ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal premium upgrade guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baba_baba

Re: Postal premium upgrade guidance

Post by baba_baba » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for vinny, amber and all moderators, I got my wife's visa today. It was sent by post following her passport. The premium upgrade team was very helpful and I should say it was worth paying the extra money.

I wish everyone expecting their application outcome all the very best and good luck..

Thank you

Nasir639!
Newly Registered

Post by Nasir639! » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Thank you everyone for sharing their experiences. I am looking to upgrade my application too. I am thinking whether to send SA302's before upgrading or just upgrade without it. Obviously, I did not send them in the initial application.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Nas

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Nasir639! wrote:Thank you everyone for sharing their experiences. I am looking to upgrade my application too. I am thinking whether to send SA302's before upgrading or just upgrade without it. Obviously, I did not send them in the initial application.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Nas
Hi Nas,

I am not quite sure about SA302, I did the same. I sent some missing bank statements with my reference number and upgraded it.

Hope this helps ...

baba_baba

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi ILR2015-2016,

I have submitted my application on 11th Apr. The PU team initially said to me what you heard (your application is not eligible) but I have tried to upgrade once again and they said my application is in the process of being decided. still not sure how much longer it takes. How about you? when did you send your application?

rahulsami85
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsami85 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:36 pm

shark118 wrote:
Hi ILR2015-2016,

I have submitted my application on 11th Apr. The PU team initially said to me what you heard (your application is not eligible) but I have tried to upgrade once again and they said my application is in the process of being decided. still not sure how much longer it takes. How about you? when did you send your application?
Dear shark118,

I am having the similar issue with my premium upgrade as yours. My ILR application thorugh T1G route is based on full PAYE. I applied for upgrade and have received a reply that "premium upgrade is not available for you because we dont deal with these case types". They have not explained what case types they are talking about and I have seen many people even those with past self-employments being accepted for premium upgrade. I have read your posts that they notified you that your case was already being considered by another department. Have you received any further reply since ? Could you please let me know the progress.

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Dear rahulsami85,

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything since. still waiting. I have seen from the other thread some of guys who has applied in Feb and Mar have started getting their results so hopefully get something soon.
rahulsami85 wrote:
shark118 wrote:
Hi ILR2015-2016,

Dear shark118,

I am having the similar issue with my premium upgrade as yours. My ILR application thorugh T1G route is based on full PAYE. I applied for upgrade and have received a reply that "premium upgrade is not available for you because we dont deal with these case types". They have not explained what case types they are talking about and I have seen many people even those with past self-employments being accepted for premium upgrade. I have read your posts that they notified you that your case was already being considered by another department. Have you received any further reply since ? Could you please let me know the progress.

KiranAgam

Post by KiranAgam » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Dear all,
I applied for Tier1 ILR, on 15 March 2016.
It's 5 months now. I don't know if there is any sense in upgrading my postal application to premium now.
There is one month left now.

Is this something they have started recently because I wrote a letter to HO asking for upgrading my application and they said I have to withdraw my application and apply fresh for premium.

Even legal advisors didn't know about this form.
It looks they have only started this recently.

Do you when they started this service

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi KiranAgam,

It is a new service. The published date of the form and guidance as seen from the following link is May 2016. (Have a look at the date under "Published")

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

Many people have been waiting for over 8 months now and have not received any reply. Its not always processed within 6 months. Even upgrading your application to premium is not always successful.

Junaidkts
Newly Registered

Post by Junaidkts » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:45 pm

saj626 wrote:As per UKVI guidance
Only 5 application accepted between 8am to 12 noon.
Monday to Thursday.

Many thanks
Just a quick note;

I believe there is no cap on the number of applications accepted for a premium upgrade. Please see

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... pplication

bauzy
Nigeria

Post by bauzy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:32 pm

i sent in my upgrade on august 15,got an email same day 10am saying my application is provisionally eligible for an upgrade,upon receipt we will review ur application and if eligible we will process your payment and consider ur application in 5working days,
then today 5/09/16 another email says ur recent application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6mths of the date of ur application,if we unable to process ur application is 6mths we will tell u as soon as possible, does this means the upgrade is refused or accepted,pls any advice as the money is still in my account

saj626

Post by saj626 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Junaidkts wrote:
Monday to Thursday.

