ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax reduction

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

badmaash

council tax reduction

Post by badmaash » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:33 pm

i have a 2 bedroom house from the local council. i live with my wife and my son. my wife came to the uk from pakistan in 12/2015. i have got a bil today for her asking for full amount, and a bill for myself saying nil, when my wife came here i informed esa and lost my sdp.but i forgot tell housing benefit and council tax

will she have to pay the full amount, she does not work and is my carer, but does not get any benefits

Casa

Re: council tax reduction

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Why do you think you and your wife are entitled to a Council tax reduction :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 pm

i am receiving esa income based and dla

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 pm

can anyone help please

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Is your wife working?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm

no

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:47 pm

This is something you need to query with your local authority. There are very few members who have in-depth knowledge on the award of discounted rates as this is primarily an immigration forum.

You will have to wait until someone is online who is able to advise you. The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) should be able to help.
(Casa, not CR001)