ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - M Application - Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajeshpathak
Newly Registered

FLR - M Application - Supporting Documents

Post by rajeshpathak » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:09 pm

HI
My wife is applying for extension of her spouse visa which runs out next month. She came to UK in Sept 2011 to join me after obtaining her Spouse visa in June 2011. She had applied for ILR before in 2013 but it was unsuccessful and she was given leave to remain till Sept. 2016. As she has a small child she was not able to complete her English test and LIfe in UK test so she has no other option but to apply for an extension. I suppose she need to provide documents to prove that we living together. We have following documents and want to know if these are sufficient -
1. Council tax bills and statement giving both of our names.
2. Water rates bills giving both of our names.
3. Bank statement from 2 banks addressed to me but gives her name as joint account holder.
4. Letter from NHS in her name.
5. confirmation from the local Council giving our names in the Electoral Register.
6. Bank statements in our sole names.
7. Letters addressed to her by her Life Insurer and National savings bond.
8. My pay slips.
9. Land Registry certificate for the 2 property I own. One we live in and one is rented out.
10. Our child birth certificate born in the UK.

Also could you please tell me if I also need to submit my british passport or a complete copy of it will be sufficient.
Thank you.

SoHopeful

Re: FLR - M Application - Supporting Documents

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:11 pm

The type of correspondence is fine, but do the letters cover the entire period since her last application in 2013?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Regarding the English language test and KOLL.....couldn't you help your wife with home study to avoid all these extensions?

I'm not sure that the Home Office will allow these to continue indefinitely as the reasoning behind the English & Life in the UK tests is to show integration into British life. I assume she's been able to pass A1 level English?

A2 level will be required for FLR(M) after October.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rajeshpathak
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshpathak » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Thank you guys for very useful information. Yes the documents do cover the whole 2 years period. She has not been able to do her english language and life in UK test due to her health. In the last two years she suffered one miscarriage and had one very complicated and high risk pregnancy. By the grace of the God we have been blessed with a daughter in March 2016. This has been the reason why she did not do her tests. I will write a covering letter to the home office advising this to them.

Could you please tell me if I need to send the form and supporting documents in duplicate or just the originals?

rajeshpathak
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshpathak » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Also is it ok to send just the copy of my british passport or the original passport with the application?
Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:34 pm

rajeshpathak wrote:Also is it ok to send just the copy of my british passport or the original passport with the application?
Thanks
A legally certified copy will be accepted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

olarey

Post by olarey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:15 pm

just a comment to this post. why are we certifying British Passport copy for this application when 3rd paragraph of section 10 of FLR-M guidance note specifically state "The copy does NOT need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their passport or travel document" or I'm I missing something here?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:23 pm

olarey wrote:just a comment to this post. why are we certifying British Passport copy for this application when 3rd paragraph of section 10 of FLR-M guidance note specifically state "The copy does NOT need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their passport or travel document" or I'm I missing something here?
Which is at odds with the first line of Section 10:
Documents provided with the application must be originals.
Copies of any kind are not acceptable unless there are valid reasons for not being able to
provide the original document. In such circumstances, we may accept a copy certified by the
body or authority which issued the original (for example, a copy of a savings book certified by
the building society or bank), or by a notary.

If the uncertified passport is rejected, at least there are grounds for appeal. I agree with your reasoning.
(Casa, not CR001)

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 am

THIS IS VERY VERY CLEAR... caveat ..

From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document.

it specifically TELLS YOU LOUD AND CLEAR the passport does not have to be certified..

The other documents have to be originals..
do i understand this correctly ?
has anyone been rejected for not certifying passport pages ?
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

rajeshpathak
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshpathak » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am

Thank you everyone for your comments. I understand and I will be sending a complete copy of my british passport. Please can some one also advise that do I need to send everything (application and supporting documents) in duplicate or just the originals.
Thank you in anticipation.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:51 pm

there is nowhere in the application guidance say so!
I believe there is no need to send (application and supporting documents) in duplicate
wait for others opinion

christophermooreuk
Newly Registered

Post by christophermooreuk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi "rajeshpathak",

I find myself in a similar position to you and am unsure whether I can submit a copy only (certified or not) of my passport with the application of my partner's visa.

I'd be keen to learn if you did provide a copy (instead of your original passport) in the end and whether it created an issue at all.

Best wishes,

Chris

Nacc390
Newly Registered

Post by Nacc390 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:03 pm

christophermooreuk wrote:Hi "rajeshpathak",

I find myself in a similar position to you and am unsure whether I can submit a copy only (certified or not) of my passport with the application of my partner's visa.

I'd be keen to learn if you did provide a copy (instead of your original passport) in the end and whether it created an issue at all.

Best wishes,

Chris
Why not just take your passport to a solicitor nearby (who has authority to attest) who will make a copy and attest it for you for around £10. I did twice and both times attested copies were accepted.