ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appoinment on Monday - Queries - Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing

Appoinment on Monday - Queries - Please help

Post by rshelar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi,

I am a British citizen and my partner is applying for spouse visa on Monday. I have few queries which I have summarised below and since I have only few days left I would appreciate if anyone can please help.

I am applying as director of a ltd company under Category F.

1. My partner had earlier visited UK on a tourist visa and we had declared our relationship. I had invited her and in the application expressed our intention to marry. However at that time we said my partner will go back in two weeks but my partner stayed in the UK for 2 months. Visitor Visa was granted for 6 months.

Would this cause any issue in the spouse visa application? Do I need to explain regarding this? Technically I feel we havent broken any rule as the grant was for 6 months.
This is urgent

2. I recently became aware of the need to fill appendix for financial information. Can someone confirm which one i need from the below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a4.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

I think it is the second link but just want to confirm?

3. In the doc mentioned in 2, it says You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your application
Which form is this?

4. In the appendix, these questions are confusing. Can someone please help?

When did your sponsor permanently leave their country of origin?

Does this mean the last visit OR the very first entry clearance to UK?

Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities

My partner is currently unemployed having resigned. Should this be NO then and would it have any negative implication?

Do you intend to work in the UK?

If someone is applying for spouse visa, what should the response be?

Is your sponsor registered as self employed in the UK with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)?

Now I am a director of a ltd company which is different from being self employed I believe. Would this be yes or no?

5. Finally can someone please check if this list of documents is correct - especially someone who is applying under Category F

CT600
CT600 Acknowledgement
Certificate of Incorporation (original)
Share certificate (Original)
Unaudited accounts
Current appointment report (online print) -> Do I need to self attest?
Proof of registration as PAYE (Original)
Payslips and P60
Dividend vouchers
Personal bank statements -> These correspond to company accounting year. Do I need to submit latest as well?
Business bank statements
Insurance premium
Accountant letter
AR01
Passport (self attested copy)
Tenancy agreement
Council tax bill (original)
Electricity bill (original)
Cover letter
Marriage certificate
Appendix

Spouse

NARIC letter
Cover letter
TB certificate
Pictures
Passport

Regards

Casa

Re: Appoinment on Monday - Queries - Please help

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:52 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi,

I am a British citizen and my partner is applying for spouse visa on Monday. I have few queries which I have summarised below and since I have only few days left I would appreciate if anyone can please help.

I am applying as director of a ltd company under Category F.

1. My partner had earlier visited UK on a tourist visa and we had declared our relationship. I had invited her and in the application expressed our intention to marry. However at that time we said my partner will go back in two weeks but my partner stayed in the UK for 2 months. Visitor Visa was granted for 6 months.

Would this cause any issue in the spouse visa application? Do I need to explain regarding this? Technically I feel we havent broken any rule as the grant was for 6 months.
This is urgent It shouldn't affect the spouse visa application.

2. I recently became aware of the need to fill appendix for financial information. Can someone confirm which one i need from the below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a4.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

I think it is the second link but just want to confirm? Yes, second link

3. In the doc mentioned in 2, it says You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your application
Which form is this? The form in your first link above

4. In the appendix, these questions are confusing. Can someone please help?

When did your sponsor permanently leave their country of origin?

Does this mean the last visit OR the very first entry clearance to UK? First entry clearance.

Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities

My partner is currently unemployed having resigned. Should this be NO then and would it have any negative implication? Not important whether the applicant is employed or not.

Do you intend to work in the UK?

If someone is applying for spouse visa, what should the response be? Either yes or no, not important

Is your sponsor registered as self employed in the UK with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)?

Now I am a director of a ltd company which is different from being self employed I believe. Would this be yes or no? No

5. Finally can someone please check if this list of documents is correct - especially someone who is applying under Category F

CT600
CT600 Acknowledgement
Certificate of Incorporation (original)
Share certificate (Original)
Unaudited accounts
Current appointment report (online print)
Proof of registration as PAYE (Original)
Payslips and P60
Dividend vouchers
Personal bank statements -> These correspond to company accounting year. Do I need to submit latest as well?
Business bank statements
Insurance premium
Accountant letter
AR01
Passport (self attested copy)
Tenancy agreement
Council tax bill (original)
Electricity bill (original)
Cover letter
Marriage certificate
Appendix

Spouse

NARIC letter
Cover letter
TB certificate
Pictures
Passport

Regards
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Casa,

Many thanks for a quick response.

