ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What foods can i ship when emigrating?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cdntluvumore
Newly Registered

What foods can i ship when emigrating?

Post by cdntluvumore » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:05 pm

We are moving in a few weeks and shipping out stuff to America. I've repeatedly asked the shipping company what we can send but they are so non specific it's very frustrating. So I know what I can take in my check in luggage but I hear the restrictions are different with household items on a container. Does anyone know where I can find a list of prohibited foods please? I have coconut oil, Shea butter, spices, cocoa butter, powders, etc. All of which I can take in my luggage but I would like confirmation they can be shipped cos I don't want any trouble at the other end!

Also, while I'm on here, I'm struggling to find how to use this forum correctly. Is this where my post should go? How do I find previous posts please? Tia;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What foods can i ship when emigrating?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:34 pm

cdntluvumore wrote:Also, while I'm on here, I'm struggling to find how to use this forum correctly. Is this where my post should go? How do I find previous posts please? Tia;)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/faq.php#f7r4
How can I find my own posts and topics?
Your own posts can be retrieved either by clicking the “Search user’s posts” within the User Control Panel or via your own profile page. To search for your topics, use the Advanced search page and fill in the various options appropriately.
Or you can simple click on your username and then on search 'search user posts'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:35 pm

cdntluvumore wrote:We are moving in a few weeks and shipping out stuff to America. I've repeatedly asked the shipping company what we can send but they are so non specific it's very frustrating. So I know what I can take in my check in luggage but I hear the restrictions are different with household items on a container. Does anyone know where I can find a list of prohibited foods please? I have coconut oil, Shea butter, spices, cocoa butter, powders, etc. All of which I can take in my luggage but I would like confirmation they can be shipped cos I don't want any trouble at the other end!
You need to contact the customs and excise department in the US.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cdntluvumore
Newly Registered

Post by cdntluvumore » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
cdntluvumore wrote:Also, while I'm on here, I'm struggling to find how to use this forum correctly. Is this where my post should go? How do I find previous posts please? Tia;)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/faq.php#f7r4
How can I find my own posts and topics?
Your own posts can be retrieved either by clicking the “Search user’s posts” within the User Control Panel or via your own profile page. To search for your topics, use the Advanced search page and fill in the various options appropriately.
Or you can simple click on your username and then on search 'search user posts'.
I don't have those options for some reason...which is why I'm confused! :O

cdntluvumore
Newly Registered

Post by cdntluvumore » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
cdntluvumore wrote:We are moving in a few weeks and shipping out stuff to America. I've repeatedly asked the shipping company what we can send but they are so non specific it's very frustrating. So I know what I can take in my check in luggage but I hear the restrictions are different with household items on a container. Does anyone know where I can find a list of prohibited foods please? I have coconut oil, Shea butter, spices, cocoa butter, powders, etc. All of which I can take in my luggage but I would like confirmation they can be shipped cos I don't want any trouble at the other end!
You need to contact the customs and excise department in the US.

Oh well that was easy :D haha thanks, you've been very helpful!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:22 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member ... ore/posts/

See if the link above works for your posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cdntluvumore
Newly Registered

Post by cdntluvumore » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 pm

Nope, it says I'm not allowed to search...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:59 am

Oh Dear!! Must be a bug in the system somewhere.

Try these, links directly to your topics.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/us-imm ... l#p1362477

http://www.immigrationboards.com/us-imm ... l#p1361950
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cdntluvumore
Newly Registered

Post by cdntluvumore » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:37 pm

I know this was ages ago but I was locked out for a long time. No idea why! I couldn't contact anyone and as soon as I logged in, I was kicked back out again. Seems to be fine now though. The links work, thanks! :)