ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I travel to the US?!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrvex
Newly Registered

can I travel to the US?!

Post by mrvex » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a German national currently living in the UK but parent but my mother lives in Spain and is a Spanish national. I am currently waiting for my spanish passport to be processed.

Around 4 years ago I travelled to the USA on a B2 visa. While I was there I was caught drinking on the street and was ordered to attend court. My court date fell when I was due to leave the USA back to the UK. A warrant was then issued as I did not attend. To cut a long story short I have now been issued with a certificate of deposition and my case has been closed and the warrant has been cancelled.

I would like to travel back to the US again on a B2 visa but I am not sure if I will be allowed entry. Are there any complications for me travelling to the US?

Can someone please clarify if I can enter the US under the ESTA waiver? Will I be allowed to visit the US at all?

Thanks so much for your help.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: can I travel to the US?!

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:30 am

mrvex wrote:I am a German national currently living in the UK but parent but my mother lives in Spain and is a Spanish national. I am currently waiting for my spanish passport to be processed.

Around 4 years ago I travelled to the USA on a B2 visa. While I was there I was caught drinking on the street and was ordered to attend court. My court date fell when I was due to leave the USA back to the UK. A warrant was then issued as I did not attend. To cut a long story short I have now been issued with a certificate of deposition and my case has been closed and the warrant has been cancelled.

I would like to travel back to the US again on a B2 visa but I am not sure if I will be allowed entry. Are there any complications for me travelling to the US?

Can someone please clarify if I can enter the US under the ESTA waiver? Will I be allowed to visit the US at all?
Was there any particular reason why your previous travel to the US was on a B2 visa, instead of an ESTA?
As for the other question, you may want to check the list of visa ineligibilities listed on the US state website below to understand whether your previous history in the US is likely to result in you being ineligible for a visa. Note that if you are ineligible for a visa, then a ESTA application is unlikely to succeed either.
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/ ... ities.html

mrvex
Newly Registered

Re: can I travel to the US?!

Post by mrvex » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks for your input, would be good to hear thoughts from others too so please chime in :D