Many thanks
Just a quick note;

I believe there is no cap on the number of applications accepted for a premium upgrade. Please see

5 application cap

Read this it is self Explanatory:
https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

bauzy
Nigeria

Post by bauzy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Can someone help Pls,I applied for ilr seto,I applied to upgrade to postal premium ,same day I got an email saying I am provisionally eligible ,then after 3wks I received thisWe are emailing you t­o confirm that your r­ecent Home Office app­lication is still und­er consideration and ­we expect to make a d­ecision within 6 mont­hs of the date of you­r application, which ­is our service standa­rd. If we are unable ­to process your appli­cation within 6 month­s we will tell you as­ soon as possible.­

Our web page contains­ further information ­about our service standards ­and other information­ that you may find he­lpful with regard to ­your . CAN I SAY THAT IT IS REFUSED OR ACCEPTED AS THE 400PDS IS IN MY ACVOUNT ALL THIS WHILE.PLS ANY ADVICE .THANKS

Junaidkts
Newly Registered

Post by Junaidkts » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:09 pm

saj626 wrote:
Junaidkts wrote:
Monday to Thursday.

Many thanks
Just a quick note;

5 application cap

Read this it is self Explanatory:
https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application
Just recieved a reply from the Home office regarding the cap on the applications. All I am told that for the latest information, please refer to the e-mail. Dont know what is true, if there is a cap or not.

jan39

Post by jan39 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:52 pm

SetO guy wrote:HI CR001,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The payment page shows £400 pounds if the candidate is not attending in person. if attending in person, it is £500.

Do we need to complete both the forms just send the payment page. It is not clear.
£400 for not attending in person?
Can you explain please? Is there any way for a premium service not to be attended in person?
It means it works like a premium service but through post and without going to the PEO centre?
I checked the form but there is no options to select £400 or £500.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:10 pm

jan39 wrote:
SetO guy wrote:HI CR001,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The payment page shows £400 pounds if the candidate is not attending in person. if attending in person, it is £500.

Do we need to complete both the forms just send the payment page. It is not clear.
£400 for not attending in person?
Can you explain please? Is there any way for a premium service not to be attended in person?
It means it works like a premium service but through post and without going to the PEO centre?
I checked the form but there is no options to select £400 or £500.
You need to fill 2 forms. The option is under payment details (Number 5). You can see the forms here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Form.docx

jan39

Post by jan39 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:31 pm

You need to fill 2 forms. The option is under payment details (Number 5). You can see the forms here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Form.docx[/quote]
It means for £400 option, they will expedite the application for a same day service in the absence of applicant.
That's a big news for me that premium service can be possible without attending yourself.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:04 am

jan39 wrote:You need to fill 2 forms. The option is under payment details (Number 5). You can see the forms here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Form.docx
It means for £400 option, they will expedite the application for a same day service in the absence of applicant.
That's a big news for me that premium service can be possible without attending yourself.[/quote]

Just to clearify, it may not be a same day service. You will have to send a request to transfer your application from postal to premium. They will make initial assessment of your case. If eligible, it will be allocated to a case worker for a quicker decision. Overall, it may take a week or more if no further checks are required.

Nauman2547
inactive

Post by Nauman2547 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi,I have applied on 20th May and received BRP in the first week of June and after that no update,it's nearly 4 months now and now thinking of upgrading to premium service.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm

bauzy wrote:Can someone help Pls,I applied for ilr seto,I applied to upgrade to postal premium ,same day I got an email saying I am provisionally eligible ,then after 3wks I received thisWe are emailing you t­o confirm that your r­ecent Home Office app­lication is still und­er consideration and ­we expect to make a d­ecision within 6 mont­hs of the date of you­r application, which ­is our service standa­rd. If we are unable ­to process your appli­cation within 6 month­s we will tell you as­ soon as possible.­

Our web page contains­ further information ­about our service standards ­and other information­ that you may find he­lpful with regard to ­your . CAN I SAY THAT IT IS REFUSED OR ACCEPTED AS THE 400PDS IS IN MY ACVOUNT ALL THIS WHILE.PLS ANY ADVICE .THANKS
Hi Bauzy;

Did you got any response yet from premium team?

