ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 switch - two offers (advice)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eduleal

Tier 2 switch - two offers (advice)

Post by eduleal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 am

Hi all,

I'm currently employed in the UK and on a Tier 2 visa and funnily enough I received two job offers from other employers this week.

They are both willing to sponsor me to SWITCH SPONSOR and take the resident labour test, as they're both positions that have been advertised for over 6 months and require highly specific skills.

The tricky bit is -
One of them is already a licensed A-rated sponsor with an in-house International Mobility department.
The other is NOT, so they would have to apply for a sponsorship licence before being able to process anything else.

I don't have that much time before my current visa expires (January 2017).

My question is simple -
Would you say it is A LOT riskier to start the process with the company that isn't a licensed sponsor yet?
i.e. would it take a lot longer and could more things go wrong?

Unfortunately, it turns out the company that isn't a sponsor would offer a much higher salary and the position is much more attractive overall.

I know it's one of those "good problems to have" and a decision would take several factors into consideration, but if I can get some thoughts on this that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

dragon098
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 switch - two offers (advice)

Post by dragon098 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Eduleal,

As far as I know though I am not as lucky as you, what I know is that my current employer where A Rated Sponsor but due to no needing anyone to sponsor they didn't update and weren't sponsor anymore. When I joined this company, they said they would apply for sponsor once more and luckily it took only 1 week and my employer were in A Rated Sponsor list again.

However, my friend who worked in different company, his employer were very new and it took them few months, I forgot exactly how much time it took but people from HO visited their site and took sometime but it did work.

Now I think it is all your choice, how much time you have, how much risk you want to take.

Anyways best of luck

Regards,
dragon