ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partial Refund received for IMM Healthcare Surcharge

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

businessmen aces
India

Partial Refund received for IMM Healthcare Surcharge

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm

I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa extension 2 main applicants and 5 dependents

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Today received partial refund of IMM Healthcare Surcharge @ £ 200 per application. What does that mean is the visa approved ?

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: Partial Refund received for IMM Healthcare Surcharge

Post by cappachino » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:17 pm

businessmen aces wrote:I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa extension 2 main applicants and 5 dependents

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Today received partial refund of IMM Healthcare Surcharge @ £ 200 per application. What does that mean is the visa approved ?
Did you receive it in the same bank account from where you paid ?

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 am

businessmen aces wrote:I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa extension 2 main applicants and 5 dependents

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Yes, it would mean your visa has been approved, congratulations!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:26 am

It means nothing to be honest. Wait to hear from HO. Several months ago there was a case where the applicant got the refund and was refused later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:43 am

Keep us updated please

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:02 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Today i received a letter from HO saying that for one of my employees I did not provide passport copy or Full Birth Certificate. If i need to claim full points for that employee i need to provide them with Full Birth Certificate which has minimum one parent name so that it can be confirmed that my employee is a UK Citizen or has right to work in UK.
I had about 11- 12 different employees who worked for me on different times and in total i provided employment for about 4350 hours and this employee has worked for about 1200 hours. I could not provide her passport copy because my employee does not have a passport she has never travelled abroad i send her Short birth certificate , Driving Licence and National Insurance Number card.
Now HO has given me 14 days to send the missing documents failing which they will consider my application without counting hours of this employee. If they remove these 1200 hours i will be left with only 3150 hours and i need minimum 3120.
Today i applied for this employees full birth certificate by using priority service should get it in 3 days. Full uk issued birth certificate will have her parents name and prove she is uk citizen. I hope home office accepts this evidence as it is clearly written in home office letter to send passport copy or copy of full birth certificate. The short birth certificate that i send is not acceptable proof of my employee being uk citizen.
They send some green label to send with the letter so letter goes to the correct case worker.
I think it is my solicitors fault they should have advised me about this when they checked my files.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:11 pm

cappachino wrote:

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Did you receive it in the same bank account from where you paid ?
yes

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 pm

businessmen aces wrote:
ukbusiness2016 wrote:

I applied on 29th June
Fees deducted 4th July

Today i received a letter from HO saying that for one of my employees I did not provide passport copy or Full Birth Certificate. If i need to claim full points for that employee i need to provide them with Full Birth Certificate which has minimum one parent name so that it can be confirmed that my employee is a UK Citizen or has right to work in UK.
I think it is my solicitors fault they should have advised me about this when they checked my files.
Clearly a refund does not intimate success.

And poor solicitor (or poor choice of solicitor) will cut no ice with HO/UKVI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Very lucky that they have given you a chance to provide the correct document. Best of luck.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:45 pm

My Solicitors just received this letter from HO

Your Client Claimed points for employing British or settled people in United Kingdom. Your Client has provided the following documents for XYZ
1. Copy of Short Term Birth Certificate
2. A copy of Provisional Driving Licence
3. A copy of National Insurance Card

Paragraph 46-SD (h) ( iv) of Appendix A of the immigration is as follows
( iv ) documents which shows the employee is a settled worker such as the biometric data of a passport containing photograph and personal details of the employee, and where the worker is an overseas national , a copy of any UK Government Stamp or endorsement within the passport or employees full birth certificate , showing the name of at least one parent; and

The evidence your client provided does not show that XYZ is a settled or British person working in the United Kingdom and is therefore unsatisfactory for the award of points . Please arrange with your client to provide us with evidence that XYZ nationality and or immigration status. You should provide the evidence within 14 days by returning it with green label provided.

If the required documents are not provided within 14 days your client application will be decided based on the information we have received.

I had about 11-12 different employees who worked for me during this period and only for this employee passport copy was missing as she did not have a UK Passport she never travelled out of country. Now 8 months back this employee has left job and does not work for us. But today i managed to get hold or her asked her mother name and place of birth and applied her Full UK Birth certificate using Priority service and they promised us that we should receive it within next 2 working days. Will this document will prove that the employee is UK Citizen ??.

I got my Tier 1 visa in march 2013 and was required to create employment for 3120 hours but i summited documents for about 4350 hours and out of which the employ in question worked for about 1200 hours .

After i send full birth certificate with parents name will i get points ? The letter does not have any other query does it mean that all other things are ok and visa will be granted if i send missing documents please advice thanks a lot for your help.

We need our passports asap to make urgent business travels without passport its very difficult to run business.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

sm12 wrote:Very lucky that they have given you a chance to provide the correct document. Best of luck.
Thanks

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:37 pm

That's a good change from HO as they could have just refused the case as they have done with many others but they have given you opportunity to put it right.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi All,

also applied in mid May, extension route 50k.

Received part refund of £200 mid this week. Applied by myself only, no dependants. Now i guess a waiting game to receive a letter and docs/ visa? unlikely that it might be a non-positive scenario i tihnk.

Thanks for any views!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi sky-rise
Have you been to an interview as you
applied in mid may. What was your timeline please
Thanks
iR

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:07 am

irana2015 wrote:Hi sky-rise
Have you been to an interview as you
applied in mid may. What was your timeline please
Thanks
iR
hi irana2015,

there was no interview - only 14 weeks waiting after submission and biometrics two weeks after the acknowledgement letter.

ali31

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 am

My visa application was refused on 12th August and I got refund on 15th. Like zimba said partial refund from IMM doesn't mean your application is approved. I submitted review a week ago, hoping for best. Need prayers. Thanks

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:09 am

ali31 wrote:My visa application was refused on 12th August and I got refund on 15th. Like zimba said partial refund from IMM doesn't mean your application is approved. I submitted review a week ago, hoping for best. Need prayers. Thanks
hi thanks for the note. did you get partial refund on 15th, or full refund?

Hope this will work out for the best for you!

SR

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:45 am

@ali31
Good luck with your review.

On the 12th August did you got the letter in the post or it was datdated 12th August
If yes when did u received the post.
This will probably help us identify the time frame of partial refund and letter received
Regards

ali31

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:51 pm

sky_rise wrote:
ali31 wrote:My visa application was refused on 12th August and I got refund on 15th. Like zimba said partial refund from IMM doesn't mean your application is approved. I submitted review a week ago, hoping for best. Need prayers. Thanks

SR
I received partial refund

ali31

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:53 pm

JamesBlack wrote:@ali31

On the 12th August did you got the letter in the post or it was datdated 12th August
If yes when did u received the post.
This will probably help us identify the time frame of partial refund and letter received
Regards
Thanks James. My decision was made on 12th August. I received letter on 15th August. I think IMM refund and home office decision is not synced.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:03 pm

ali31 wrote:
sky_rise wrote:

SR
I received partial refund
thanks. that is absolutely crazy. how can they process partial refund then in such case? Gov.uk clearly states that partial refund should mean successful case.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi Ali31,
Why did they refuse you? Did they call you for interview or it was a straight refusal?

ali31

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:15 pm

sky_rise wrote:
thanks. that is absolutely crazy. how can they process partial refund then in such case? Gov.uk clearly states that partial refund should mean successful case.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
I think my case is different. They charged for 3 years and whereas T1 E extension is for 2 years.

ali31

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:24 pm

thutmose wrote:Hi Ali31,
Why did they refuse you? Did they call you for interview or it was a straight refusal?
No interview. I am really trying to understand why they refused my visa application. Their reasons does not justify their own decision.

They said my employees hours are not equivalent to two full time positions. They mentioned that the total hours are 2740 hours instead of 3120 hours. They haven't given any reason why they didn't include all hours. REALLY NO REASON! I submitted RTI, payslips, P11, P45, P30s and accountant letter. My total employees hours are 3204.

Second refusal reason, they said I have only invested £34K. Whereas I have spent £22K more in addition to £34K. I also included director loan certificate (which they acknowledged in the letter) and accountant letter.

They have acknowledged employees, RTI, director loan and yet they rejected my application without any reason.

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Sorry to hear that. If you have used multiple employees they must have incorrectly added your total hours.
Hope you have explained properly on your admin review.