ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary not sent to Bank, how to Prove?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shah23
Newly Registered

Salary not sent to Bank, how to Prove?

Post by shah23 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi guys,
I have a small issue if someone can answer. My first 3 months salary was not sent to bank for some reason, I got them in cash, I received regular payslips for them. How can I claim them as HO requires 2 types of docs from different sources to prove an income, the one will be payslips or letter from employee and other is bank statement.
Is there anything else I can arrange to prove this amount?
Thanks in advance

Member of Standing

Re: Salary not sent to Bank, how to Prove?

Post by member » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:29 pm

Was the cash banked?

shah23
Newly Registered

Post by shah23 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:39 pm

member wrote:Was the cash banked?
No, that's the issue.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 am

shah23 wrote:Hi guys,
I have a small issue if someone can answer. My first 3 months salary was not sent to bank for some reason, I got them in cash, I received regular payslips for them. How can I claim them as HO requires 2 types of docs from different sources to prove an income, the one will be payslips or letter from employee and other is bank statement.
Is there anything else I can arrange to prove this amount?
Thanks in advance
you can try to speak with HMRC, if they can provide you a month by month PAYE (salary) income covering your specific three months. then you can use Payslip and this one. I have never seen yet that HMRC provide this but I am hopeful they could provide you on request as from your HMRC online account you can see month by month PAYE earnings now.

If you do not get from HMRC then you could at least print month by month salary from HMRC online (last option if you do not get any other alternative). However, seniors might be able to help if any other better options available.

arunsk

Post by arunsk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 am

Why cash, why not a cheque? Don't think any employer gives cash.
Cheque is common for initial month as it takes time setup accounts etc but 3 months is a long time.
Ask your employer to provide a letter that first 3 months salary paid in cash, I think it creates unnecessary doubts if not clearly explained.
Another option is to wait for 3 more months.

shah23
Newly Registered

Post by shah23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:29 am

Abc499 wrote:
shah23 wrote:Hi guys,
I have a small issue if someone can answer. My first 3 months salary was not sent to bank for some reason, I

If you do not get from HMRC then you could at least print month by month salary from HMRC online (last option if you do not get any other alternative). However, seniors might be able to help if any other better options available.
HO rules clearly say that 2 docs to be provided should be from different sources, so I think the payslips and any monthly confirmation slips from HMRC would be considered from same source as they get generated from same authority.
'In all cases, the applicant must provide at least two different types of the specified documents in paragraph 19-SD(a) from two or more separate sources as evidence for each source of previous earnings'.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:33 am

shah23 wrote:
No, that's the issue.
If you banked the cash you would have a corresponding bank statement to match with payslip/s in approximately the same time period.

It would help corroborate that the payslip was 'genuine' or that it, at least, represented a certain sum of money that came from 'somewhere'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

shah23
Newly Registered

Post by shah23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:03 pm

noajthan wrote:
shah23 wrote:
No, that's the issue.
If you banked the cash you would have a corresponding bank statement to match with payslip/s in approximately the same time period.

It would help corroborate that the payslip was 'genuine' or that it, at least, represented a certain sum of money that came from 'somewhere'.
I already said they not banked and that's the main issue now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:18 pm

shah23 wrote:I already said they not banked and that's the main issue now.
It's not making it easy for yourself then.
After all, anyone can generate a 'payslip'.

In immigration matters it helps to look ahead to the requirements for coming visa (and the one after that) and make sure you generate the appropriate papertrail.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.