ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by Truhislo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 am

noajthan wrote:
Truhislo wrote:Hi Rahul

Good to hear you were able to contact HO. Could you please pm contact number or email you had used.
My application is deferred as well and I have been waiting for decision since 50 days.My worry is what if my aged parents need me all of a sudden and I have to travel suddenly to india.

Thanks much
No need to be selfish. Post HO contact details in public so all who may need it may benefit. After all many people are jumping into this post.
hello , not being selfish. I thought as per rule of the forum , we should not share contact details

traymond
Newly Registered

Post by traymond » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:27 am

noajthan wrote:
Truhislo wrote:Hi Rahul

Good to hear you were able to contact HO. Could you please pm contact number or email you had used.
My application is deferred as well and I have been waiting for decision since 50 days.My worry is what if my aged parents need me all of a sudden and I have to travel suddenly to india.

Thanks much
No need to be selfish. Post HO contact details in public so all who may need it may benefit. After all many people are jumping into this post.
HO Customer Service no. for ILR application - 0300 123 2241

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Finally I got my ILR after 63 days.

jan39

Post by jan39 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Premi_ILR wrote:Finally I got my ILR after 63 days.
Can you provide details of your case please? Sorry can't check the 68 pages of this post. Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 pm

jan39 wrote:Can you provide details of your case please? Sorry can't check the 68 pages of this post. Thank
you
Members are expected to be proactive.
Member has only posted 6 times; to make a start, how hard is it to click username and check their 6 posts?!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jan39

Post by jan39 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:57 pm

noajthan wrote:
jan39 wrote:Can you provide details of your case please? Sorry can't check the 68 pages of this post. Thank
you
Members are expected to be proactive.
Member has only posted 6 times; to make a start, how hard is it to click username and check their 6 posts?!
The search option for member's posts was not available before, I have already complained about it, but I can access it now, I tried it though before asking him. Anyway his 6 posts doesn't answer my question so my question still stands if you have no objection on my question at least?
It is not hard to click on a link dear noajthan.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 pm

jan39 wrote:The search option for member's posts was not available before, I have already complained about it, but I can access it now, I tried it though before asking him. Anyway his 6 posts doesn't answer my question so my question still stands if you have no objection on my question at least?
It is not hard to click on a link dear noajthan.
The point is members have busy lives, (filling in visa forms and so on); a bit of self-service and heavylifting saves you waiting for them to respond.
Some members are not forthcoming or active on the Board.

On-topic questions are permissible; veering off-topic and/or hijacking is not.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Premi_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Premi_ILR » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:13 am

jan39 wrote:
Premi_ILR wrote:Finally I got my ILR after 63 days.
Can you provide details of your case please? Sorry can't check the 68 pages of this post. Thank you
Applied for ILR on 1st week of June at Croydon. Case asked me to fill the self employment questionnaire. After about 3 hours case worker handed me the letter "You application is valid...."". Amount claimed through PAYE + Dividend. NO tax amendment and all tax paid. Previously I was on tier 1 (General) for 5 years.
Thanks

D-ferred
Newly Registered

Post by D-ferred » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,
has anyone had any updates on the most recent threads on here?

I've had an identical situation to many others on here. Applied at croydon same day, spent hours there only to be called up and given the further checks letter.

It seemed as though they were having IT issues that day as i had to give biometrics twice.

It feels like i should have had a straight forward process
Tier 2 same position and company for 5 years
All documents provided
uk degree
life in the uk test
pay slips
statements

No update or correspondence from them whatsoever. I fear Im in for the long haul until someone picks up the application and sees to it. :(

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

D-ferred wrote:Hi everyone,

I've had an identical situation to many others on here. Applied at croydon same day, spent hours there only to be called up and given the further checks letter.

It seemed as though they were having IT issues that day as i had to give biometrics twice.

All documents provided
uk degree
life in the uk test
pay slips
statements

No update or correspondence from them whatsoever. I fear Im in for the long haul until someone picks up the application and sees to it. :(
Sorry to hear about this - totally bizarre. What is your immigration history before this? Anything else that they might have picked up on? Or an immigration / history from another country? Is your employer reputable, etc...

Tier 2 is usually the most straight forward case and especially if you have been with the same employer and are paid above the SOC rate and 35k....

D-ferred
Newly Registered

Post by D-ferred » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:59 pm

silverchloride wrote:
D-ferred wrote:Hi everyone,

All documents provided
uk degree
life in the uk test
pay slips
statements

Sorry to hear about this - totally bizarre. What is your immigration history before this? Anything else that they might have picked up on? Or an immigration / history from another country? Is your employer reputable, etc...

Tier 2 is usually the most straight forward case and especially if you have been with the same employer and are paid above the SOC rate and 35k....
Thanks for trying to help on this, as I was writing to you I got my decision and the application was approved!

Just incase this helps other people on here in the future, I attended Croydon in the morning and had to sit around for 3+ hours they seemed to have an IT issue as they had to input my details in twice which was weird. I'm guessing my issue was just an IT one and the fact that I got a decision after 7 days might explain that.

