ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR holder, getting married in India!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UK Resident
Newly Registered

ILR holder, getting married in India!

Post by UK Resident » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi All,

Any replies will really be appreciated on the following questions:

1. I am an ILR holder in the UK (since last jan 2004).
I am getting married in India in couple of weeks time from now.

My to-be wife has been here in the UK several times on Work permits and also since our engagement last year, we have been sharing the same property in the UK (for about 8 months now). We have all the bills/ tenancy agreements in both our names.

My question is: We both are flying to India and getting married there - typical Indian marriage and also we will get our marriage registered in Inda. She will be applying for the marriage visa soon after (in UK consulate in India).

Question 1: What all documentation (originals + notarised copies) are needed for getting her marriage visa?

Additional information:
I am contracting in the UK and I am showing a bank balance of around 6000+ in my personal current account and have about 20000+ savings in my company bank account (I am the only owner of my company - i have letters from my bankers to prove this fact and aslo from my accountants apart from my shareholding documents and Company incorporation documents).

Also my would-be wife has UK bank statements in her name to prove her savings in the UK (around 8000+).

My property tenancy is continuing too.
My contracts (work) in the UK are continuing for several months as of now (possibly renewed again later.)

Question 2: Is this 6000+ in my personal bank account enough to prove my ability to support ourselves? Also I will be showing my company bank accounts to the visa office (from which I pay myself salaries regularly). Would they acept it or would they want to see all saving in my personal current account only?

Question 3: Since I am permanent resident in UK (ILR holder and still an Indian citizen), would I need some notary or other documents from the UK (or any UK organisation/Government) to prove to the marriage registration office in India that I am eligible to marry or would my indian citizenship enough to get married in India?

Anyone (especially Indians) holding ILR in the UK and who have got recently married in India, can certainly throw some light for this question.

Thanks for all of your time.

best regards.