ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Born In Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Re: Repeated Inquiry about if Baby Born In UK

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:33 am

Waleed01 wrote: I am not permanent residence in UK will this also affect the issue of the baby passport.
Do you mean:

You are not a permanent resident in the UK?

or

You do not have a permanent residence in the UK?

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Re: Baby Born In Uk

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:48 am

Dear

I am leaving in UAE and working here, i don't have permanent resident in UK

however when we come we will rent flat for 4 months for the delivery of my wife

Hope this answer is fine

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 am

vinny wrote:M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:03 am

It's sufficient that when the baby is born:

The father is a British citizen
The baby is born in the UK

Then the baby to be automatically British.

Anything else is irrelevant.

A problem may be getting your wife to the UK for the birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:54 am

Dear

What about the previous history of my qualified to British citizen, is this will be touched and discussed as I born out of UK

I heared that they are looking at the previous generation and how did I got it and how my father and mother got it

and also I heared that if you don't have connection with UK it might affect also the application as well as the child end up when he grow is he coming to UK

connection means that coming and going UK - family - etc

so I thought maybe there are some dark points I am not aware about - so please if can advice about these points

Thank you

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 am

Have you had other nationality besides BC and BOC?

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 am

Never

Currently I have British Citizen

BOC is no more valid as the passport is not renewed since more that 10 years

But is this can be discussed - although I have British citizen by descent and the act law clearly mentioned that if born in UK will be British citizen

Maybe there are some point in the dark I don't know

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:17 am

Will you consider to get your baby delivered in your wife's country of origin if you are worried being in the UK?

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 am

No my dear

but my situation is little worried as we are both working in UAE and things need to be organized, you know annual leave and employer rules

I meant : will they treat my baby application being born in UK on my current states which British citizen by descent, or they will look in the past and looks if baby is entitled or not based on the previous history which I believe its not valid since the day I granted the registration certificate as British Citizen from HM !

If its this way - why the rules are mentioned that baby born in Uk will be automatically be British if one of the parent are British at the time birth

I am confused .. need help please

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:26 am

Waleed01 wrote:will they treat my baby application being born in UK on my current states which British citizen by descent, or they will look in the past and looks if baby is entitled or not based on the previous history which I believe its not valid since the day I granted the registration certificate as British Citizen from HM !

If its this way - why the rules are mentioned that baby born in Uk will be automatically be British if one of the parent are British at the time birth

I am confused .. need help please
I would go by Vinny's advise...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1379960

If you are British (irrespective of whether by descent or otherwise) and your child is born in the UK then the child will be British. Everything else you speak of is irrelevant.

Your key problem which Vinny' has highlighted is how your wife will gain entry to give birth in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 am

Waleed01 wrote:baby born in Uk will be automatically be British if one of the parent are British at the time birth
That's correct.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 am

Thank you for your feedback - you mean they don't touch those points when I will approach them to issue the passport of my baby

what about the address if I am not permanent residence in UK is this an issue ? we will rent flat

regarding my wife entry we issue visitor visa as per the advice from UK visa section HM from, they ask us how many months she need to stay in UK I told them she will need maximum 4 months they said issue visitor visa online as she is entitled for visa online weaver and we got the visa.

https://www.gov.uk/get-electronic-visa-waiver

regarding the cost of hospital - it will be paid by us even in privet hospital if NHS refused to accept us as privet customer ready to pay their cost

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:04 am

Waleed01 wrote:Thank you for your feedback - you mean they don't touch those points when I will approach them to issue the passport of my baby

what about the address if I am not permanent residence in UK is this an issue ? we will rent flat
cs95tdg wrote:If you are British (irrespective of whether by descent or otherwise) and your child is born in the UK then the child will be British. Everything else you speak of is irrelevant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:11 am

