ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty Notice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thestas
Newly Registered

Fixed Penalty Notice

Post by thestas » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:00 am

Hi All,

I have just submitted my Tier 2 extension application and I have just realized I received a Fixed Penalty Notice for a cycling violation for £50 over three years ago, I payed it and that was that. It completely slipped my mind, I only came across it now as I was cleaning out a drawer.

Should this have been declared as I have read on numerous forums now that unless I went to court for it, it does not count.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Stas

thestas
Newly Registered

Re: Fixed Penalty Notice

Post by thestas » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:55 am

Should I amend my Tier 2 application/Can I amend it? I have a premium day service appointment booked for next Thursday.

Please advise.

Stas

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:52 pm

As long as it's paid there's shouldn't be any issue.

ronin

Post by ronin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi thestas,

I have similar situation, I am going to make a tier 2 application and confused about FPN. I had a FPN about two years ago for littering and I paid the amount online same day. Do I need to disclose it on T2 application?

What was the outcome of your application? Please let me, this is really bothering me.

Many thanks.

tckraju

Post by tckraju » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:42 am

Fixed-penalty notices are normally disregarded by the Home Office when assessing your application.

ronin

Post by ronin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:12 pm

tckraju wrote:Fixed-penalty notices are normally disregarded by the Home Office when assessing your application.
tckraju,
Thank you for your reply.
Some of other people here in forum mentioned about refusal due to non disclosure. I have no information as I didn't keep that receipt besides mentioning when it happened.

I better tick in criminal section as no, then mention it in white section. Should it be right thing thing to do?

tckraju

Post by tckraju » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:02 pm

I better tick in criminal section as no, then mention it in white section. Should it be right thing thing to do?

This is a better idea. There have been similar cases in the past where the applicant ticked No in the criminality section and mentioned about the FPN in the cover letter. This is the safest approach and the caseworker cannot refuse your application on the basis of deception.

You should be prepared for one the 2 following scenarios:

scenario 1: This will be fine if the case worker does not ask you for documentary evidence of your FPN.
scenario 2: You still should be in a position to submit the evidence if the case worker asks you for one. (Do you have anything to prove? Atleast, the receipt for the payment done since you said that you only came across it now as you were cleaning out a drawer.)