ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to access site with mobile

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Petem

Unable to access site with mobile

Post by Petem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:16 pm

It appears that you have had a two day block on mobile users with O2. Stating permently blocked on ip address registered to O2. Not the first time but never for this length of time before. Will this be removed? Sent via tesco wifi

Petem

Re: Unable to access site with mobile

Post by Petem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:34 pm

The blocked public ip address is 82.132.224.75 belonging to Telefonica O2 UK

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 pm

This isn't implemented by the administrators of the forum and neither do they have any control over the blocking. It's a mobile O2 issue....in fact fellow moderator CR001 has experienced the same problem for some time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Yes, it has been months that I am unable to access the site on 4G with my O2 mobile. No issues when on wifi though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:54 am

yes I found the same using o2 mobile data ! first I thought they blocked me :evil:

definitely moderators knows very much about, how this forum works and the inside :) but this is very much unlikely that this blocking from o2 as the website is coming but actions/ topic is restricted. Usually if ISP block then they can block the website completely and different message should come.

I think administrator must know about this. for some reason administrator may be blocked the content access from o2 or may be block the IP series with 82.132.xx.xx

if it is not intentional blocking then it could be also that, to block a specific user (specific IP) by mistake 82.132.xx.xx series blocked.

this is not argument just my understanding, which could be wrong. :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 am

I am on O2 and a moderator and I can't access on my mobile. No one "blocked" me and no IPS as such has been blocked for O2. It is what it is
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 am

I do understand that none blocked me, also I am 100% sure that you are facing the same issue. Only trying to say that the pattern of the issue does not seem to be because of o2 and its from the administrator of this board (who manage the hosting of the site/server where it host), even if it is not intentional.

thanks for looking on this matter.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:50 am

I have the same issue too on O2 and can't access board, states the IP has been banned.

Raised the issue here a while ago:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 01049.html

Try using a proxy server if you need access to the forums.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:11 pm

WR1 wrote:I have the same issue too on O2 and can't access board, states the IP has been banned.

Raised the issue here a while ago:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 01049.html

Try using a proxy server if you need access to the forums.
thanks for the post link. actually just was wondering to know but not much affected as wifi works :D
found valid answer
noajthan wrote: I understand the forum (or perhaps the forum hosting service) uses various blacklists (eg Barracuda Central);
it maybe the IP in question is in a range that is (for whatever reason) listed on such a list.
this blocking is not something o2 block this but from forum end/hosting end its blocked. However, there may be reason which administrator know and can do so.

But I am quite sure site administrator will not say this is blocked from o2 or its o2 issue.