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 am

Are you aware that as a visitor, your wife won't have access to the NHS for the birth of your baby? Any NHS treatment, GP consultations, ante-natal, the birth and post-natal will be charged at 150%. Even with a pre-issued visitor visa your wife could risk being refused entry if the IO believes she is entering with the intention to give birth and not as a genuine visitor. You should apply for a medical visitor visa:
If you’re applying to visit for private medical treatment
You must prove that you:
have a medical condition that needs private consultation or treatment in the UK
have made or paid for arrangements for consultations or treatment
have enough money to pay for your treatment, support yourself without using public funds and pay for your return or onward journey
will leave the UK once your treatment is completed, or when your visa expires
are not a danger to public health if you’re suffering from an infectious disease, eg leprosy

See Private Medical Treatment (6 and 11 month visa) in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _CLEAN.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

Dear Casa

When we filled the application online we ticked on the reason of the travel to UK is medical care,

there was other options like tourist leaguer - family visit - attending workshop - medical care

and we mentioned the period required is 3 months

Visa was issued

But even if the NHS we will pay the 150% extra with no issue with us and we are happy to pay, however will they agree and accept ?

if no we will find another privet hospital

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:20 am

You should make arrangements at a hospital as soon as possible. Some apparently require more than 9 months notice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:23 am

You've been incredibly fortunate with the visa. You need to contact the hospital to agree the conditions of care/payment etc. I assume you have a plan for medical care following your arrival in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 am

Thank God

We are ready, but the biggest concern was the points I mentioned with the next action after the delivery regarding the paper work and passport issuance

As you know we are full time employee in UAE and we cant be a way from our job -otherwise we will loss it.

My wife position is very high and we cant stay in UK more than 3.5 months away

We was worried about any surprises request out of the box might cause nightmare

Thank you dear

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Waleed01 wrote:Thank God

We are ready, but the biggest concern was the points I mentioned with the next action after the delivery regarding the paper work and passport issuance

As you know we are full time employee in UAE and we cant be a way from our job -otherwise we will loss it.

My wife position is very high and we cant stay in UK more than 3.5 months away

We was worried about any surprises request out of the box might cause nightmare

Thank you dear
Hi Waleed,
Good Afternoon!

I have been studying your case closely. You are classified as a BOC (British Overseas Citizen).
Your child, even if born in the UK may not be entitled to British citizenship from inception.
I would strongly urge you to get in touch with an Immigration Solicitor (not an agent) in the UK.

You may be able to pass BOC to your child, but it not the same as a full British nationality.
I recommend you see someone (Immigration Solicitor) once you and your wife are in the UK.
Furthermore, I have checked the UAE rules regarding to the child birth and rights of children born abroad to UAE national women and Non-UAE national fathers.

Here's a link that might help.
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/governmen ... ti-mothers

I hope this comes in handy for you'll.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Waleed01 wrote:I hold British passport with British citizens by decent been qualified from British Overseas citizens and got the British Citizen Registration certificate as British Citizen in 2003 under section 4B.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Dear Arun

You mean that the registration certificate i hold along with the British citizen passport is not sufficient to pass the nationality to my baby if born in UK ?

The BOC passport i have is not valid since long years

My registration under section 4b

What are the entitled i have

Sorry but this information shocked me

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:As you have been registered under Section 4B of the BNA 1981, you are a British citizen by descent under Section 14 (1)(d), as you stated.

The child will be a British citizen by birth if the child is born in the UK, but not if she is born abroad.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Dear Aaron

Please advice the points and related experience cases which you has similar to my issue

I thought that my current british citizen passport with british citizen registration certificate from HM is the valid nationality i hold and the previous BOC are no more is active

I hope to hear your feedback soon

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Waleed01 wrote:Dear Aaron

Please advice the points and related experience cases which you has similar to my issue

I thought that my current british citizen passport with british citizen registration certificate from HM is the valid nationality i hold and the previous BOC are no more is active

I hope to hear your feedback soon

Thank you
What are you asking for? Vinny has already answered your question. Is there something you don't understand?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.