ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pete001
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Pete001 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Aditi12 wrote:Pete

You are waiting for a interview letter time date etc as well ?

Wasi yes I think you are right . I know it's frustrating for you waiting soo long after the interview !
It's like soo frustrating even waiting for a date ! Why send such kind of letter if you are not ready to interview some 1 . "Sigh"

Thanks for the update guys.
Keep in loop

Good luck

@ Aditi12,

yes mate, I am waiting for DATE, LOCATION & TIME.
The Letter exactly says...like
" Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
Although we would normally decide your application with in six months from the date it was submitted,
unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.
This is because it is necessary to interview your client in connection with his application, Further details,
including the date, time and location of your clients interview, will follow"

@Aditi12 & @Wasi Did you guys got same script or not? Please let me know!

letter dated on 03rd June 2016, I have received on 8th June 2016.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Pete001 wrote:

You are waiting for a interview letter time date etc as well ?

Wasi yes I think you are right . I know it's frustrating for you waiting soo long after the interview !
    It's like soo frustrating even waiting for a date ! Why send such kind of letter if you are not ready to interview some 1 . "Sigh"

Thanks for the update guys.
    Keep in loop

Good luck

@ Aditi12,

yes mate, I am waiting for DATE, LOCATION & TIME.
    The Letter exactly says...like
    Although we would normally decide your application with in six months from the date it was submitted,
    This is because it is necessary to interview your client in connection with his application, Further details,

@Aditi12 & @Wasi Did you guys got same script or not? Please let me know!

letter dated on 03rd June 2016, I have received on 8th June 2016.

Pete i have received exactly the same letter dated 13 June. Received 16 June .

My application was posted 15 January 16
    No updates apart from this lether. Even the letter would be a month old almost next week !

Pete when did you post your application ?

Pete001
    Newly Registered

Post by Pete001 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Aditi12 wrote:
      Pete001 wrote:

Pete i have received exactly the same letter dated 13 June. Received 16 June .

My application was posted 15 January 16
      No updates apart from this lether. Even the letter would be a month old almost next week !

Pete when did you post your application ?

@Aditi12,

I have posted my application on March 7th 2016. @ Aditi12 do you know anybody succeed in interview so far? Do you have any idea about 10 years LR? mine is complete in October! I don`t know if I didn't get decision for ILR until September, weather it is best to swipe to LR, instead of ILR? might they will track about previous application (amendments for TAX). still got two months to go LR.
      @wasi do you have any idea about LR?

kapil83
      Newly Registered

Post by kapil83 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:20 am

Hello Members

My friend had posted his app on Feb 4th through T1G SetO (Both Employed and Self emp) and had his interview on May 4th. been more than 2 months after interview and never had any updates from UKVI. No amendments or late submission and paid all his taxes. He is thinking of going for prem upgrade, any thoughts? or should he wait until aug till his 6 months processing time??

anyone had any updates after the interview??

sadi952
      Newly Registered

Post by sadi952 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi @aditi, @Wasi & @Pete

One of my friend Is in same situation ,,,, He applied for ILR Tier 1G about 5 months ago ,, got letter for interview after 4 months but no date and time for interview confirmed yet ,,,,, waiting waiting and only waiting ,,,,,

Guys keep updating your statuses ,,,,,,

Good Luck to all
      Regards
      Sadi

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 am

sadi952 wrote:Hi @aditi, @Wasi & @Pete

One of my friend Is in same situation ,,,, He applied for ILR Tier 1G about 5 months ago ,, got letter for interview after 4 months but no date and time for interview confirmed yet ,,,,, waiting waiting and only waiting ,,,,,

Guys keep updating your statuses ,,,,,,

Good Luck to all
      Regards
      Sadi
      We will Sadi952

I guess rather than an individual fight it's become a together one! Trust me we update here first before we update anyone in real.
      We are all waiting.
      Me and Pete still waiting for an interview date and wasi has
      already had the interview but waiting for a reply!
      Waiting too

suresh21
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by suresh21 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Hello All,

I got a letter from Home office for my postal application for ILR SET(O) Which I submitted by post, Previously I went for Same day service was declined because of tax amendments in 2010-11 and 2012-13, so applied by post before my current visa Expires.
      See my previous link which explains my situation
      http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1358313

Letter from HO
      Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted,

My Question is if anyone in same situation Like me:
      How long it will take for schedule interview
      What kind of questions they ask: I provided all information and paid all tax other supporting documents
      My issue will be with tax amendments I guess

