ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keth001
Sri Lanka

Post by keth001 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi naojthan,

My topic was locked and your comment is "So OP's post has been well and truly hijacked."

I am new to this forum and honestly can not understand why it is locked (anything relates to my post) or the meaning of your comment. What is OP means?

secret.simon

Re: locked

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:42 pm

OP means "Original Poster", the person who starts the thread.

In the case of your thread, although you started the thread about your issue, somebody else hijacked it and others were responding to their questions, not yours. In that sense, it was hijacked.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Split and unlocked topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Thanks Vinny.
Was coming back to it, you're one step ahead as ever.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.