ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaysingh2k
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by jaysingh2k » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Application Date : 27-07-2016
VFS Center: London Goswell Road
Date of acknowledgement : 28-07-2016
Original docs Received : 30-07-2016
Documents Printing Status: Processed) : UNDER-PROCESS
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI :
Document received At London:
Passport Submitted in person :
Passport and OCI document received :

Still waiting for Printing Status to change, hope it doesn't take too long. Do you find out by checking status online everyday, or do they actually email/text you on time?

Also, do I need to make an appointment online go in to hand in the passport, or can I turn up any time during their opening hours?

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 am

jaysingh2k wrote: Still waiting for Printing Status to change, hope it doesn't take too long. Do you find out by checking status online everyday, or do they actually email/text you on time?

Also, do I need to make an appointment online go in to hand in the passport, or can I turn up any time during their opening hours?
Hi
I have one that is dated 20th July for acknowledgement and under-process status.... Hopefully mine will change next week and urs next week or week after... I check online as i have ended up with emails & text for other peoples application and none of mine. No appointment needed for handing in passport - anytime should be fine, but did my previous two in mornings

dude_123

Post by dude_123 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 am

VFS Center: MANCHESTER
Mission: BIRMINGHAM
Application Date: 08/08/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 10/08/2016
Original docs Received: 18/08/2016
Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI:
Document received At BIRMINGHAM:
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Manchester):
SMS/Email received:
Passport and OCI booklet Received:

has anybody recently applied through BIRMINGHAM? please post your experience on timeline.

softsword

Post by softsword » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:32 am

Application Date : 14-07-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 15-07-2016
Original docs Received : Original documents were not submitted as they said that it was not required

It has been 50 days since I applied and i really have no idea what is happening with my application.

Is there a way to check and find out what is going on?

jaysingh2k
Newly Registered

Post by jaysingh2k » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:47 pm

jsh wrote:
jaysingh2k wrote: Still waiting for Printing Status to change, hope it doesn't take too long. Do you find out by checking status online everyday, or do they actually email/text you on time?

Hi
I have one that is dated 20th July for acknowledgement and under-process status.... Hopefully mine will change next week and urs next week or week after... I check online as i have ended up with emails & text for other peoples application and none of mine. No appointment needed for handing in passport - anytime should be fine, but did my previous two in mornings
Hi JSH,

Let me know as soon as hear/get any progress as it does get me thinking the longer it takes, the more complicated it seems for them, tracing back to confirm who we are and our identitys. Although the fee is refundable if for "some reason" I am not eligible for OCI, even providing all the full required documents. A 6 months visa will then only be my option left.

tushar_mars

Post by tushar_mars » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:02 pm

softsword wrote:Application Date : 14-07-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 15-07-2016
Original docs Received : Original documents were not submitted as they said that it was not required

It has been 50 days since I applied and i really have no idea what is happening with my application.

Is there a way to check and find out what is going on?
Hello Softsword, mine was 2 days before urs 13.07.2016 (52 days, probably the unlucky 13 curse i believe :) ) and the status is still "UNDER-PROCESS". I've emailed both helpdesk-oci@gov.in as well as VFS helpdesk regarding this and no luck. No reply from gov.in however had a reply from vfs helpdesk saying that the processing times remains solely at the discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates. So believe we are on our own and have to wait. Do let me know once yours is processed. Good luck.

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:06 pm

jaysingh2k wrote:
jsh wrote:

Hi
Hi JSH,

Let me know as soon as hear/get any progress as it does get me thinking the longer it takes, the more complicated it seems for them, tracing back to confirm who we are and our identitys. Although the fee is refundable if for "some reason" I am not eligible for OCI, even providing all the full required documents. A 6 months visa will then only be my option left.

Mine change yesterday evening :-) And got sent today + arrived today lol

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Date Of Acknowledgment 14-JUL-2016
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 18-AUG-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 19-AUG-2016
Document received At LONDON On 19-AUG-2016

Date Of Acknowledgment 20-JUL-2016
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 30-AUG-2016
Document received At LONDON On 30-AUG-2016

softsword

Post by softsword » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 pm

jsh wrote:
jaysingh2k wrote:
jsh wrote:
Hi
Hi JSH,

Lucky you!
Did you get any email/SMS notification or you found out just by checking the status online?

softsword

Post by softsword » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Also wondering if they change the status only around the working hours in India or as well in UK working hours also?

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 pm

I am also waiting for long.
2 applications:
1. Renewal OCI for kid: 13/07/16
still under process

2. First time OCI for kid :20/7/16
still under process

Both born in India

Some lazy B***ds sitting there not bothering to do any work as usual. Hope they clear this week. Only interested in our money.

arwa.dholkawala
Newly Registered

Post by arwa.dholkawala » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:26 pm

I have one query. Appreciate if someone can answer the same. OCI application form has a question ' have you ever changed your name' and if one checks the same it asks for previous name and surname. Do we need to put in the maiden name here (in the previous surname field)  as surname is changed after marriage?

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 am

softsword wrote:
jsh wrote:
jaysingh2k wrote: Hi JSH,

Lucky you!
Did you get any email/SMS notification or you found out just by checking the status online?
No emails or SMS for any of mine (i did 3 at different times and 3 different contact numbers and emails). I just checked online.

