ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not active Economically in a previous year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jan39

Not active Economically in a previous year

Post by jan39 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:00 pm

I was not very active economically (been jobless for few months) in 2014, just made about £10k, so had very less tax payment in the return for 2014-15.
I was back on track for 2015-16 now with good earnings £35k which will be helpful in ILR.

The requirement is only the latest 12 months earnings for which the tax return is not due yet.
Someone suggested to amend the return for that year to have more income and tax paid just for a good impression, but I think I don't need to do it as that tax year was not the part of my application and has nothing to do with previous years of extension/initial applicatios.
Will it be negative point on my ILR application if I was not very active economically in that tax year (not part of HO any applications), I still earned more than £10000 though, but it's not like £35000 I done next/current year.
Please share your suggestion, will be thankful.

Member of Standing

Re: Not active Economically in a previous year

Post by member » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:38 pm

What is your immigration/visa status in the UK?

jan39

Re: Not active Economically in a previous year

Post by jan39 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 pm

member wrote:What is your immigration/visa status in the UK?
Tier 1 General for 5 years.