I was worried that I was in for the long haul as there were no cases where people had heard back in less than a month. So I hope my case can also act as a guide that some decision won't take too long.

Good luck All

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:11 am

D-ferred wrote:
Thanks for trying to help on this, as I was writing to you I got my decision and the application was approved!

Just incase this helps other people on here in the future, I attended Croydon in the morning and had to sit around for 3+ hours they seemed to have an IT issue as they had to input my details in twice which was weird. I'm guessing my issue was just an IT one and the fact that I got a decision after 7 days might explain that.

I was worried that I was in for the long haul as there were no cases where people had heard back in less than a month. So I hope my case can also act as a guide that some decision won't take too long.

Good luck All
Oh yes that might explain it. What an absolute nightmare it must have been! I wish they have some sort of customer service departments where they atleast compensate you for the PEO appointment due to no fault of your own!

Ah well, all's well that ends well :)

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:11 am

SaiBilla wrote:Hi Forum,
I have had my PSC appointment on the 20th July 2016 at 10:30AM at Croydon. On the day, they were having IT issues and we were made to wait for 5 hours. At around 15:30 a lady called us and handed the letter which seemed to be one of their standard template "your application is valid but there are further checks need to be made on your case and as such you application is passed to a relevant team where these checks are made"
I made my application as Tier2 general with my wife as dependent application. Am with the same employer for all the time. Submitted all the requisite documents.

Does any one knows what the case workers look into, i mean what further enquiries are they looking for for a straight forward application like mine. DBS, Criminal Convictions, HMRC and any thing else.
There should be a customer charter for all these bodies in which they fulfill the requests. Does any one know how long this takes to have a result from these bodies made and pass it to UKVI.

When would more approprite to contact UKVI/ or local MP for further help in finding out about the case.

Also anyone who applied in July who have had similar issues please share your experience at Croydon PSC.

Many Thanks.
Hi All,
I have had a letter from Home Office on 8th Sept asking to submit additional payslips for the month of July and August and also the bank statements showing the salary payments for the respective months with in 14 days from the date of the letter. I was told in the letter to send them back using the enclosed label for to have a prompt service, but i have nothing in the envelope except the letter.

As i did not receive any label, I have sent the documents addressed to UKBA Croydon PSC address.

I hope that this reaches the right caseworker with-in right time and i receive a positive outcome

Harry23

Post by Harry23 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 am

Hi i went to peo on 16th aug set o.Case worker ask me to provide p60 from 2010 to 2016 within 14 days. I sent those within time. Now waiting for decision. Is anyone know how long to wait after that? Is there any contact no. Where i can find update? Please let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:48 am

Harry23 wrote:Hi i went to peo on 16th aug set o.Case worker ask me to provide p60 from 2010 to 2016 within 14 days. I sent those within time. Now waiting for decision. Is anyone know how long to wait after that? Is there any contact no. Where i can find update? Please let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

Hi Harry23,
May i ask to which address did you send those additional documents, did you address it to the case worker or the general UKBA Croydon PEO address. and when did you send them. In my case , i received a letter asking for additional payslips and i have sent them on the 12th Sept. I am still waiting to hear from them

Harry23

Post by Harry23 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:42 pm

SaiBilla wrote:
Harry23 wrote:Hi i went to peo on 16th aug set o.Case worker ask me to provide p60 from 2010 to 2016 within 14 days. I sent those within time. Now waiting for decision. Is anyone know how long to wait after that? Is there any contact no. Where i can find update? Please let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

Hi Harry23,
May i ask to which address did you send those additional documents, did you address it to the case worker or the general UKBA Croydon PEO address. and when did you send them. In my case , i received a letter asking for additional payslips and i have sent them on the 12th Sept. I am still waiting to hear from them
Hi i sent to UKBA Croydon PEO as case worker ask me to send on this address. In my case case worker ask me to provide p60 on 16th of August on my appointment date. Documents sent and recived on 30th September. Now waiting game is on. Hope for the best

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello all!

Joining your club today. Applied at Glasgow PEO, even though I live in london, just to get a decision nice and quickly, but then the following conversation with the caseworker happened:

"aren't you missing a passport here?". I explained why 1 out of 4 passports was unavailable (seized), she said "alright, but how am I supposed to believe that your absence days are accurate?" I explained that for that reason I provided a scan of it and stamps can clearly be seen. She said that a scan I could have done myself on a computer, cants trust that. She then told me that it is my responsibility to prove that I have not been absent for more than 540 days and I haven't done that. I explained how I did the best I could, requested a SAR, went through all the passports, etc. She said that she isn't satisfied that I proved to have lived here continuously, so instead of refusing me right here and now, she will conduct "some checks" and make a decision based on them. I wonder what can she check that I didn't already. It is also a great disappointment having spent £2400 and going into uncertainty for an undefined period of time.

