengen visa for both?

Thanks
Raj
Schengen for both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

crl234

Post by crl234 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks for your reply.

https://uk.mfa.lt/uk/en/travel-and-resi ... ania/visas

Here, it is mentioned that Family members of EU Citizen doesn't need visa. Can you please clarify, if it applies to my wife and daughter (Family members of EU citizen)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 pm

crl234 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Here, it is mentioned that Family members of EU Citizen doesn't need visa. Can you please clarify, if it applies to my wife and daughter (Family members of EU citizen)
As a BC living in UK you are not classed as EEA and your family will not have RCs as family members of EEA national. So that won't fly.

Qwertyy
Newly Registered

Post by Qwertyy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 am

There is a list of what countries cizitens has a right to visit Lithuania as visa waiver holders.
India citizens are not indicated in such list.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:15 pm

crl234 wrote:Here, it is mentioned that Family members of EU Citizen doesn't need visa. Can you please clarify, if it applies to my wife and daughter (Family members of EU citizen)
It is correct that family members of EEA citizens do not require a visa to travel to another EEA country, if they are traveling with the family member or joining them in the EEA country.

But firstly, you will need to carry all the same proof that you would require to get a Schengen visa (proof of relationship, etc) and you would need to convince the immigration officer in the relevant country (in Lithuania in your case) of your right (not theirs) to be accompanied by your family. Given that all Immigration Officers in Lithuania may not be fluent in English (I assume that you do not know Lithuanian), that may be time-consuming and difficult.

Besides, airline staff are not au fait with the rights of non-EEA family members of EEA citizens and there is a chance that they may refuse to allow your family members to board the plane. That may disrupt any travel plans you may have had.

Thus, you are far better off applying for a Schengen visa for your family members in advance. In theory, Schengen visas for non-EEA family members of EEA citizens should be free, but you will have to pay fees for VFS/third-party contractors services.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:35 pm

noajthan wrote:
crl234 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

As a BC living in UK you are not classed as EEA and your family will not have RCs as family members of EEA national. So that won't fly.
The full statement on LT website refers to possession of RCs that your family members are unlikely to have (as you are a BC).
As of 1st July 2012 family member (the spouse, the partner with whom the Union citizen has contracted a registered partnership, or the child) of an EU/EEA/EFTA national, holding "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National", issued by the United Kingdom, and travelling together with or joining the EU/EEA/EFTA national, does not need visa to enter Lithuania

Qwertyy
Newly Registered

Post by Qwertyy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:42 am

Also i found information regarding immigration here http://www.bizbon.com/services-in-lithuania