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:57 am

softsword wrote:Also wondering if they change the status only around the working hours in India or as well in UK working hours also?
I dont think its working times only. (Might be a program running to collect the details at certain times and updating the status). i usually checked at 9:30am and then at about 6pm (UK timing).

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 am

arwa.dholkawala wrote:I have one query. Appreciate if someone can answer the same. OCI application form has a question ' have you ever changed your name' and if one checks the same it asks for previous name and surname. Do we need to put in the maiden name here (in the previous surname field)  as surname is changed after marriage?
If you are sending documents that show the maiden name etc then yes you do need to populate this details with that information...
E.g marriage certificate would show this details, so therefore this details needs to be there so that they can matchup and the whole link of your history telly up. Hope that helps and answers you query.

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 am

pbs6vas wrote:I am also waiting for long.
2 applications:
still under process

still under process

Both born in India

Some lazy B***ds sitting there not bothering to do any work as usual. Hope they clear this week. Only interested in our money.
Language MR!!! :shock: :shock: there are kids around :lol:

Be positive and positive things happens

arwa.dholkawala
Newly Registered

Post by arwa.dholkawala » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:43 pm

jsh wrote:
arwa.dholkawala wrote:I have one query. Appreciate if someone can answer the same. OCI application form has a question ' have you ever changed your name' and if one checks the same it asks for previous name and surname. Do we need to put in the maiden name here (in the previous surname field)  as surname is changed after marriage?
If you are sending documents that show the maiden name etc then yes you do need to populate this details with that information...
E.g marriage certificate would show this details, so therefore this details needs to be there so that they can matchup and the whole link of your history telly up. Hope that helps and answers you query.
Thanks for your response. Yes my naturalisation certificate does show my previous surname. Hence as per your comments I will add these details on the form. Thanks again !!

softsword

Post by softsword » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

this is insane waiting without knowing what is happening out there.. especially when the applications sent 5 days after mine were processed, there do not seem to be a order in which they process...

it is more worrying because i have got my tickets books for 13th of Sep :cry:

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:48 pm

jsh wrote:
pbs6vas wrote:I am also waiting for long.
2 applications:
still under process

still under process

Both born in India

Language MR!!! :shock: :shock: there are kids around :lol:

Be positive and positive things happens
I don't have any immediate travel plans. But it is frustrating to wait. Now the new rules can make anyone eligible for OCI if they can spell OCI and tell which country it is related to!!!...Lol. So the chaps there are bit confused to process applications.
The truth is that they got our money and should eventually do it.........No escape for them either

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

softsword wrote:this is insane waiting without knowing what is happening out there.. especially when the applications sent 5 days after mine were processed, there do not seem to be a order in which they process...

it is more worrying because i have got my tickets books for 13th of Sep :cry:
I also applied at the same time. The guys there haven't done their Maths at school. Hence, the problem. Hopefully the applications to be processed by the end of this week. You might get yours in hand by 11 sep atmost. All the best

softsword

Post by softsword » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:15 pm

i will wait until tomorrow to see the status change otherwise, i am thinking of the entry visa route... which can be applied for a year...

see this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 96500.html

it is 1 year old though.. anybody hav any idea if this method is still there and the processing time is as soon as he has mentioned?

tushar_mars

Post by tushar_mars » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 am

tushar_mars wrote:
Application Date : 12-07-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 13-07-2016
Original docs Received : 20-07-2016
Documents Printing Status :
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON :
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED :
Hello everyone,

It's been more than 42 days since I submitted my OCI application however the status still shows as UNDER-PROCESS. Is this normal for processing to take so long and the worrying bit is that I've got plans to travel in mid-September.

Any reply would greatly help.Thanks.

Tushar
People, after days and days of waiting my application has finally been processed today

Documents Printing Status : 01-09-2016

tushar_mars

Post by tushar_mars » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 pm

tushar_mars wrote:
tushar_mars wrote:
Documents Printing Status :
Hello everyone,

It's been more than 42 days since I submitted my OCI application however the status still shows as UNDER-PROCESS. Is this normal for processing to take so long and the worrying bit is that I've got plans to travel in mid-September.

Any reply would greatly help.Thanks.

Tushar
People, after days and days of waiting my application has finally been processed today

Looks like Christmas has come early for me, morning it was only processed with today's date but by 4pm the document has arrived in London. Hope everyone's status changes soon as well.

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : 01-09-2016
Document received At London: 01-09-2016

skumar26
Newly Registered

Post by skumar26 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Date of acknowledgement : 20-07-2016
Documents Printing Status : UNDER-PROCESS

I have been waiting for so long and it is so frustrating :(

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 am

softsword wrote:i will wait until tomorrow to see the status change otherwise, i am thinking of the entry visa route... which can be applied for a year...

see this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 96500.html

it is 1 year old though.. anybody hav any idea if this method is still there and the processing time is as soon as he has mentioned?
Hi
Advice would be to email them and ask. Usually if your status doesnt change sameish time as other people with same dates (so currently if acknowledgment date is before 14 July) then there is usually a problem with the application (they say they have email - but email never seem to get to the correct person). Atleast thats what i have noticed in this thread over the last 3 years....
Last edited by jsh on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.