ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partial Refund received for IMM Healthcare Surcharge

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ali31

Re: Partial Refund received for IMM Healthcare Surcharge

Post by ali31 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 pm

thutmose wrote:Sorry to hear that. If you have used multiple employees they must have incorrectly added your total hours.
Hope you have explained properly on your admin review.
Good luck with your review.
Thank you. I am hoping same.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:00 pm

ali31 wrote:
thutmose wrote:Hi Ali31,
Why did they refuse you? Did they call you for interview or it was a straight refusal?
No interview. I am really trying to understand why they refused my visa application. Their reasons does not justify their own decision.

They said my employees hours are not equivalent to two full time positions. They mentioned that the total hours are 2740 hours instead of 3120 hours. They haven't given any reason why they didn't include all hours. REALLY NO REASON! I submitted RTI, payslips, P11, P45, P30s and accountant letter. My total employees hours are 3204.

Second refusal reason, they said I have only invested £34K. Whereas I have spent £22K more in addition to £34K. I also included director loan certificate (which they acknowledged in the letter) and accountant letter.

They have acknowledged employees, RTI, director loan and yet they rejected my application without any reason.
Can you please start your own thread so we can discuss your refusal case ? I am quite interested about employment created and your investment.
As I looked on the forum, you previously posted some incorrect interpretations of the rules regarding employment before you applied: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1295363
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:48 pm

ali31 wrote:
sky_rise wrote:
thanks. that is absolutely crazy. how can they process partial refund then in such case? Gov.uk clearly states that partial refund should mean successful case.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
I think my case is different. They charged for 3 years and whereas T1 E extension is for 2 years.
i think it is the same. we are all charged for 3 years instead of two for T1 E Extension. Hence the refund of £200. So they should refund the whole £600. what happens with another £400??
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

ali31

Post by ali31 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:13 pm

@Zimba, I followed your suggestion regarding employees hours. I will create my own thread today.

@sky_rise I have 2 dependents that's why I got £600

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm

sky_rise wrote:
irana2015 wrote:Hi sky-rise
Have you been to an interview as you
applied in mid may. What was your timeline please
Thanks
iR
hi irana2015,

there was no interview - only 14 weeks waiting after submission and biometrics two weeks after the acknowledgement letter.

Hi Sky_rise,

Did you any letter from Home office after receiving IHS refund ?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:19 pm

lavildhillon wrote:
sky_rise wrote:
irana2015 wrote:Hi sky-rise
Have you been to an interview as you
applied in mid may. What was your timeline please
Thanks
iR
hi irana2015,

there was no interview - only 14 weeks waiting after submission and biometrics two weeks after the acknowledgement letter.

Hi Sky_rise,

Did you any letter from Home office after receiving IHS refund ?
nope, it's been 10 days since it was credited to my bank account and i am still waiting for the letter. moreover, i called them every day since then to get an update on the case - they say it is still pending (the decision on the application) and there was no letter posted/ decision not made. So advised to keep waiting. If you wish to call them directly dial 0300 123 2241, choose options made in country application and then waiting period extended normal 8 weeks. Then you get connected to an agent and you give them your case ref number, country of birth, DOB, full name. they will update you. I also wrote them an official letter in the post.

good luck! what is your situation?

all the best to all of us!

SR

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:32 pm

nope, it's been 10 days since it was credited to my bank account and i am still waiting for the letter. moreover, i called them every day since then to get an update on the case - they say it is still pending (the decision on the application) and there was no letter posted/ decision not made. So advised to keep waiting. If you wish to call them directly dial 0300 123 2241, choose options made in country application and then waiting period extended normal 8 weeks. Then you get connected to an agent and you give them your case ref number, country of birth, DOB, full name. they will update you. I also wrote them an official letter in the post.

SR[/quote]

Hi,

I have received an IHS partial refund yesterday. I haven't called for an interview yet. Its been approx. 7 Weeks now.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:17 pm

If the application is successful, they would keep the money because that money is apparently to use NHS. Why will they refund if the visa is approved ?

I have no knowledge on this but just using common sense.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:30 am

lavildhillon wrote:nope, it's been 10 days since it was credited to my bank account and i am still waiting for the letter. moreover, i called them every day since then to get an update on the case - they say it is still pending (the decision on the application) and there was no letter posted/ decision not made. So advised to keep waiting. If you wish to call them directly dial 0300 123 2241, choose options made in country application and then waiting period extended normal 8 weeks. Then you get connected to an agent and you give them your case ref number, country of birth, DOB, full name. they will update you. I also wrote them an official letter in the post.

