ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa extension with police caution

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edwardhl4415
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa extension with police caution

Post by edwardhl4415 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi all,

I had a police caution (procession of class B control substance) on dec 2012, when i was on Tier 1 graduate visa. I then successfully applied and got my tier 2 work visa on Sept 2013. I am due for an visa extension now, however in the visa application they ask the question whether i ever had an police caution, which i have never stated in my 2013 tier 2 application because there weren't any questions related to that.

Question is, shall i answer and state out my police caution in the new visa extension application? if so, by me not mentioning the police caution in my 2013 visa application affects my current application? As nowhere in the 2013 application asking about police caution. Additionally, how much will the police caution affects my visa application?

THANKS TO ANYONE CAN HELP IN ADVANCE.!!

asp

Re: TIER 2 VISA EXTENSION WITH POLICE CAUTION

Post by asp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 pm

HO will know when your criminality results come back. If you don't declare it you WILL be refused for deception/lying now. See thread below for what happens when you don't declare:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1389379

If you declare it HO will take a view on whether it is serious enough to affect your application.

A deliberate cover up attempt up is invariably worse for you than owning up to a minor offence...

Purdamit

Post by Purdamit » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:15 am

asp wrote:HO will know when your criminality results come back. If you don't declare it you WILL be refused for deception/lying now. See thread below for what happens when you don't declare:

If you declare it HO will take a view on whether it is serious enough to affect your application.

A deliberate cover up attempt up is invariably worse for you than owning up to a minor offence...
no one has replied back on any of the threads after they have applied for admin review and what was the outcome of admin review?

edwardhl4415
Newly Registered

Post by edwardhl4415 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:22 am

asp wrote:HO will know when your criminality results come back. If you don't declare it you WILL be refused for deception/lying now. See thread below for what happens when you don't declare:

You are correct. i should and will state out my police caution.

“Please note that a caution is not a conviction. It is an out of court disposal which is recorded on an individual's criminal record. Since it is not a conviction the applicant should not be refused under paragraph 320(7A) if they fail to declare it on the application form.” [RFL10.3].

if above is correct, my minor police caution should not affect my application?

thanks.

asm77
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 visa extension with police caution

Post by asm77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello edwardhl4415,

Could you inform me what was the outcome of your application.

nl_tech
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 visa extension with police caution

Post by nl_tech » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 am

Hello asm77 & edwardhl4415,

Do you have any update on this topic? What was the outcome of the Tier 2 Visa Application with a simple police caution?