If anyone had anything similar or just any comments to add I'd greatly appreciate it as my main thread is turning into a blog now

Thanks

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Harry23 wrote:
SaiBilla wrote:

Hi Harry23,
Hi i sent to UKBA Croydon PEO as case worker ask me to send on this address. In my case case worker ask me to provide p60 on 16th of August on my appointment date. Documents sent and received on 30th September. Now waiting game is on. Hope for the best

Hi Harry, Ii am just checking if you had any update on your application. In my case i haven't heard anything yet from them after sending them the additional documentation on the 12th of this month.

tanju0726
Newly Registered

Post by tanju0726 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 pm

I had varied my Tier 2 (General) to SET LR on 28th July at Sheffield premium service centre.

Within 45 minutes of submission they enrolled me for Biometric and asked us to wait for the decision. Around 3 hours later case worker handed a letter to my lawyer that stated mine ILR application is valid but as my current passport is pending with Tier 2 (General) application they can't make any decision on ILR in the same day. They need further inquiry....The case worker also verbally assured us, they need couple of days to find my passport to make decision.

However after 4 days later (2nd August) they refused my Tier 2 application though I had already varied it with SET LR on 28th July. On 5th August my lawyer sent couple letters to the Tier 2 and ILR department to remind them about the earlier variation and ILR application submission and also requested the case worker to make a decision on my ILR application but there were no response at all. Then he sent the 2nd letter on 22nd August and the 3rd on 16th September and requested over again to let us know a update about the ILR application but never hear any thing so far form the case worker even after 62 days of the premium service appointment.

What can I do now? An advise would be highly appreciated.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:26 am

Hi all,
I just wanted to share my experience.
I got ilr approved after 83 days in july. I applied for my premium services refund and after 22 days they replied . Because of HMRC delay they hold my apllication and cannot refund me fees. I applied for review of refund and after 1 month recieved call from UKVI and they said because they applied to HMRC for all my accounts and all years details and that took time. So as its third party delay so they cannot refund my fees.

So any body in same situation as i was. I recommend apply by post and save your premium services fees.

For more details go back to review my posts.
Thanks to all.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:44 am

Harry23 wrote:Thanks. Yes i got p60 in time. That what confusing me as well as i got extention on basis of that earning and i never thought its not on hmrc record. I do have proof of payslips, bank statements showing salary coming from company and p60. As I told company is closed and i left job in circumstances i lost my mother at that time and went to India in emergency and when i came back i was not very well due to sudden death of mother. I was not talking to anyone and was hospitalised for long time. It was very bad time it was within few days when i got extention. I am ready to pay tax and ni if i need to as I don't want to get any trouble. Do you know if there is anyway if i can pay by myself everything? Even though its not fair. My accountant says as company is closed so i can pay through sa and declare to Ho but don't know if that's right!!
Mr harry sorry to hear about all.
As per my knowledge if the earnings which you claimed during your Tier1 general (1st and extention time ) and for set(o) are same in HMRC records then u dont have to worry about in between earnings.
2nd if you have same original P60 which u submitted to UKVI during extension then I believe u dont have to worry. You can write a cover letter with old BRP or HO reference number to make sure them to check your records.
3rd only case can be if you have claimed more earnings and did not pay taxes or amended your SAs then you have to contact a good accountant and Send amended earnings which u claimed to HO and pay that taxes and get confirmation from HMRC. Then only you can save .
Please confirm with a good solicitor for more details.
Best of luck.

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Post by umerahmed » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:11 pm

k7501 wrote:Hello all!

Joining your club today. Applied at Glasgow PEO, even though I live in london, just to get a decision nice and quickly, but then the following conversation with the caseworker happened:

"aren't you missing a passport here?". I explained why 1 out of 4 passports was unavailable (seized), she said "alright, but how am I supposed to believe that your absence days are accurate?" I explained that for that reason I provided a scan of it and stamps can clearly be seen. She said that a scan I could have done myself on a computer, cants trust that. She then told me that it is my responsibility to prove that I have not been absent for more than 540 days and I haven't done that. I explained how I did the best I could, requested a SAR, went through all the passports, etc. She said that she isn't satisfied that I proved to have lived here continuously, so instead of refusing me right here and now, she will conduct "some checks" and make a decision based on them. I wonder what can she check that I didn't already. It is also a great disappointment having spent £2400 and going into uncertainty for an undefined period of time.

If anyone had anything similar or just any comments to add I'd greatly appreciate it as my main thread is turning into a blog now

Thanks

Hi K7501,

Have you heard anything from UKVI about your application yet?

Please lets us know of any updates.

thanks

k7501

Post by k7501 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:03 pm

umerahmed wrote:
k7501 wrote:Hello all!

Thanks

Hi K7501,

Have you heard anything from UKVI about your application yet?

Please lets us know of any updates.

thanks
No not yet, but should be ready this coming week... no idea what to expect

leo22
Newly Registered

Post by leo22 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:49 am

Hello Friends,

I am still waiting since 187 days. Can anyone suggest me any procedure to chase up?

Thanks

HKLodhi
Newly Registered

Post by HKLodhi » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:33 pm

It will be 8 months for me next week. There is absolutely no accountability. Wrote to the MP; Mayor; Immigration minister but still waiting. Treating us all like slaves.