ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mcx76
Newly Registered

Refused Work permit

Post by mcx76 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Hi 2 all,
My friend received his work permit(SBS) and applied for entry clearance,but he didnt get visa.IF he appeal on decision,how long time it will take to compelet?
Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:07 pm

What were the grounds of refusal?

mcx76
Newly Registered

Grounds for Refusal (SBS WORK PERMIT)

Post by mcx76 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:19 pm

Kayalami wrote:What were the grounds of refusal?
Thanks for reply.The grounds are as under.
1:You are at present in modestly paid employment earning 10600 Rupees a month.You are an only son and live with your parents and 2 sisters in Pakistan.You claim to have been engaged to be married for the past year and to be getting married in another year and a half.You have been unable to satisfactorily exlain the reason for the unusual length of your engagement and state that you wish to marry only after you settle.That you should therefore decide to take employment overseas at this point undermines your own reasoning and leads me o doubt tha you are engaged as claimed.

2:You state that an uncle in the uk arranged this employment for you but you have failed to satisfactorily explain why you have failed to mention hin on visa application form.I am therefore led to conclude that you may have other famil members in the UK whose presence you may be seeking to conceal.That the issue of employment in the uk cropped up in a conversation with an uncle visiting you in Pakistan and that he then tood it upon hinself to obtain employment for you in the UK,also lack cresibility.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:26 pm

Why did'nt your friend mention his uncle's details in the VAF? They will hold it against him weather he did it knowingly or unknowingly.

Aside from that, how did the subject of engagment and marriage come up? I dont remember them being asked on a VAF, although mine was a couple of years ago and in India. Did he have an interview where he was asked these questions. If yes, then he must have come across as someone not very forthcoming and straightforward.

I am not sure about work permits. But my ex-boss was once refused a business visa. He came back the next week to the consulate with more documents to refute their grounds of rejection and was granted 6 months.