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Please can someone tell me how long it can take when requesting a premium upgrade, a week ago I received an email saying I was provisionally upgraded but nothing since and no money has been deducted. I am so sick of waiting and having my life being put on hold :cry:

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:50 pm

sarah888 wrote:Please can someone tell me how long it can take when requesting a premium upgrade, a week ago I received an email saying I was provisionally upgraded but nothing since and no money has been deducted. I am so sick of waiting and having my life being put on hold :cry:
Hi Sarah888,

I have been waiting since 20 September with same e-mail that I was provisionally eligible. I guess there is some problem with the team that send the applications from the storage. Not sure if they are too busy or something else. Also, I can see that a number of people got the decisions by upgrading their applications in June but can not see any post some one getting a decision using this service in August or September. A member baba-baba asked for an upgrade apparently around 22-23 June and was told after 2 weeks that premium upgrade team was still waiting for his application to arrive and he got approvel roughly after 3 weeks. Myself asked after 1 week that what is status of my application as it has been 7 days and service standard should be 72 hours max. I would say premium upgrade team is very helpful and they told me too that we are still waiting for your application and some time, it takes a while to recieve an application. Anyway, 2 weeks and 1 day has passed. Nothing yet. No money has been deducted. Lets see

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:11 pm

KhanNW wrote:
sarah888 wrote:Please can someone tell me how long it can take when requesting a premium upgrade, a week ago I received an email saying I was provisionally upgraded but nothing since and no money has been deducted. I am so sick of waiting and having my life being put on hold :cry:
Hi Sarah888,

I have been waiting since 20 September with same e-mail that I was provisionally eligible. I guess there is some problem with the team that send the applications from the storage. Not sure if they are too busy or something else. Also, I can see that a number of people got the decisions by upgrading their applications in June but can not see any post some one getting a decision using this service in August or September. A member baba-baba asked for an upgrade apparently around 22-23 June and was told after 2 weeks that premium upgrade team was still waiting for his application to arrive and he got approvel roughly after 3 weeks. Myself asked after 1 week that what is status of my application as it has been 7 days and service standard should be 72 hours max. I would say premium upgrade team is very helpful and they told me too that we are still waiting for your application and some time, it takes a while to recieve an application. Anyway, 2 weeks and 1 day has passed. Nothing yet. No money has been deducted. Lets see

Can you tell me how you contacted the premium upgrade team please? I juts find It so silly that they offer a service they obviously cant keep up with. Fingers crossed you and I get a decision soon

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm

sarah888 wrote:
KhanNW wrote:
Hi Sarah888,

Can you tell me how you contacted the premium upgrade team please? I juts find It so silly that they offer a service they obviously cant keep up with. Fingers crossed you and I get a decision soon
Thanks and hope you will get a positive decision soon too. I sent an e-mail. You can send too but I guess they will say the same. I sent a few days ago.

snoopy01

Post by snoopy01 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:09 am

Any recent success with PEO upgrades please?

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 pm

dear moderators
i want to go to PSC but my life in uk and degree certificate with HO though i have my passports.
I tried changing my current pending set LR to postal premium upgrade but no response from HO , 4 emails sent already to premium service.
how to change that to premium, can i go to PSC without LIUK, and degree??
Actually what happened was, I completed my 10 yrs of legal residence while my Tier 1 application was pending for outcome so I sent variation SET(LR) application on 02/12/2016 but on 29/11/2016, home office approved my pending Tier1 application and i received that decision to grant LTR after I POSTED this set lr application so I had no way of knowing that my old application had been processed when I posted this SET(LR) application.

. Furthermore, the fees I sent with this SET(LR) application has been taken from my account.
i paid only differnce of £671 as i paid £1204 with tier1
>>>>>>can i go PSC appointment without original LIUK, and degree??
thx