ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New job offer, where to begin???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Impact Blue
Newly Registered

New job offer, where to begin???

Post by Impact Blue » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:14 pm

Hey all! I hope this is the right place to post in.
I was just extended a great job offer by a personal client of mine in London. My citizenship is here in the states. I searched a bit on the forum but I couldn't find definitive answers on where to begin in this situation, if you want to actively pursue something like this.

I really really want to make this happen, but I need some advice. I'm a young person, so I honestly don't know where to begin but these searches on the net.

Thank you for any wealth of knowledge you might have.
-M

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:17 pm

Impact Blue

check out this website

www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

Good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

Impact Blue
Newly Registered

Post by Impact Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:35 pm

thanks!!
-M

Impact Blue
Newly Registered

Post by Impact Blue » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:14 am

Now I am really discouraged.... :cry:
My future employer's CO will not sponsor a work permit for an under senior posistion. However the job I was offered is still open.

Does any one know what visa/entry clearance I would be applying for, here in the states? I'm really anxious on leaving, and am now willing to pay for the airfare ( :? ), but all the visa's I've researched do not tailor to that. I am not a working holiday-maker, nor am I purely a visitor. I'm too young (20yrs) to be a highly skilled migrant...AND I want to go to school.

Is there a visa for a non-commonwealth citizen that allows them to seek British employment, provided they will not rely on public funds? and perhaps are working towards a UK citizenship?

thank you for all your help!!!
-M

michael