ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 switch inside UK - BRP Delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bamesah
Newly Registered

Tier 2 switch inside UK - BRP Delayed

Post by bamesah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Dear All,

I am a doctor who switched my employer and thus went for the Premium Center Same Day Service in Sheffield on 26th of July.

I have received my approval letter on the same day.

Till today , i have not received any mail with the BRP. I have filled the online form on the UKVI website which mentioned i should get a response within 5 day. However , i haven't received a response after the 5 day period. I have called the Visas phone line and they said they have escalated the matter by sending an email and that i should recieve further contact from Home Office within 24-72 hours. However i haven't received anything yet

I tried to call again but they seem to have very limited information , all what they say is that they don't have any more information regarding this issue , and that there is nothing else they can do to escalate further , and that there is nothing for me to do but wait .They also said that they don't have any phone numbers or contact for the BRP issuing office

I tried to call DX delivery but they don't have anything for my postcode , so it must be that there is some delay in BRP office itself

This seems very frustrating considering i paid for a service (quite an expensive one also) within an expected timeframe , but can't seem to get any additional information about what is happening to my case and the people i talk to over the phone are for the most time very rude in their response.

I have read previous threads here about trying to email :
BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
BRPCollection@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,

which i all tried to email with full details of my case with no response for 72 hours now

Furthermore , my employer isn't allowing me to start work as they said the Employment Check service to confirm if i have the right to work in the UK advised them not to let me start work except after i produce my permit , and that the Home Office approval letter is not enough evidence to start work . They also said that Home Office wouldn't be able to confirm if i have the right to work in the UK because they can only do that service for standard applications , not same day premium service (which is very illogical and doesn't make sense).

So currently , i Haven't been going to work , i have no idea where my BRP is , and have no method of escalation of this issue

and i was wondering if i could get your expertise on 2 main issues:

A) Is there a certain method where i can escalate further , or at least find out what is happening currently with my case?

B) Is there a way for my employer to allow me to work while i wait for the BRP?

C) Would i be entitled for any refund for the payment i paid for using the same day premium service but not getting the BRP within the published standard timeframe? Or any method of filing a complaint for this delay without any reasonable explanation or attempt for explanation despite active contact from my side?

Thank you very much and looking forward to your response

Best,

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 switch inside UK - BRP Delayed

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:16 pm

A) At least one other member experiencing BRP delay this week and s/he received a message citing 'technical difficulties'.

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... ?hilit=Brp

So your diagnosis of a HO rather than DX issue appears to be on right track.

B) Probably just a case of sitting tight.

C) There will be a 'complaints' link and/or some link to some ombudsman somewhere on Gov UK website.

Try your MP too. Or email Home Secretary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bamesah
Newly Registered

Post by bamesah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Thank You very much for your help :)

asp

Post by asp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:41 pm

And stop firing emails at every mailbox you can find. There is clearly a delay and you are addingbto whatever queue there is, slowing diwn others, by sending multiple emails. Perhaps the reason it is taking so long to sort your lroblem is lots of other people fire emails everywhere...

bamesah
Newly Registered

Post by bamesah » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:17 am

I appreciate your advice asp , the reason why i did so was because i wasn't receiving any replies about a delay or any issue in the first place , and no information was being given over the phone.

To update , i received a reply today with the following information:

Thank you for the enquiry regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We can confirm that the BRP has been produced recently and should be out for delivery within 10 working days. Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm.

So i will probably call DX by Thursday/Friday to see if they have anything for my postcode

Thanks all for your help

bamesah
Newly Registered

Post by bamesah » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Dear All

I have received two emails today from Home office:

One was : (at 2:31 p.m.)

Thank you for the enquiry regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We can confirm that the BRP has been produced recently and should be out for delivery within 10 working days. Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm. Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity (such as passport, driving licence or bank card) and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

We are unable to provide any other delivery details at the moment.

We advise travel arrangements should not be made until after the BRP has been received.

Thank you

The other was (3:30 p.m.)

Good Afternoon

Further to our previous email, your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is available for collection from:

Unit 65
The Shires Walk
Leicester
LE1 4FR

When you visit the collection point to obtain your BRP you must bring your passport / travel document containing your Visa. Please also bring this letter as it will help locate your BRP quickly.

For any further enquiries on this matter, please contact the BRP Collection Team at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect.

We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

BRP OA Tech Team
Home Office

Now i am very confused which email is the correct one , and why if i am switching inside the UK it would be delivered to the post office (This was the original post office i got my 1st BRP from , but i am not living in Leicester anymore) . I called The home Office visas line and they said i should disregard the email that it was sent to the post code , but i still wanted to post here since it is very unusual and i am not quite sure if i should still go to the post office to check

Best

asp

Post by asp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 pm

In terms of the premium fee you won't get a refund. You paid for a same day decision, which you got, not a same day BRP. That is a common misunderstanding.

Glad it is resolved.

bamesah
Newly Registered

Post by bamesah » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Dear all,

I have received my BRP today (around one month after i got the decision)

The DX delivery has knocked but i didn't hear and happened to catch him as he was leaving by chance (he didn't leave any card that says i missed a delivery)

I have called DX afterwards to inquire and they said that sometimes when they are out of cards they don't leave any , i also just found out that DX had my last name wrong and thats why whenever i call them and use the post code and my name , they say there is nothing to that address for this name , i guess due to conifdentiality issues they can't say if they got anything else under a different name)

I just wanted to share this with all for all others who might be waiting for their BRP to be aware of what could go wrong in this process

Best