ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did anyone or is anyone using an agent?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Did anyone or is anyone using an agent?

Post by pyke » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Hello

Was wondering if anyone used or is going to use an agent to apply? It sounds tempting but they are quite expensive. Any advise?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:46 pm

yeah I dont like them either
but you go in and see if they have many listings that fit your criteria, if they don't have a lot, then you know to try someone else.
When you find a realtor that seems to have a lot in the vicinity, then I guess you got to ante up and go for it
otherwise its gumtree
but let me tell you there are so many scammers on that board it is sickening.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Hiya,

If you meant applying for HSMP: You will find enough information on this board to enable you to apply without the help of an agent. If you still have queries, you may post them on the forum and get an assured reply, normally within 24 hours. Agents are costly and they don't provide a great deal of info. Most of them don't even know the complete process themselves. So I'd suggest you to avoid them, if possible. The final decision is all yours.

If you meant looking for a home in the UK: You don't have to pay the agent if you are a tenant. They get paid by the landlord. You could also try the numerous property sites on the net. Give it a try - you'll get amazing results.

Cheers.

December31

Axis is perpendicular to x-axis!

Post by December31 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:11 am

Do not go to agent whose name is 'axis is perpendicular to x-axis!'. They do not check the applications case by case, they will give you a check list for documents(which is same for everyone , they do not see what docs that case needs), write cover letters ( which is also same for everyone ) and they charge 50K for it. If you do not get visa they will refund 10K, and keep 40k in their pocket, how wonderful.