ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request passport back

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scow1234
Newly Registered

Request passport back

Post by scow1234 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi all

How can I request my passport back?
Can you give me please a phone number or email address to contact the home office?
How long it takes to get the passport back?
will it affect my application of I traveled outside the EU?
I have applied for the EEA2 a month a go and still waiting.
any input will be appreciated

noajthan

Re: Request passport back

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:22 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:01 am

If you applied inside the UK you can only request your documents back online: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Their aim is 10 working days, some have been faster than this, whereas some have been waiting months.

scow1234
Newly Registered

Post by scow1234 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Ohara

at the end of the form there is warning. If you an EEA and asked for your passport back for identification and you travel outside the UK that mmay result of your case cancelled. How serious iis that? I want to travel of one week for an urgent cause. Will that result in cancelation of my application?

Thank you

Regards

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 am

Where does it say that? I can't see it anywhere.

I asked for my passport back about 1 month after my application was received, I said it was urgent (although it wasn't for travel purposes), and my passport arrived after 4 working days. My application was also successful.

There is no restriction on travel while your application is in progress.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:11 am

scow1234 wrote:I have applied for the EEA2 a month a go and still waiting.
Havs you received the COA yet?

scow1234
Newly Registered

Post by scow1234 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Ohara

Thank you very much for your time and information.
At the last step when you fill the form and before you submit it. There are some notes say if you travel outside uk and Isle of man your case maybe cancelled. I have received the bio form yet. I applied on 22 June .they a knowledged my application by email on 22 July. But nothing since
THANK YOU

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:26 am

scow1234 wrote:Hi Ohara

At the last step when you fill the form and before you submit it. There are some notes say if you travel outside uk and Isle of man your case maybe cancelled
Good catch. Seems everyone else (who has urgent/unavoidable travel plans) has missed that.
Would be good if the next person who sees it can post a copy of the text.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

n2oula
Newly Registered

Post by n2oula » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 am

noajthan wrote:
scow1234 wrote:Hi Ohara

At the last step when you fill the form and before you submit it. There are some notes say if you travel outside uk and Isle of man your case maybe cancelled
Good catch. Seems everyone else (who has urgent/unavoidable travel plans) has missed that.
Would be good if the next person who sees it can post a copy of the text.
This is the notice they give:

if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not
settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;

I do not know to what extent these rules apply though; I guess it's on a case by case basis.

scow1234
Newly Registered

Post by scow1234 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi all
ya .that is the point I meant. Any can advise on that matter? Please.

gtht

Post by gtht » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:35 pm

I submitted my Italian passport and an expired American passport with my application. I requested the whole family's application passports back immediately upon application submission on May 12th and received them on July 7th.

As I travel several times a month for work abroad I kept my current american passport the entire time to travel back and forth. I went through the UK border 4 times at Heathrow through the EU line with only my american passport and a photocopy of my Italian. Originally, the staff were annoyed but just went to the room on the side, made a phone call and confirmed my application. By the 4th time they didn't bother to check anything on the phone and just waived me through following electronic checks at their desk. At no time did anyone indicate this would be a problem for the application.

That being said I still haven't received the application result back yet, but will post when I do.