ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit traveling different dates

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pedro_oh
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit traveling different dates

Post by pedro_oh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello forum people,

I have not seem this answer in any other place on internet. My case is that my wife (EU citizen) is going to UK next month with my children (non EU). But me (non EU) am going to UK 1 to 2 months after them. My question is: can I ask for family permit for me and my children now or I need to ask for them now and for me just after they are already in UK?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

nceeterminator
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit traveling different dates

Post by nceeterminator » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 pm

You can ask for the family permit now. The application of FP doesn't necessary require that your sponsor to be in the UK at the time of application. With that said, should your sponsor has been in the UK for more than 3 months, you will need to submit documents proving that your sponsor is practicing treaty right in Britain, but I doubt this would be your case.

pedro_oh
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit traveling different dates

Post by pedro_oh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi nceeterminator, thank you for your reply. I was asking it because in the official website they say that you need to be traveling with your sponsor or your sponsor should be already in the UK. None is my situation I guess. My wife is not in the UK and we will be traveling in different dates, with she going before me. I think there are no problems, but I'm trying to avoid unpleasant situations.