ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year employment hisyort

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jgorf

10 year employment hisyort

Post by Jgorf » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:44 pm

With regards to the 10 year employment history,
Do I have to provide evidence to backup the period employment I have stated on the AN form?

tiredoftiers

Re: 10 year employment hisyort

Post by tiredoftiers » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:50 pm

following guidance YES it also entails what can be provided for the evidence purpose

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Jgorf wrote:With regards to the 10 year employment history,
Do I have to provide evidence to backup the period employment I have stated on the AN form?
You just have to vouch for the veracity of information submitted.
Ofcourse HO won't necessarily believe you and they will crosscheck and verify everything anyway.

You now have to prove evidence of NI payments for up to 10 years too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:25 am

Many thanks for your responses

I have been reading through recent posts on this forum to see what docs other provided. And have read NCS refusing to take the docs provided as proof of employments. Some also stated they haven't provided if at all.

When I fist came to uk , I was on a 2 year working holiday with work restricted to 1 year. I worked for a total of 11 m'onths on and off through an umbrella company .And sadly have destroyed copies of the all payslips.

The umbrella company no longer have copies of the payslips as this was 8 years ago. But the umbrella company said they can give a letter that showed the period I worked with them( which totals 13 months, same dates also shows on the employment history I got from HMRC 2 years ago) .

The issue is that within those 13 month period thy have on their system as the times I worked, there were period of 2 months I was out of the country (exit and entry stamps in passport).

My bank were exceptionally kind to send my statements covering these periods 8 years ago. And the statement shows all those times I worked.

Apologies for the long story. But my concern is that, I am sure HO would check with HMRC to confirm I didn't work for more that 12 months when I had that visa. Hmrc record , seem to show the period I was with the umbrella company and not the weeks I works cos I was being paid weekly.

I am more than willing to supply all the evidence I have acquired with my application. But worried NCS will decline to take it. Which may cause problems for me.

What do you suggest please ?

Also , Noajthan, you mentioned that HO also requires evidence of NI, not sure I saw that only the form , please what sort of thing should I be using to prove this? I have P60 for the past 5 years cox it's been with the same employer?

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Interestingly, this NI payment requirement was added in June 2016 when the AN guidance was updated. I just can't understand why out of blue HO needs last 10 yr evidence and how they can expect someone to keep his payslips,P60s forever lol Its the job of HMRC

I think just let the HO to chase with HMRC if they are concerned about your employment history. Even HO need anything from you they will write to you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:46 pm

riz1986 wrote:Interestingly, this NI payment requirement was added in June 2016 when the AN guidance was updated. I just can't understand why out of blue HO needs last 10 yr evidence and how they can expect someone to keep his payslips,P60s forever lol Its the job of HMRC

I think just let the HO to chase with HMRC if they are concerned about your employment history. Even HO need anything from you they will write to you.
Don't make the costly mistake of assuming that the HO will do all the legwork. If the correct documentation isn't submitted, the application may well be refused. The Case Worker isn't under any obligation to chase up missing evidence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.