Please provide me information if any one knows

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Suresh

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello everyone
      Is there have been any success story in interview so far? We applied for ILR (tier 1 general) on 29th jan, 2015.
      Today we received a letter from HO almost after 6 months but they have not given any date for interview yet. And yes we have amended our tax for 1 year .
      Plz anyone can update how long it's gonna take for another letter and after interview for final decision many thanks !! :cry: :cry:

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Ilr2008 wrote:Hello everyone
      Is there have been any success story in interview so far? We applied for ILR (tier 1 general) on 29th jan, 2015.
      Today we received a letter from HO almost after 6 months but they have not given any date for interview yet. And yes we have amended our tax for 1 year .
      Plz anyone can update how long it's gonna take for another letter and after interview for final decision many thanks !! :cry: :cry:

Hi taking nearly 1 month after interview letter. Can you share more details of your case. Are you employed and self employed during your ILR application?
      Did you keep you amended sa302 with your application?

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks for your response. I have been self employed throughout 5 yearsT1G. I came on student visa in 2008. Did my MBA from UNi and had no student visa extensions. I was given post study work permit and later on got my tier 1 G.
      And we did not place the amended SA302 in file. It was not updated at that time by HMRC (Though I applied for it in September 2015) and my accountant advised me to do so. Apart from that all the usual documents clintes detail, bank statement etc
      I feel bit stressed at the moment because no one in this forum has updated result of their interviews. A bit strange thing is that HO :evil: are asking to interview me and my consultant both :?
      Secondly if any one can guide me on another aspect....my child was born here and he is 8 years old now. Is there any chance to appeal on human right basis after that !! Oh God how far we have made and at the end there are just punishing us for single tax return. :oops:

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Ilr2008 wrote:Thanks for your response. I have been self employed throughout 5 yearsT1G. I came on student visa in 2008. Did my MBA from UNi and had no student visa extensions. I was given post study work permit and later on got my tier 1 G.
      And we did not place the amended SA302 in file. It was not updated at that time by HMRC (Though I applied for it in September 2015) and my accountant advised me to do so. Apart from that all the usual documents clintes detail, bank statement etc
      I feel bit stressed at the moment because no one in this forum has updated result of their interviews. A bit strange thing is that HO :evil: are asking to interview me and my consultant both :?
      Secondly if any one can guide me on another aspect....my child was born here and he is 8 years old now. Is there any chance to appeal on human right basis after that !! Oh God how far we have made and at the end there are just punishing us for single tax return. :oops:

Please check your inbox. Had just sent you a message

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:48 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:
      Ilr2008 wrote:Thanks for your response. I have been self employed throughout 5 yearsT1G. I came on student visa in 2008. Did my MBA from UNi and had no student visa extensions. I was given post study work permit and later on got my tier 1 G.

Please check your inbox. Had just sent you a message
      Members only have the privilege of the PM facility after 30 posts, which means your message will sit in the outbox unread as Ilr2008 has made only 3.
      (Casa, not CR001)
      Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SetO guy

Post by SetO guy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:47 pm

HI Casa,

please if you have sufficient website previlages, can you decrease the number of posts required for someone to use a private message facility.

Its only that, the VISA issue is a senstive issue for everyone and at this stage everyone would like to have a quick response to their case. The 30 posts timelines is slightly too long.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:59 pm

The PM limit for 30 posts has been agreed by the moderating team and set by the Board Administrator. The 10 post limit regrettably resulted in moderators constantly receiving PMs from new members asking for private immigration advice. Also there were complaints from long term members being spammed, over which moderators had no control. The 30 posts ensures to some extent at least, that members can only send PMs after they have a reputable posting history.
      (Casa, not CR001)
      Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:08 pm

@ CASA WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR ADVICE THAT YOU PM ME ON FORUM. It might be helpful for others as well.
      I thank everyone for sharing and helping each other in difficult time.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Ilr2008 wrote:@ CASA WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR ADVICE THAT YOU PM ME ON FORUM. It might be helpful for others as well.
      I don't understand what you're asking. :? You don't need to post in capitals as it's considered the equivalent of shouting.
      (Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:47 pm

SetO guy wrote:HI Casa,

please if you have sufficient website previlages, can you decrease the number of posts required for someone to use a private message facility.

Its only that, the VISA issue is a senstive issue for everyone and at this stage everyone would like to have a quick response to their case. The 30 posts timelines is slightly too long.
      What's the rush, its always a difficult time for someone - that's nothing new.

