ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence in the UK 5.3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZeePrime
Newly Registered

Residence in the UK 5.3

Post by ZeePrime » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Section 5.1 5.3 of form EEA (PR)
Apply for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card
Is mentioning:
5.1 Date you first entered the UK
5.3 Have you had any absence from the UK since you entered, if yes please give details in the tables below

I entered first time in September 1992, while a friend of mine who is applying as well has entered in September 2007
Do we need to write down all the times we went abroad even for a couple of days?
I don't have any evidence any more, also because there was no email back then.
I cant really recall all since 1992, it's 24 years!
My friend can go as early as 2010 as he changed email and hard drive after that.

Would 6-7 years suffice?
We are compiling this form for then applying for Naturalization.
Standard case, EU working here without problems, with only short periods of absence from UK, say average of 30 days per year.

Thanks,
Giuseppe

noajthan

Re: Residence in the UK 5.3

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Authorities want to see your continuity of residence has not been broken.
Also that any PR status you have acquired has not been lost again (by prolonged absence).

:idea: As you have been here since 19-forgotten just check your passport that was used for initial entry.
There's a chance you were given ILR in entry.

Otherwise state dates as best as you can remember - even month/year is better than nothing.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ZeePrime
Newly Registered

Post by ZeePrime » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks for your answer

I'm EEU national from Italy, Italian passports expire every 10 years, and new blank passports are issued
I don't possess any more the passport I first used, but in any case there was nothing stamped on it as coming from Italy without special requirements or Visa to work.

I can write down, at best, only some long holidays (2 weeks) I had, and still I think I will miss some year.

I really hope authorities will not go down too hard on those far years

Thanks,
Giuseppe

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:49 pm

ZeePrime wrote:Thanks for your answer

I'm EEU national from Italy, Italian passports expire every 10 years, and new blank passports are issued
I don't possess any more the passport I first used, but in any case there was nothing stamped on it as coming from Italy without special requirements or Visa to work.

I can write down, at best, only some long holidays (2 weeks) I had, and still I think I will miss some year.

I really hope authorities will not go down too hard on those far years

Thanks,
Giuseppe
When do you sense that you automatically acquired PR?

You just need to identify a suitable qualifying period in which you were a qualified person (exercising treaty rights continuously) for 5 years.
You will need rock-solid documentary supporting evidence covering that period and the subsequent years up until now.

Its absences during and after your qualifying period that really matter.
You can add a note to explain earlier years are a little hazy and the odd previous absence may have been missed in that earlier time.

ZeePrime
Newly Registered

Post by ZeePrime » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks.

Yes, I have detailed proof of all leaves-returns since 2008.
I have always worked in full time permanent employed positions since 1992, with no holes inbetween,
I can give all the contracts I have signed, some payslip and bank statements, rental contracts, etc.

My only problems are the leave-return between 1992 and 2008.

Can I apply saying my qualifying 5 years period is say 2009-2014, and give strong evidence of those years only?

Where in the form
"Application for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card under the EEA Regulations"
should I write down what is the qualifying period? I cant find mention of it.

Thanks,
Giuseppe

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 pm

There is no such section as caseworker assesses all the evidence to decide if she will confirm your acquisition of PR.

The form has to cater for all sorts of different circumstances.
You may not know and be competent to judge when you acquired PR.

However if you have an idea you can suggest it in a cogent cover letter.