SR
Hi,

I have received an IHS partial refund yesterday. I haven't called for an interview yet. Its been approx. 7 Weeks now.[/quote]

i havent been asked for an interview - just called to find out of the case update.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 am

mohammed1980 wrote:If the application is successful, they would keep the money because that money is apparently to use NHS. Why will they refund if the visa is approved ?

I have no knowledge on this but just using common sense.
they will refund part because if you extend for 2 years, you still pay initially for three years' nhs, and the difference is in any case due to you.

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:44 am

@sky_rise
Hi mate
Any updates? Keep us posted plz
PM as well

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:00 am

hey no update guys - the case is still pending according to them.

any other news from anyone with similar cases? been 2 weeks since the refund got processed.

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:33 pm

@sky_rise
same situation here
same time frame
no updates

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:23 pm

cool. lets play the waiting game together!

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:16 pm

I applied for extension on 29th june I got partial refund on 23rd august. On 25th august got a letter from home office requesting Full birth certificate or passport copy for one of my employees as i send them short birth certificate with my application. I posted full birth certificate on 28th August but since than waiting when i call home office they say case is still open.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

hi all, still no update in my case - received IHS part refund on 24 Aug.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 pm

businessmen aces wrote:My Solicitors just received this letter from HO
Still no news from Home Office. I had replied to the query of Home Office by sending the full birth certificate of employee showing her both parents name as requested by HO on there letter.

It seems home office is sitting on extension application for 6-8 months very very bad service. I wrote them letter on 15th sept to check the progress of application but no reply.

Your Client Claimed points for employing British or settled people in United Kingdom. Your Client has provided the following documents for XYZ
1. Copy of Short Term Birth Certificate
2. A copy of Provisional Driving Licence
3. A copy of National Insurance Card

Paragraph 46-SD (h) ( iv) of Appendix A of the immigration is as follows
( iv ) documents which shows the employee is a settled worker such as the biometric data of a passport containing photograph and personal details of the employee, and where the worker is an overseas national , a copy of any UK Government Stamp or endorsement within the passport or employees full birth certificate , showing the name of at least one parent; and

The evidence your client provided does not show that XYZ is a settled or British person working in the United Kingdom and is therefore unsatisfactory for the award of points . Please arrange with your client to provide us with evidence that XYZ nationality and or immigration status. You should provide the evidence within 14 days by returning it with green label provided.

If the required documents are not provided within 14 days your client application will be decided based on the information we have received.

I had about 11-12 different employees who worked for me during this period and only for this employee passport copy was missing as she did not have a UK Passport she never travelled out of country. Now 8 months back this employee has left job and does not work for us. But today i managed to get hold or her asked her mother name and place of birth and applied her Full UK Birth certificate using Priority service and they promised us that we should receive it within next 2 working days. Will this document will prove that the employee is UK Citizen ??.

I got my Tier 1 visa in march 2013 and was required to create employment for 3120 hours but i summited documents for about 4350 hours and out of which the employ in question worked for about 1200 hours .

After i send full birth certificate with parents name will i get points ? The letter does not have any other query does it mean that all other things are ok and visa will be granted if i send missing documents please advice thanks a lot for your help.

We need our passports asap to make urgent business travels without passport its very difficult to run business.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:42 am

businessmen aces wrote:
businessmen aces wrote:My Solicitors just received this letter from HO
Still no news from Home Office. I had replied to the query of Home Office by sending the full birth certificate of employee showing her both parents name as requested by HO on there letter.

It seems home office is sitting on extension application for 6-8 months very very bad service. I wrote them letter on 15th sept to check the progress of application but no reply.

Your Client Claimed points for employing British or settled people in United Kingdom. Your Client has provided the following documents for XYZ
1. Copy of Short Term Birth Certificate
2. A copy of Provisional Driving Licence
3. A copy of National Insurance Card

Paragraph 46-SD (h) ( iv) of Appendix A of the immigration is as follows
( iv ) documents which shows the employee is a settled worker such as the biometric data of a passport containing photograph and personal details of the employee, and where the worker is an overseas national , a copy of any UK Government Stamp or endorsement within the passport or employees full birth certificate , showing the name of at least one parent; and

The evidence your client provided does not show that XYZ is a settled or British person working in the United Kingdom and is therefore unsatisfactory for the award of points . Please arrange with your client to provide us with evidence that XYZ nationality and or immigration status. You should provide the evidence within 14 days by returning it with green label provided.

