ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Finance Residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

osaz0062
Nigeria

Student Finance Residency

Post by osaz0062 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Hello,
ive applied for student finance under the long residency criteria;
and everything else has been sorted apart from they are requesting me to show proof of residency from 03/11/2006 to present,
so far i have given them everything from 20/11/2006 till present,
they are now requesting residency evidence from the 03/11/2006 till 20/11/2006,
i have next to no evidence for these dates as i was around 9/10 years old with nothing to my name, and my parents werent receiving and benefit or child benefits for me.
i came into the country in 2004 and i am 19 so i DEFINITELY am eligible under the half life criteria, but i don't know what i can give them.
i am currently at wits end with them, is it possible for home office to write a letter to student finance confirming that i have been resident within the UK during those dates.
is it also possible to book and appointment with the home office to discuss this?

Casa

Re: Student Finance Residency

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:29 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:13 am

Casa wrote:Submit a Home Office SAR form
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
Will it be able to confirm my residency for those required dates?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 pm

were you at school? registered with a gp? home office may not have anything unless you had a visa to cover that period (and a visa in itself doesn't prove residency under the student finance regs. have you spoken to advice service at uni for support with application?

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Greenie wrote:were you at school? registered with a gp? home office may not have anything unless you had a visa to cover that period (and a visa in itself doesn't prove residency under the student finance regs. have you spoken to advice service at uni for support with application?
My family received discretionary leave to remain in 2011, will the case notes confirm our residency, as we were given discretionary leave on the basis we have lived in england for a long time

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Related matter for students on DLR, may be of interest:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 11390.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:33 pm

noajthan wrote:Related matter for students on DLR, may be of interest:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 11390.html
Thank you, i already know about that, im applying with student finance through the newley created criteria for students with DL like myself! They are asking me to prove residency for half my life which is very hard to do considering most of these types of documents are either with the home office or are impossible to find because of my age and the fact it was 9-10 years ago'

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:34 pm

osaz0062 wrote:
Greenie wrote:were you at school? registered with a gp? home office may not have anything unless you had a visa to cover that period (and a visa in itself doesn't prove residency under the student finance regs. have you spoken to advice service at uni for support with application?
My family received discretionary leave to remain in 2011, will the case notes confirm our residency, as we were given discretionary leave on the basis we have lived in england for a long time
case notes may help or there may be evidence of residence that your parents submitted with the application. however you didn't answer my question about obtaining a letter from your school at the time or GP.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:31 am

Greenie wrote:
osaz0062 wrote:
case notes may help or there may be evidence of residence that your parents submitted with the application. however you didn't answer my question about obtaining a letter from your school at the time or GP.
Oh im sorry about that, we havent obtained a letter from a gp as the customer advisors said they doubt it will be accepted, and the period they are asking for is the date when we were moving from london to birmingham, so anything in my parents name nevermind mine is almost impossible to get at this point! I ordered a fast track SAR as i only have about 6 weeks to get the evidence i need before i have to defer for another year :(
My last hope now is the case notes during our application can clearly state that we have proved our residence from our date of entry to when we made our application