ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long Term -- Help to Buy

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shiney

Tier 2 ICT Long Term -- Help to Buy

Post by shiney » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am not fully sure if this is the write forum line to post this query, kindly move the post accordingly.

I am on tier 2 ICT Long ICT and now completed more than 6 years in UK and working with a UK based as a full term employee. I have a visa for 5 years which hopefully will make me eligible for ILR in the 10 years route (not sure though if any rule changes before that).

Since these days the london rent is increasing day by day i want to move up on the property ladder. My query is does anyone knows if I will be eligible for help to buy option ?.

On the help to buy site it says it is eligible to UK resident, as per the govt definition technically we are UK resident as we are paying tax.

Does anyone has any clue about this?.

Kind Regards,
SP

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term -- Help to Buy

Post by gag285 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 am

shiney wrote:Hi Gurus,

I am not fully sure if this is the write forum line to post this query, kindly move the post accordingly.

I am on tier 2 ICT Long ICT and now completed more than 6 years in UK and working with a UK based as a full term employee. I have a visa for 5 years which hopefully will make me eligible for ILR in the 10 years route (not sure though if any rule changes before that).

Since these days the london rent is increasing day by day i want to move up on the property ladder. My query is does anyone knows if I will be eligible for help to buy option ?.

On the help to buy site it says it is eligible to UK resident, as per the govt definition technically we are UK resident as we are paying tax.

Does anyone has any clue about this?.

Kind Regards,
SP
Help to Buy is an umbrella scheme that covers a variety of schemes within itself. If you are thinking about the 20% government equity to make a 25 % deposit, you will not be eligible until you are free of immigration control i.e. ILR. You may however, be eligible for Shared Ownership based on your personal circumstance and the Housing Association's eligibility rules.

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term -- Help to Buy

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:12 am

Not an immigration question per se; moved to Settling In forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.