If the required documents are not provided within 14 days your client application will be decided based on the information we have received.

I had about 11-12 different employees who worked for me during this period and only for this employee passport copy was missing as she did not have a UK Passport she never travelled out of country. Now 8 months back this employee has left job and does not work for us. But today i managed to get hold or her asked her mother name and place of birth and applied her Full UK Birth certificate using Priority service and they promised us that we should receive it within next 2 working days. Will this document will prove that the employee is UK Citizen ??.

I got my Tier 1 visa in march 2013 and was required to create employment for 3120 hours but i summited documents for about 4350 hours and out of which the employ in question worked for about 1200 hours .

After i send full birth certificate with parents name will i get points ? The letter does not have any other query does it mean that all other things are ok and visa will be granted if i send missing documents please advice thanks a lot for your help.

We need our passports asap to make urgent business travels without passport its very difficult to run business.

You are lucky that they are asking you to submit the additional documents because in most of cases they are simply rejected the applications even if a single document is missing. It look that you only need to submit the full birth certificate and you will get the visa after that.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:13 pm

yes we have send them full birth certificate on 31st August but no reply after that now its more than 13 weeks we are without passport.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 pm

It seems they are saving on postage when someone gives passport for Tier 1 entreprenuer extension after 3 years and 4 months they will keep passports for 20 months so when you apply for ILR you don't have to send them passport again just send them paperwork and you will get passport back with ILR. Hope that time they don't decide to keep passport till naturalisation ...)) Its very very bad service standards and you can't get any time lines they have just kidnapped us we loose our right to freedom of movement its impossible for a businessman not to travel for 6 months to 1 year. They must do something to improve there service standards

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

businessmen aces wrote:It seems they are saving on postage when someone gives passport for Tier 1 entreprenuer extension after 3 years and 4 months they will keep passports for 20 months so when you apply for ILR you don't have to send them passport again just send them paperwork and you will get passport back with ILR. Hope that time they don't decide to keep passport till naturalisation ...)) Its very very bad service standards and you can't get any time lines they have just kidnapped us we loose our right to freedom of movement its impossible for a businessman not to travel for 6 months to 1 year. They must do something to improve there service standards

Very true and best of luck, hope you will get an update soon.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Today we Received letter from Home Office dated 13th October 2016 that they require us to attend interview in connection of our Visa application. Interview date is 25th October. I have one question we applied as a entrepreneur team me and my dad we both got interview letters for same date and time will both of us be interviewed together or separately. Our interview is in battlesea building harrow will it be Skype interview or face to face interview how long will it last.
Are we allowed to take some additional documents with us and refer to some papers to give answers. Say if they ask us how much tax you paid in 2013 we can't remember the exact figure than we can refer to our accounts. As all day to day accounting is done by accountant we just know full details of our business.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:54 pm

businessmen aces wrote:Today we Received letter from Home Office dated 13th October 2016 that they require us to attend interview in connection of our Visa application. Interview date is 25th October. I have one question we applied as a entrepreneur team me and my dad we both got interview letters for same date and time will both of us be interviewed together or separately. Our interview is in battlesea building harrow will it be Skype interview or face to face interview how long will it last.
Are we allowed to take some additional documents with us and refer to some papers to give answers. Say if they ask us how much tax you paid in 2013 we can't remember the exact figure than we can refer to our accounts. As all day to day accounting is done by accountant we just know full details of our business.
Whats the nature of ur business and are u on 50k or 100k?
Thanks

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Promotional garments wholesale and printing and embroidery we have printing and embroidery machines and are under 200 K category but have invested double that amount

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Today we Received letter from Home Office dated 13th October 2016 that they require us to attend interview in connection of our Visa application. Interview date is 25th October. I have one question we applied as a entrepreneur team me and my dad we both got interview letters for same date and time will both of us be interviewed together or separately. Our interview is in battlesea building harrow will it be Skype interview or face to face interview how long will it last.