ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for document certifying PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sdiamond
Newly Registered

Bank statements for document certifying PR

Post by sdiamond » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi there

I am about to submit all the documentation needed to obtain a document certifying my permanent residency as an EEA citizen. My problem is that I don't have original bank statements as I've always used online bank statements. I called the bank and asked them to send me copies, which they did, but they were not marked as "Duplicate" and they are just standard black and white copies. I have taken these to the bank and they stamped the first page of every monthly bank statement (they said that stamping all of the pages would have been too time consuming and they refused). Would this be sufficient? I am also sending my P60's, letter confirming employment, and council tax bills for all of the 5 years.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statements for document certifying PR

Post by Noetic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Can you get them produced and stamped at a local branch? That's what I did but not all banks do this.

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi

We had the same problem last month; i was banking with First Direct (HSBC) a few years back and then swapped to Barclays; i printed the relevant First Direct Statements and popped in to an HSBC branch; they said they do not offer the service so had to phone FD and they posted me Duplicate Statements (not printouts - they use original headed paper just somewhere it says duplicate) then i printed Barclays statements and popped into a branch where they stamped all pages. To be on the safe side you should ask them to stamp every page where it shows transactions.

buktais

Post by buktais » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi, why are you sending these bank statements for? PR form actually says that applicants need to send proof of residence (like bills, statements, gp letters etc) 2items for each year spacing them every 6months. It also states letters should be from different sources so bank statements-only might not be good enough. just as council tax bills only

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:03 pm

This is what I sent for each year:

2 x bank statements (so two months; I also sent payslips for these two months and in fact I stapled them together)
1 x council tax bill
1 x electricity bill

I sent them a letter explaining what I had sent to prove residency for every one of the years and numbered the documents.

yellowcat
Newly Registered

Post by yellowcat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:26 pm

I am also preparing documents. When you all talking about bank statements, are they the recent ones? Can one request a bank to print out 5 or 4 or 3 year old statements?

Also, are you attaching all the pages? I am thinking to attach front page (with name and address) and only the page with salary figure. I don't think they need all other pages with expenses, do they?

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:08 pm

yellowcat wrote:I am also preparing documents. When you all talking about bank statements, are they the recent ones? Can one request a bank to print out 5 or 4 or 3 year old statements?

Also, are you attaching all the pages? I am thinking to attach front page (with name and address) and only the page with salary figure. I don't think they need all other pages with expenses, do they?
I had original bank statements and sent all the pages for the relevant months (two per year). Did not want to create issues by not sending all the pages / documents. Anyway, I do not think they would waste time checking how we spend our money...

I kept an inventory-like list for my own use and I have been able to confirm they have sent me back all the documents. I think it is key to send all the documents in order and correctly identified; this way it will be easier for them to process and also for us when trying to ascertain if everything we sent has been returned to us. With this list it only took me 5 minutes to check everything was in order once I got my DCPR. Only the application form, the photos and a letter from my current employer were not returned, as expected.

Btw, I had an eon bill which looked like a photocopy (different paper and ink, although I do not remember having photocopied it); I also sent that one and it was accepted as one of the proofs of residence.

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 am

yellowcat wrote:I am also preparing documents. When you all talking about bank statements, are they the recent ones? Can one request a bank to print out 5 or 4 or 3 year old statements?

They will want to see a "sample" of statements from each year from the last 5 years ; they claim that two from each year will be enough but i enclosed 3 or 4 just to be on the safe side - and yes you should enclose all pages with transactions as this will prove that you were living in the UK.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:28 pm

I've always been paperless with my banks so I just phoned Lloyds asking them to send me the entire July statement for the last 6 years, which they did.

They were not stamped or marked in any way, and they looked like they could have just been printed at home.

They were accepted without problem.

yellowcat
Newly Registered

Post by yellowcat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 pm

ohara wrote:I've always been paperless with my banks so I just phoned Lloyds asking them to send me the entire July statement for the last 6 years, which they did.

They were not stamped or marked in any way, and they looked like they could have just been printed at home.

They were accepted without problem.
Thank you for that! I will try to get the same from my bank.