Wrt my question 1, I am actually writing an explanation for this in cover letter. I had seen a post on this forum where someones visa was rejected on the basis of deception (trying to find that post).
Just concerned if a case officer might think I used deception having said we need visa for 2 weeks but stayed for 2 months.
Do you think it will be an overkill and I shouldnt explain anythin g on cover letter?

For the self employment query, I have got contradictory response from another friend who is also a director, so confused :?

Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 pm

The 2 month stay would only be applicable if you were applying for another visitor visa. It's not relevant to a spouse visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks Casa.

Thats a relief then :)

Can someone please verify if the checklist is fine and I should add any more docs ?

Regards

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 am

The unaudited accounts require a certificate of confirmation from your accountant ( I'm assuming you already have that )

With regards wage slips and bank statements , as long as the latest ones are within 28 days it is sufficient. If your company tax year ended more than 28 days ago then I would advise you to include additional latest statements.

Also have you got any evidence of ongoing employment - ie letter from employer(s) or client(s) indicating continuing use of your services for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure if it's a requirement but I remember having added that myself when I applied last December.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 am

What made she stayed in the UK for 2 months instead of the intended 2 weeks?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

member wrote:What made she stayed in the UK for 2 months instead of the intended 2 weeks?
This is irrelevant to this application.
(Casa, not CR001)

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Mojohnson,

Thanks, the unaudited accounts have a page at the end by the accountant which confirm that I have appointed them etc etc and followed by a signature. The signature has membership number of the accountant to a UK recognized body although there is no explicit statement. Hope that is sufficient?

My company year end was in end of May. I am not submitting any latest bank statement as I thought the guidance mentioned to provide bank statements to correspond to the period in CT600. If required I will have to courier them urgently. You reckon I should?

I am instead providing copy of my business insurance premium that I have already paid for a year to show continued operation and June invoice. Is that enough?
I dont have a letter from the client but I am providing a latest copy of the contract.

Also, do you remember what did you answer YES/ No in the financial appendix to if you are self employed at the date of the appl and if you are registered as self employed with HMRC?

Thanks Casa once again

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 am

I can't remember for sure but I think I said no as I was not registered self employed at the time of the application.

With regards the business/personal statements and wage slips - I very strongly recommend your latest statement is less than 28 days old from time of application . It is a requirement so I think you should try to send the latest ones too. The latest statements will also give further evidence of ongoing business activity.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks Mo.

From the UKBA guidance

Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing
dividend income from the company. This evidence may include payslips (or dividend
vouchers) and personal bank statements showing that, in the period since the latest 12-
month period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600, the person’s salary as a
director of the company (or dividend income from the company) was paid into an
account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
Alternative evidence may include evidence of ongoing payment of business rates,
business-related insurance premiums or employer National Insurance contributions in
relation to the company.

the problem is I am applying on Monday and the last bank statement I have is 3rd June - 3rd July.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Mojohnson and others

Do you have a template for certificate of confirmation from your accountant that goes along with the unaudited accounts ?

Would be grateful if that can be provided.

Thanks

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Can you contact your bank today and request an up to dat statement? - it should be with you by Saturday into post .

I am not at home at the moment but I will look as soon as I get home for the template .

arunsk

Post by arunsk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm

I would also add Self Assessment return forms to your list.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks mojohnson. You may PM please if you can find it.

I am couriering the bank statements and getting a copy from the bank with a stamp and sign.

I would also add Self Assessment return forms to your list.

I havent done this yet since this is only my first year as a director and SA is due next year. Besides I couldnt find it in the guidance as a requirement.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:52 am

I didn't send self assessment forms as it doesn't really have anything to do with your limited company.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 am

@rshelar

I have sent you a PM. Let me know if you have received it.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:18 am

Mojohnson wrote:@rshelar

I have sent you a PM. Let me know if you have received it.

Hi Mojohnson, thank you very much for sending your letter.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi mojohnson, casa and everyone else.

Thank you for your help, I got the spouse visa today !

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi mojohnson, casa and everyone else.

Thank you for your help, I got the spouse visa today !
Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know. :)
(Casa, not CR001)

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Congratulations!!