30 posts is so that members can establish their credentials as bona fide contributors to the IB family/ community.
      It helps cut down on abuse of the system from scammers and undesirables seeking to take advantage of members in their hour of need.
      All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 am

Casa wrote:
      Ilr2008 wrote:@ CASA WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR ADVICE THAT YOU PM ME ON FORUM. It might be helpful for others as well.
      I don't understand what you're asking. :? You don't need to post in capitals as it's considered the equivalent of shouting.
      Hi @casa indeed my caps were on when I started typing which I turned off after finishing my first sentence.I never intend to shout anyone so relax ! :?
      Secondly just for Your formation we don't always shout when we capitalise the sentence , we emphasis or make it prominent few parts sometimes. :idea: And I did say thanks at the end of my post.

Koolking
      Newly Registered

Post by Koolking » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi just a quick question

I saw a few posts saying they recieve a letter where it states the ho normally take 6 months time but now interview.

When i applied in may 2016 for ilr along with my misses tier 1 depdendant extension we recieved biometric letters. Mine says they normally take 6 months and my misses letter states they normally take 8 weeks to process application.

The letter for interview i recieved has my case id and both of our names mentioned below and states that they normally take 8 weeks to process application but now they want interview me.

A bit confused as other guys letter states 6 months and mine states 8 weeks. Not sure if they are trying to interview both of us for relationship purposes.

Any idea guys.

bellos
      Newly Registered

Post by bellos » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:43 am

Koolking wrote:Hi just a quick question

I saw a few posts saying they recieve a letter where it states the ho normally take 6 months time but now interview.

When i applied in may 2016 for ilr along with my misses tier 1 depdendant extension we recieved biometric letters. Mine says they normally take 6 months and my misses letter states they normally take 8 weeks to process application.

The letter for interview i recieved has my case id and both of our names mentioned below and states that they normally take 8 weeks to process application but now they want interview me.

A bit confused as other guys letter states 6 months and mine states 8 weeks. Not sure if they are trying to interview both of us for relationship purposes.

Any idea guys.
      Hi Koolking,

I am in a similar position with you. I applied for my ILR (SET O) and my wife's Tier 1 - General Dependent Extension (both on 20th May 2016).
      We both received different confirmation and Biometric request letters.

I later received a letter on 12th July saying my application cannot be decided within 6 Months as I need to be interviewed. I am still awaiting the appointment letter

But unlike your case, my wife has not received any further communication from the Home Office after her Biometrics.

So I will presume they wish to interview you both. The standard time for ILR is 6 months.....it is therefore very unlikely for them to be referring to your application in that stated 8-week period.

PS: my wife and I submitted separate applications to different Home Office addresses. I did this based on UKVI advice when I called them to explain my circumstance.

holla007

Post by holla007 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm

suresh21 wrote:Hello All,

I got a letter from Home office for my postal application for ILR SET(O) Which I submitted by post, Previously I went for Same day service was declined because of tax amendments in 2010-11 and 2012-13, so applied by post before my current visa Expires.
      See my previous link which explains my situation
      http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1358313

Letter from HO
      Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted,

My Question is if anyone in same situation Like me:
      How long it will take for schedule interview
      What kind of questions they ask: I provided all information and paid all tax other supporting documents
      My issue will be with tax amendments I guess

Please provide me information if any one knows

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Suresh
      Hi Pal, your letter says they will like to interview your client in connection with his application, does it mean you use a representative for your application or are they talking about the clients you worked? because my letter say they will like to interview me not my clients.
      can you can some light into this cheers

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Hello everyone right now I m in very tense situation . Following my ILR application I received a letter from home office that they are going to interview me and my consultant. Now surprisingly I have just received a text from my consultant informing that Home office is visiting there office today in short time. I m very much scared and tense!! Plz suggest what they are up to ?

aliq09
      Member of Standing
      Mood:
      United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi ,

Understand your situation and hope matter will be resolved as early as possible . Here is my advice and hope this will help you :

If you are honest , fair and 100% correct in your affairs either with HMRC & HO than there is nothing to worry about .

I will be really pleased if you can put some light on your " source of earnings" during this and previous applications
      Thanks

Ali

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi Ali thanks for your reply .
      I have been self employed and have been working with reliable companies. I did one amendment which has been updated in HMRC record. I have sent my bank statement, everything mandatory with my application 6 months back.

Ilr2008
      Newly Registered

Post by Ilr2008 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 pm

My question is !!can they call me after his inspection and visit my office?
      Are they gonna take decision based on the interview with my consultant? I am100% genuine, paid all my taxes , have details of all the clients, HMRC record etc :cry: