ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA QP application confusion and no expiry date.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edi1165
Newly Registered

EEA QP application confusion and no expiry date.

Post by edi1165 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello everyone long time lurker here finally decided to create account and ask few questions regarding my application.

I've applied for a EEA Qualified Person residency card, I've been living in UK for 9 years now but I had some gaps here and there that's why I've applied for QP instead of RP just in case it gets rejected, (I want to apply for PR later).

I've sent all documents exactly one month ago, and after 3 weeks I've sent application to get my documents back, my passport, payslips etc. which takes about 10 working days, I need them as I'm going on holiday outside Europe soon. About 4 days later I've received an e-mail from Home Office saying that they working on my application and it should take up to 6 months, fine.

Today I've received a letter by post with all my documents + a blueish foldable card with 6 small pages with my photo in it titled "UK Residence documentation for a national of an EEA state" on the front page.

Now the question is why there is no expiry date on it? Also the "remark" section is empty.
Is this the actual residency card? Or is it just the temporary one while they are working on the proper one, which they said will take up to 6 months?

At the back there is an instruction saying, I quote "The vignette placed on page 4 of this document will clearly state whether the holder is in possession of a Registration Certificate or a Document Certifying Permanent Residence". There is no such information anywhere on the card, the only information at the top of the cards"sticker/vignette" says "Residence documentation". I tried to call them but I've gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes so I decided to ask here.

It's all so confusing, did the Home Office gave me PR card instead of the temporary one for QP? Is it possible because I've been in UK for almost 9 years now?

Thank you for all the help in advance.

noajthan

Re: EEA QP application confusion and no expiry date.

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm

How bizarre.

is it anything like the document shown here on page 15?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf

If there is no vignette then, as per my understanding, its (probably) invalid - so its unclear what or why you have received that card.

Give it a couple of weeks then you could apply for a SAR from UKVI to see what is on file about you in HO CID databank. There may be a clue about your status there.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:38 pm

The 'QP' registration certificate / residence card is issued like that now, as a vignette stuck on a trifold piece of blue cardboard (or pink if you are Swiss).

The DCPR is the same but the wording is different. RC should say the type of document is a "Registration Certificate" or "Residence Card of an EEA national". They keep changing the damn things all the time.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:11 pm

They have issued you with a Registration Certificate (QP).

The latest design has the front page slightly changed (to accommodate HO's new logo) and the Remarks section on the vignette is indeed empty. There's no expriration date. Looks like a Registration Certificate (QP).

edi1165
Newly Registered

Post by edi1165 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:34 am

Ok I got little bit worried. Thanks for clarifying this. So I don't need to renew it as it has no expiration date?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 am

No reason why it would expire. It's not a visa after all. It only confirms your status at the time of application too (you could receive the RC and then immediately stop being a QP).

The cards given to non-EEA citizens have an expiry date as they are biometric format and the security measures are upgraded every now and then, so they need to issue new cards.